Video Game General

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
What I always found weird is that, in Digimon World 2 at least, DNA Digivolving two of your Digimon ended up creating a new Digimon one level LOWER than the two you started with, instead of one level higher like in the actual series.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Jarkes

Let’s be fair, that would be exploitable as hell

@Prof.NightJack  
@QuasarNova
>Digimon has gone the pokemon route
You clearly have no idea that grinding for evos is somthing Digimon has always had, it starts as digital pets with fighting states.
And there is more to it then with pokemon, so no, it didn’t go the pokemon route, it is still going it’s own route.

It was different enough in Digimon World 1

Stats mattered at all time, even the poop stat!

Yes, breeding in pokemon works like that too, but that came after

We went from exploring an island with different environments to corridors in a tank
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Gizmonics Scientist
@QuasarNova  
No, the states, though tweeked over time, have ALWAYS worked to effect what the digimon can become, it wasn’t like pokemon at all as no matter how you train a pokemon it has SET evolutions where has digimon has BRANCHING ones.
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
Also if you are going to say it went to “pokemon route” for how you now go around in the world, well it’s doing like a lot of other story driven, turn based RPGs with a party.  
So saying it went to “pokemon route” is dimmissing other RPGs like it.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Prof.NightJack

I remember digimon world 2 having more streamlined evolutions

As in, no matter which digimon you fused, they would always have a straight evolution path with little to no deviations

Also, back in Digimon world 1 there was no party. Just you and the pack of data that 9/10 would become numemon
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@Thanotos Omega  
Before the second arc of 02, and likly for some time after, therer wasn’t really a standard to how things like that worked across the different digimon media  
Omnimon/Omegamon was introduced before World 2 but it wasn’t seen as a higher level then it’s components at the time.  
There was also the V-Tamer 01 manga(the one with a different version of Tai that had a V-dramon partner) that had more then one type of DNA digivolvoing, one you have to undo to get the orignal two back and one that allowed them to un-fuse and then re-fuse without waiting but not the way used in the anime.

Ya, that was just how the early days where.
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@QuasarNova  
Well now, World 2 had the branching paths but unless you worked to make sure it would go to another one it went with a set line.  
ANd I’m betting you missed the number of games after World 2 where it expanded one a numebr of things, and become more like other RPGs.  
Now you have two lines of digimon games the world ones where it works mostly like World 1 and the Story games that allow you more controle over the path you mon takes.

So really, it’s always set itself apart from pokemon by having multiple ways to evolve a single digimon.

Just a note, any of the games marked as “world” on the DS where just using it for the name in the US, it’s actully part of the Story games.
Thanotos Omega
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Digimon World 3 took multiple Digivolutions per digimon to the maximum levels since every rookie could unlock every available Digivolution, so your Patamon could unlock the ability to be a Wargreymon or even Malomyotismon
QuasarNova

@Prof.NightJack

You bet right. Never got to play a digimon game until Data Squad came out, which wasn’t bad, just that grinding to get all the galaxies and have 3 copies of the same digimon (ghoulmon, toyagumon, clear agumon, and the full hagurumon line) left a bittersweet note on me

Also miss Rumble Arena
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@QuasarNova  
That is actually one of the only digimon in RPGs that isn’t played like the others, the World or Story, so it’s why it works a bit diffently.  
Aother one that isn’t played like others is World 4, the black sheep as it’s mostly an action game.  
Also the Data Squad game is just labeled “World” as the localized name.  
They had a bad habit of doing that…
Kanye West
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
I need three Brainy patches. Already have my Angewomon and I’m going to be using Kyubimon -> LadyDevimon -> Lilithmon.
Kanye West
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
@QuasarNova  
In CS I did DNA Digivolve into Mastemon to see her support skill and special move..thought they were eh and mowed down the rest of the game with Lilithmon.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Okay, we're impressed

You're looking at a thread with over 200,000 posts in it!

For various reasons, we'd like to ask you to start a new topic.