Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

byte[]
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #2A5F
For a browser, this is fairly straightfoward with an open websocket (something philomena can easily support).

The logistics change for mobile devices, though, as delivering messages to them generally requires integration with Firebase (the only provider that can do this, as far as I know).

As convenient as it might make things, I also have an internal resistance to developing features that make this site more addicting to use, and push notifications would probably be one of those things. Additionally, considering how underdeveloped notifications are in general here, it might not be the best idea to add them right now.
Background Pony #2C2F
Can there please be a new tab here called "Custom" where you can add your own tags to quickly add to the image? I love this feature, but most of the tags here (especially the episode ones) aren't really used as much now, so a way to add your own personally used tags would be nice.
Background Pony #8601
Ability to edit PMs just like with forum posts and comments? I've had way too many embarrassing situations where either I somehow type a image code wrong, do an horrible grammatical error or simply the message gets double (And even triple) posted.
Posted Report
Sff
Inspiration Manifestation - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Bit -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Happy Derpy! -

What does it mean?!?
@TexasUberAlles
I'm assuming just like with comments and forum posts, edit history would be public, so shouldn't really be something that encourages shittiness in pm's more than now.
Posted Report
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

I dunno if Derpi changed something or if Firefox's latest bullshit-UI-change-for-absolutely-no-reason has changed how the site appears, but the "☐Anonymous" option is way too close to the [Post] button now.
Background Pony #84AC
I suggest the ability to hide a full page of posts you do not want to see with one widget. This makes it so I do not see them again when browsing for different posts.
Background Pony #0F89
Tags that represent facts about posts should become automated. For example, high res and absurd res have a pure pixel-count criteria; file formats like gif, non-animated gif (and animated itself) are exposed through MIME types and duration (since "animated" is present in the API but not exposed as a searchable field from what I can tell.)

These traits are tagged AFAIK because they didn't used to be searchable, but have since been added — and remain in use for the sake of people who aren't so search-savvy and for ease of use in filters.

It'd also be neat if sound and no sound could be automated for WEBMs — though it'd need to check not only whether the file has an audio component, but also if a file has an audio component that's silent all the way through.

@Heckfy Improver
That's the sort of thing to discuss in the tagging forum — and, for characters with widely popular alternate names (bon bon/sweetie drops is another example) the names imply each other, rather than being aliased, so both names are present in the tags.
Wiimeiser
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

(Foil Hat)
Images removed due to anti-nazi DNP should not appear anywhere on the site except to moderators. Currently they appear in tag history, I believe they should only appear to staff in these few locations. Note that this only applies to anti-nazi DNP requests, which is any artist who issued a full takedown request and all their art removed starting from Dilarius.
The Smiling Pony
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes

Manually Breathing
@Wiimeiser
Deleted images appearing as "entries" for things like tag changes, duplicate reports, user's report queue, and a few other places has been a thing for years, regardless of the reason for deletion.

Or are you saying that the images themselves are accessible?
Wiimeiser
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

(Foil Hat)
@The Smiling Pony
The images themselves are still deleted (In fact, of all the artist tags that would be affected by this change, only two are visible to me as far as I'm aware). I'm just saying these images in particular shouldn't be visible, at least not in tag/source changes and other public places, given that these users wish to not be associated with the site in any way due to last year's drama.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~