Concerned Users of Derpibooru

Background Pony #715E
@Archonix  
Don’t worry you’re not speaking for him, you’re just writing a complete fiction. Over on Fimction you said  
The issue, ultimately, is that I abhore violence, and I stand for free expression of things I disagree with…

Acting as an apologist and enabler of violence, “Oh he wasn’t REALLY going to do it! He’s just stressed!” What, are you trying to get your mod position back?
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
I’d absolutely love more understanding and a little less hostility, but that’s a two way street.

Yes. I agree completely. I don’t mean to dismiss your concerns - I share them. As I said, I’m not speaking on his behalf, but I do feel I have a reasonably good understanding of his intent.

I’d like to see more consistency in the rules and the application of them as well.

@Background Pony #715E  
Acting as an apologist and enabler of violence, “Oh he wasn’t REALLY going to do it! He’s just stressed!” What, are you trying to get your mod position back?

I don’t want a mod position. I quit because I’m very ill and couldn’t commit any time or energy to the site.

And you’re the one reading “enabler of violence” into my argument that stress makes people act out of character. Where’s the violence here?
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Archonix  
I’d like to note that stress and alcohol (when acute and not chronic, anyway) don’t quite make people act “out of character”, they make them refuse/be unable to restrain themselves. This kind of ultimatums is the original impulse, before it can be tempered by choice, reason and habit. So it’s still “in” character, just on the far reaches of it, and normally extinguished long before it reaches the “focus” - how person acts and what they say in normal situations.  
Meanwhile, brain damage actually changes what the character is, and can in fact make people act completely differently to what they did before, i.e. “out of character”.  
Or in neural analogy: the character is the neural networks in the brain, stress and alcohol make usually suppressed neural-nets reach the output, brain damage changes the networks themselves.

@doloresbridge  
That’s using a pony as an example, not turning her into a political stance, unlike the “art should offend UNLESS IT OFFENDS ME THEN IT IS BANNED” people.
Officer Hotpants
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Literally3HitlersInACoat
@doloresbridge  
True. I pretty much always ignore them, though. Unless they’re funny or just really well drawn.

@evan555alpha  
Wait, what? We have our own cards now? Why didn’t I get one?

@LightningBolt  
Wouldn’t that many lighters in one place make you a fire hazard, though? What if you get hit in combat? You’ll go off like a Doom barrel! That’s what video games taught me, anyway; all flammable material is explosive and the explosive force increases exponentially with mass.
Background Pony #A047
What’s especially symptomatic is the “rules for thee but not for me”. TSP suffers no consequences, in fact he installs admins who share his ideas more closely than Raptorshy. TSP “blows out” is excused, Raptorshy blows out and sacked.
Background Pony #715E
@Archonix  
And you’re the one reading “enabler of violence” into my argument that stress makes people act out of character. Where’s the violence here? [/bq]  
Threatening to nuke the site isn’t violence? Threatening to come back “with an iron-fist” isn’t violence?  
July 9th 5:44pm - Teaspoon:
If there is not a public statement to the effect of “we’ll be heavily clamping down on any nazi and racist content” by the end of the day
I will be fully retaking the site and going full iron fist

“If I don’t get what I want, I will use force to take it against your will.” You’re really going to say that’s not violence Archonix?
Archonix
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Background Pony #715E  
No, it’s not violence. Words are not violence. Deleting a website for potentially petty reasons might be stupid, but it’s not violence. Unless tsp was actually proposing a personal visit to each mod so he could beat them down with a steel gauntlet, there was no violence in anything he said.
Background Pony #715E
@Archonix  
This is surprising, since you usually present yourself as well-read.  
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/violence  
an unjust or unwarranted exertion of force or power.

The owner of the website has power both legal and literal over the website and the way it is run, does he not? Would you call TSP’s ultimatum and threat to “fully retaking the site and going full iron fist” warranted and just?
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
Google:
violence
/ˈvʌɪəl(ə)ns/
noun
noun: violence
behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. 
strength of emotion or of a destructive natural force. 
Merriam-Webster
violence noun
vi·​o·​lence | \ ˈvī-lən(t)s , ˈvī-ə- \
Definition of violence
1a : the use of physical force so as to injure, abuse, damage, or destroy
b : an instance of violent treatment or procedure
2 : injury by or as if by distortion, infringement, or profanation : outrage
3a : intense, turbulent, or furious and often destructive action or force the violence of the storm
b : vehement feeling or expression : fervor also : an instance of such action or feeling
c : a clashing or jarring quality : discordance
4 : undue alteration (as of wording or sense in editing a text)
Lexico
violence
Pronunciation /ˈvʌɪəl(ə)ns/
noun
mass noun
1 Behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. 
    1.1 Law The unlawful exercise of physical force or intimidation by the exhibition of such force. 
2 Strength of emotion or of a destructive natural force. 
Dictionary.com
violence
[ vahy-uh-luhns ]
noun
swift and intense force: the violence of a storm.
rough or injurious physical force, action, or treatment: to die by violence.
an unjust or unwarranted exertion of force or power, as against rights or laws: to take over a government by violence.
a violent act or proceeding.
rough or immoderate vehemence, as of feeling or language: the violence of his hatred.
damage through distortion or unwarranted alteration: to do editorial violence to a text.
WHO
“the intentional use of physical force or power, threatened or actual, against oneself, another person, or against a group or community, that either results in or has a high likelihood of resulting in injury, death, psychological harm, maldevelopment, or deprivation.”
cherry-picking
/ˈtʃɛrɪpɪkɪŋ/
noun
noun: cherry-picking; plural noun: cherry-pickings; noun: cherrypicking; plural noun: cherrypickings
**the action or practice of choosing and taking only the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc., from what is available.**
Archonix
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -
Heart Gem -

Retired Ass
@Background Pony #715E  
I don’t present myself as well-read.

The generally understood meaning of “violence” is to use physical force against others, whcih is why some variation of that is the first definition in every dictionary you care to mention. The use of “violence” in other contexts, such as violent agreement or a violently offensive hawaiian shirt, is metaphorical or rhetorical. In other words it’s not actually violence.

@Officer Hotpants  
@Archonix
Uh oh. TSP’s been upgrading his gauntlet? Must be a boss battle coming up.

I have it on good authority that he’s upgraded to extra long spikes.
Background Pony #715E
@Archonix  
Which is why I provided a source for the definition I used. The “generally understood” definition may be generally understood to you, but you saying that doesn’t make it true and does not disprove my point. Either way, I’ve said my piece, and you’re now 1% closer to getting your mod position back. Hooray!
Archonix
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -
Heart Gem -

Retired Ass
@Background Pony #715E  
I’l just add “can’t read what’s right on font of him” to your mod notes when that happens in ten thousand years, after they’ve thawed me out and fixed me and I’m able to take the position back. Twit.
Background Pony #715E
@Archonix  
I’ve always had a poor attitude toward people doing mental gymnastics to ignore things I’ve said and resort to petty insults, but you don’t see me name-calling.
Archonix
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -
Heart Gem -

Retired Ass
@Background Pony #715E  
Your entire premise was that words = violence. My entire premise is that “words = violence” is the same dumbfuck idea as “aryanne = literally killing people” or “pictures = the real thing”.

I apologise for the insult. It was uncalled for.
Background Pony #715E
@Background Pony #715E
Your entire premise was that words = violence. My entire premise is that “words = violence” is the same dumbfuck idea as “aryanne = literally killing people” or “pictures = the real thing”.
I apologise for the insult. It was uncalled for.

This is incorrect. My premise was that he threatened violence, and I quoted his statement several times while being quite clear about that, as well as what counted as violence. Your premise was fighting a strawman, and then still losing.

That’s pretty sad.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thank you all for your feedback