Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
As someone else actively involved in the conversation on IRC who is trying to stay a little more reasoned: The consensus is “it’s possible to achieve the original goal without making these other things worse.”

And the original goal was just to put the username above the description. So we’re trying to make suggestions to achieve that, and only that, without impacting anything else. The weird thing with the icons was a temporary thing, the production server is the testing server etc.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Tag-Bot
@Background Pony #9324  
To make uploader information less prominent.

Apparently so there would be less concern from people trying to “grab uploader credit”.

Personally not thinking that will work myself. But the proof of that only comes with time.
Moonatik
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For exemplary work, above and beyond the call, helping to sort out artist tags and aliases.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Da Magicks! - Merited Fine Arts badge with only their own art
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

drank the gender fluid
Suggestion for future changes:  
Could you give a warning, like a day or two in advance before any changes to the site are made? So that the appropriate feedback can be given before any daft changes are made? Thank you.
BigBuggyBastage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Go fsck yourself
Nopony is mentioning the double view and download buttons…
full

Yes, this is making the site experience on a small laptop screen even worse than it is/was, or at least more confusing. :(

I’m not sure if I’m alone in this, but I surely do not need more ‘stuff’ at the top of each image page. Don’t get me wrong: I hate the trend of most sites toward “big-dumb-flat” UIs, but obviously a button for every possible function is irritating, as well. If anything, the Random, Galleries, and Related buttons can go away, IMO, as I never use them, and the latter two take up more space than any others. Would be nice to be able to customize the UI for image pages, in a simple manner.
WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention

Tag horse
@BigBuggyBastage  
They’re fixing it right now, as in right this second, that is not staying that way at all. It’ll look a lot more like it used to if the screencaps I’ve seen of the WIP are to be believed.

Right now, all they’re doing is cleaning up the mess that was made of that bar when they edited the description area. The description is going to stay the way it looks right now for the time being; there are a couple minor issues they’re coming back to but the bar at the top is obviously a priority.
Tide Hunter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Tag the genders
Moving the uploader information to the description feels like it’s completely pointless. It’s like if you constantly put cheese on top of the meat, and suddenly someone decided to force the cheese to be below it. It’s irritating because it’s a change, but it’s also completely pointless either way.
Jarkes
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Haven’t you guys tried to do this particular change before? And rolled it back after it was unpopular…
hawthornbunny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

I’m not very fond of the moved information either, it doesn’t feel quite right to me.

I think the thing is, both of those pieces of information (uploader name and date uploaded) are useful to know before the image has loaded. They set expectations about what is to come. The uploader badges add to the effect, creating a pleasant sense of anticipation on an image that you haven’t seen yet. It’s a nice feeling. The new version just gives you a mystifying bar of stuff, which doesn’t feel as friendly.

Also, purely from a vanity perspective, I like seeing my name up there. :)
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
Rule of thumb: changes always have some point to them, even if you personally can’t see it (or disagree with it), and “I don’t like it being different” is not a valid downside.

Now, reason for uploader credit change was twofold:  
1 De-emphasize uploader as it can create ego problems between uploaders, other uploaders, and artists.  
2 Move information into better groupings, one area above the image for image about the image itself and one area below about the upload of it (a name, a time, a description)

The metabar up top had an unfortunate sizing issue. Long-term, I’d like to kill off having doubled buttons and have a clientside (as in in your browser) setting determining which type of filename they go to. For now, the solution has resulted in taking advantage of wrapping behavior to allow that area to naturally split into up to three sections, making a smooth transition to lower widths and providing some extra grouping.

As for VS and DS disappearing even after the grouping solution, that’s because they tell you no info other than “S” not conveyed by the repeated icons and previous names. This also allows for more consistent HTML between mobile and desktop, since we no longer have to have the buttons repeated.

@The Luna Fan  
Yes, this is a known bug I need to figure out the cause of.
Jarkes
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Princess Luna

On the other hand, with uploaders who are known to upload stuff purely to start shit, it’s handy to know at the top that it’s them, so you can go, “Oh, it’s one of their posts, not gonna bother” and move on.
The Luna Fan
The Luna Fan - For Patreon supporters
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

At The Edge Of The Rules
@Jarkes  
Well, to this point of the discussion is kinda obvious that the mods are not going to change what they made, so I think the best option is to made the changes only for your pc, if it’s chrome here is who it goes:  
@ZippySqrl  
`// ==UserScript==
// @name BackUpYouGo
// @version 0.1
// @description move the thing
// @author ZippySqrl
// @match https://derpibooru.org/*
// @match https://trixiebooru.org/*
// @run-at document-end
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==
(function() {
‘use strict’;
var a = document.getElementsByClassName(“block__header center–layout”)[0];
var b = document.getElementsByClassName(“flex flex–wrap block__header block__header–sub”)[0];
a.parentNode.insertBefore\(b, a\);
})();`
5 second (cheap) fix, for chrome anyway.
@The Luna Fan
Add TamperMonkey extension to chrome and go to it’s dashboard, new userscript (Box with a plus sign in it). paste and save, that’s it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide