Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
The funny thing about EVIL is that people complain about House of Torture and how all of their matches are overbooked, but The Attitude Era was nothing but overbooked main events and people ate that shit up.
I believe overbooked matches have a place in wrestling because wrestling at the end of the day is about getting emotion out of people. It’s why Jeff Jarrett is still a constant presence in the wrestling business nearly 40 years since he debuted.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I’m almost done watching Sakura Genesis, and I thought EVIL’s match with Shingo was every bit of 4 stars. Probably the third best match of the entire show. And why? Because it was different than everything else on the show. It got the most emotion out of the fans to where the audience desperately wanted to see Shingo win. And it concluded with a satisfying payoff.
I thought it was just fantastic and it’s a shame EVIL doesn’t get the respect he deserves. Him and El Phantasmo are in my opinion the two most underrated wrestlers in the world.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Here are my predictions
Night one
Rhea defeats Becky
Awesome Truth win the Raw titles, A-Town Down Under win the Smackdown titles
Santos and Dominik defeat Rey and Andrade
Jimmy defeats Jey
Bianca Belair, Jade Cargill, and Naomi defeat Damage CTRL
Gunther defeats Sami
The Bloodline defeats Cody and Seth
Night two
Drew defeats Seth and then Damian Priest cashes in after CM Punk gives Drew a GTS
The Pride defeat The Final Testament
AJ Styles defeats LA Knight
Logan Paul defeats Orton and Kevin Owens
Bayley defeats Iyo Sky
Cody defeats Roman after Steve Austin comes out to take out The Rock
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I thought Jey Uso Vs Jimmy Uso was kinda disappointing, in all honesty. 95% of it was just superkicks. I also felt that it made Jimmy Uso look really weak.
Probably my first disappointment of the entire show. It didn’t feel like it left first gear.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Honestly, so far this has been the weakest WrestleMania since Mania 29, which is ironic because that was the last time Rock had a full length match.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Sami Zayn and Gunther was absolutely incredible… though I still think Chad Gable should’ve been the one to have ended Gunther’s IC title reign.
Jb33124
Starlight Glimmer - For supporting the site
Starlight Glimmer - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Gaining Confidence
Sami Zayn and Gunther was absolutely incredible… though I still think Chad Gable should’ve been the one to have ended Gunther’s IC title reign.
SAMI PULLS OUT THE BRAINBUSTER?!
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I thought the main event started off really slow, but got really cooking in the last 15 minutes or so. Did it need to be 45 minutes? No, but it was a spectacle and at the end of the day that’s all that really matters.
From Roman accidentally spearing The Rock, to The Rock keeping his promise of using the weight belt, which played into the finish, to The Rock pinning Cody, the match accomplished a lot. I was very entertained by it.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Overall, I would probably give Night 1 of WrestleMania 40 a 7.5 out of 10, or a B grade. There was some not great stuff– the battle between Jimmy and Jey being the lowest point of the entire show– but Rhea Vs Becky was great, the ladder match was a lot of fun, Sami Vs Gunther was the best match of the night with Sami winning being the coolest moment of the entire show, and the main event had this big time feel to it that in the end delivered what was anticipated.
I can’t in good conscious call it a bad show when the last two matches take up almost half of the show’s runtime, and they were in my opinion the two best matches of the entire show.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I think lost in all this is the fact that The Rock wrestled his first full length match in over 11 years. And he didn’t look lost, he didn’t look out of place, he seemingly didn’t injure himself, The Rock came out and wrestled a full length match in over a decade and he looked amazing.
The Rock honestly looked better here than in either of the Cena matches.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
According to multiple sources, AEW is planning on airing the backstage All In footage between CM Punk and Jack Perry on Dynamite this upcoming Wednesday.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I’m someone who’s been on AEW’s side more than Punk’s– I’ve felt Punk deserved getting fired because you can’t beat up your coworkers– but this whole thing if true is embarrassing and proves Punk’s point right that AEW is not meant to be taken as serious competition. This is some truly petty bullshit.
Background Pony #5207
I’m someone who’s been on AEW’s side more than Punk’s– I’ve felt Punk deserved getting fired because you can’t beat up your coworkers– but this whole thing if true is embarrassing and proves Punk’s point right that AEW is not meant to be taken as serious competition. This is some truly petty bullshit.
@Dashie41 YT
Laughs hard Is AEW/TK already reaching WCW 2000 type of Levels here? XD
Holy Equestria is this beyond Hilarious, CM Punk still going to give AEW the Huge Ratings(even with him not working there anymore) haha! :)
#AEW #CMPunk #PunkLivesRentFree
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I mean, it has to be a joke, right? Tony Khan can’t possibly be this thin-skinned and desperate for ratings. I think AEW is working people, but we’ll see if they’re telling the truth.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide