An Announcement from Derpibooru's Staff

DEADACCOUNT
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@A2Rhombus  
>the only artist  
Except for you know, Jargon, AnontheAnon, Rhorse, Mkogwheel, Tiarawhy, Shino, just to name a few.  
At least they all drew pony related stuff, unlike brae who only drew like 5 pony images in the last two years
Skygunner
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Artist -

Traveling Pony Salesman
That’s, perfect.

Not gonna knock on the wiplash, whatever.

Thank you for removing hate speech from your site.

To anyone out there who’s not happy with this..allow me to try and cue you in on what’s happened. Because simply shouting and insulting each other…isn’t well productive.

Nazism = Hate Speech. It’s really that simple, there’s no good nazi. There’s no positive spin you can put on nazi imagery to the point where using it for the LOLZ or ironically, or making nazi horse cute, doesn’t give Nazism and the values of it, a platform to stand on.

There is NO ironically supporting something. There’s only supporting it.

All things associated with hate speech are now gone. If you truely have a problem with this and can’t grasp why

nazi = bad

Then I’m not sure what to tell you.

Also I’ll end this with “I am a person who likes healthy debate. but this is one thing that there’s really not debate on. It’s cut and dry. if you support nazism in any way, ironically, your opinion is simply not worth listening too. So feel free to pile on like in the last time (called it!) I’ll respond with nothing but a “lol the nazi’s are mad” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyc62g7YQM0
TheDrizzle404
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

Rainy Gryphon
@TheDrizzle404
They’re not deciding morals for society. You give businesses too much credit. They’re deciding morals for their own company culture. I never see anyone bitching about Chick-Fil-A not allowing people to curse in their restaurants. Where’s the free speech brigade boycotting them?

But they are. When a company, let’s say Patreon, decides that someone can no longer be supported by people who want their content, they’re deciding what’s allowed in society. Companies keep doing the same thing to the cheering of anti-censorship people who don’t seem to understand the concsequences.
Blossomforth
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Flexible - Bendy Pony

The Flexible One
@Bolt the Super-pony  
I think we all have whiplash at this point.

@Background Pony #9E12  
We are going to have open discussions with our community regarding any rule or content policy changes.

@evan555alpha  
For right now, the rules are largely what they were before everything started - anything blatantly hateful or discriminatory is not welcome. Parody is fine. This is how the rules always have been, but we will be enforcing the rules against hateful content more sternly.

Though as noted above, we have a lot of conversations to have with our community regarding what the site’s policies should be.

@doloresbridge  
Unless the content is clearly hateful, it will not be banned.

@Skoon  
I appreciate this. The truth is that there is no right answer. We just want to run an art site.

@Background Pony #B63A  
That is a conversation we need to have with our community. I would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on that.

@Background Pony #5E10  
No

@Background Pony #32C3  
Any further changes to our site’s rules beyond what they were at the start of the month will be announced in advanced and open to community feedback. This announcement is a pledge to involve the community in making decisions that affect the community.

@Background Pony #9E12  
We are not going to be banning anyone. As the previous announcement said, forced filtering will be disabled soon.

@Whatsapokemon  
That’s our goal. We’ve failed our community by not listening properly, and instead just made changes without communicating. This is a vow for us to change that.

@Skoon  
It’s not
chucklefarts
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Contortionist
The moment you went for censorship, you fucked up. People can filter what they don’t like. This is an archival site, not some place to push agendas.
CobaltFlux
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Just make up your goddamn minds on what IS allowed to be posted and what IS NOT allowed to be posted. BE SPECIFIC. And for gods sakes, when you make your minds up, ENFORCE IT. This shit isn’t rocket science.
Background Pony #4C76
@Zatss  
Para spent a lot of time to smooth over issues after the reverting to the old rules. Then you see Blossomforth’s post saying “nope, we’re banning all political stuff now”. This was way after Para’s posts of transparency and openness trying to earn back people’s trust. Some staff are leaving and it’s now a larger dumpster fire.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: That's all for now