Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony Number 17 in topic Downvoting/hiding feedback

Background Pony Number 17
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I don't think the downvote system was being abused as much as the mods claim. If people were mass-downvoting all of an artist's work or all of a given theme, that's still valid criticism. For example, there are pics of some OCs that I routinely downvote simply because I think they're offensive. Just telling me to hide them is no answer; I want people to KNOW that some folks find these characters offensive.

Hiding should be a last resort on a booru. The whole point of the booru is to bring people together to share images and opinions on them. If everyone just hides what they disagree with, then there's no longer a community, just individuals browsing for what they personally like.
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony Number 17
Background Pony Number 17
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I don't think the downvote system was being abused as much as the mods claim. If people were mass-downvoting all of an artist's work or all of a given theme, that's still valid criticism. For example, there are pics of some OCs that I routinely downvote simply because I think they're offensive. Just telling me to hide them is no answer; I want people to KNOW that some folks find these characters offensive.

Hiding should be a last resort on a booru. The whole point of the booru is to bring people together to share images and opnions on them. If everyone just hides what they disagree with, then there's no longer a community, just individuals browsing for what they personally like.
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony Number 17