Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Tips for VC1:
Scouts are your best unit. They can solo any mission that doesn’t require you to kill a tank.
Shocktroopers are nice but underpowered.
Lancers are the only other unit you really need, and that’s only if there’s a tank.
Snipers are great for picking off annoying infantry.
Engineers are useless outside their niche, and even then they’re meh.
As tempting as it is to field your entire squad at the start, that’s a bad idea. Field only your captains to increase your command points, then capture outposts to field extra units further on the map.
Every mission has an enemy ace. Killing them gets bonus cash and unlocks a new weapon. Unfortunately all the ace weapons suck, so you’re better off upgrading your own.
Winning missions on S rank gets you Royal weapons IIRC in the second half of the campaign. If you S ranked all your mission up to this point then you get a bunch dropped on you.
Moving your tank is worthless 9/10 times. You’re better off moving 2 units than it once.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
That is true.
Almost every S rank you get will be by buffing Alicia with 4 or 5 Orders every turn and having her run through the battle straight to the objective.
VC 1 is really unbalanced like that. Thankfully that’s fixed in later entries.
Of course on your first run through a mission it pays (literally) to take your time and kill all tanks and captains. S ranks and royal weapons are nice. So is buying all your training and upgrades.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan
I only have 1 and 4 currently on Steam. And I imagine doing the scout dash if I have one or two turns left for the S rank. And I’ll likely use a few shocktroopers (especially captains) if just because like armored knights in Fire Emblem, I think they’re neat.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Those are unfortunately the only ones on Steam. Don’t know why they skipped 2 and 3.
But hey they come with all the dlc now so that’s nice. They didn’t at launch and I bought half of 4’s before it eventually just gave me the rest.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Ok this is bizzare for this thread but where else am I to post this
Nelson Bot on Chess.com is not 1300 fucking ELO
I suck shit at chess and even I can consistently beat this robot
This man makes so many obvious mistakes and blunders that even a 500 ELO rated player can spot them
Seriously I was watching GothamChess vids and reading comments where he plays the bots and got the impression that Nelson was this feared bot for beginner and I beat his ass in the first game I played
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I started playing Fallout 4. I’m trying out what the game has to offer before I decide on a character build.
Getting Fallout 4 to run in ultrawide resolution is as easy as downloading the GeForce Experience and optimizing the game. Much better than spending hours screwing around trying to make old mods work.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Other than getting to chapter 5 in Valkyria Chronicles, I decided to finally tackle the March Civ 6 challenge map. I was reminded why I set an alarm for myself when I play this game.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I came across a quarry called Thicket Excavations and fell through some broken textures into a pond of irradiated water. This sure is a Bethesda game.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Now with my first playthrough of Alien Dark Descent done I’m jumping on FF7.
This will mark the last milestone FF game I need to play. For years I didn’t plan on it since I already knew pretty much everything about it. And when a remake was finally announced I planned to just play that instead.
But then the remake turned out to be a stealth sequel so there went that idea.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Hell yeah! I sealed away that Nix fucker, and prevented the end of the world in Persona 3 Reload. Now I can just kick back and watch the credits roll.
And everyones commenting about the protagonist looking pale and sickly. Why is everyone telling me that?
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
I learned that in video games, programmers or whoever makes the character models make it so that if the camera is a certain distance away, the model(s) in question degrade to a low-quality version to ease up on processing power until the camera zooms back in on them. Or in the case of “Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS”, the character models are low-quality during gameplay until paused, then the models are higher.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
What’s a good example of “competitive co-op”?
You have to keep your teammates alive and healthy but also need to get a higher score count than them.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide