Pro-free speech on the site but IRL against nazis

Frosku
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Vox Exercitus
@Background Pony #B69E  
Absolutely, I think you can oppose a Marxist organization and support the right of black people to live free and without fear of physical harm. I think the vast majority of people do support that right, which is why opposition to BLM isn’t typically phrased as “black lives don’t matter” – that just isn’t a position that many people hold.
Nonymous
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

You fucked up, TSP.
Unless by “IRL against nazis” you mean “a member of antifa that attacks anyone a mob calls a nazi”, I think 99% of the people for free speech are what you hope they are.
vit
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The End wasn't The End - For those that found a new home

One does not have to be “pro-free speech” (as defined on this site) and not ban Nazi content. Arguably, tolerating such hate speech content suppresses the free speech of people who would be the traditional targets of said hate speech. In other words, I’m pro free speech but not an absolutist about it.

And of course I am against Nazis IRL.
Frosku
Artist -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Vox Exercitus
@vit  
That’s one of the most orwellian things I’ve heard today. The idea that a person speaking stops you from speaking and therefore we need to ban speech to be pro-speech is patently wrong.
NamelessNP
Glim Glam - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Ruby -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Starlight and Sunny Fan
@Coco

Every creator has their own personal reasons for creating something. Some may do it just to make money, some may do it for the challenge of working with a subject they’re uncomfortable with, or any other of countless reasons. I don’t have a right to make assumptions and jump to conclusions.
aperture_tech
Duck - Quacking with portals.

lol
Truth is, most people are on board with you, OP. Even the SPLC and ADL begrudgingly admit that it is not a widespread ideology in the United States. Considering this was never a massive fandom, and we left the peak behind a while ago, any potential overlap is so statistically negligible that it does not even matter. Honestly, for all the people trying to cross over politics and ponies in any way consistently, why are you still in the fandom? Trying to even mash the two together in any meaningful way is beyond ridiculous, considering they literally live in a magical cartoon world. Please note, I am not calling for these pictures to stop, I am calling for people attempting to attach an art piece involving ponies to any real world political meaning to cut it out.  
That’s not to say that MLP, or any other work of fiction have nothing meaningful to bridge into the real world. There’s plenty of fictional works that deal with the matter of political lessons to impart on the real world. MLP is not one of those shows. Attempting to connect politics to MLP is an insult to the intellect of anyone who can separate reality from fiction. I don’t know how many of you were around when the whole Derpy name fiasco went on. I actually find it quite ironic that the so-called anti-nazi art pack uses Derpy as the mascot, because the fact that the official Hasbro name is now either “Muffins” or “Bubbles” is a direct result of a small group of people calling for censorship under the guise of stopping ableism.  
Many of these controversies about works of art being censored usually boils down to one thing: calling to ban things you personally dislike. I saw it attempted with video games. I personally saw it when my Catholic elementary school banned the Golden Compass and Harry Potter from being read in school. I’ve seen the same thing happen in the fandom before. The world as a whole has seen things like this countless times throughout history. When I see things I disagree with, I would rather come face to face with them, simply because it sharpens my worldview. People have been saying that OCs like Aryanne, or even a swastika makes nazism attractive. That is an incredibly reductive way to put it. If seeing a cute pony and a swastika is enough to make anyone consider nazism a valid political view to hold, then that person should read up on what the nazis actually did.  
A big part of nazism, or any kind of fascism relies on projection of power. Whenever we talk about banning nazism, that gives more power to the projection. When we give artists the ability to produce what they want, we defy fascism, and give way to freedom.  
At the end of the day, if something is so disagreeable to you on the site, you should just filter it. I would rather govern my own content than have somebody else do it for me.
Handsome_Jew
Artist -

Use rainbooru.org
My name isn’t ironic or hateful or whatever. I’m a Jew. Nazis disgust me, but they’re tiny in number and impotent in will. What scares me is the modern breed of fascism that is trying to take over the world in a coup - banning dissent and restricting freedoms of anyone not on that tyrannical side, while pretending to continue the fight against Nazis and racists who are long dead.

It is a sad, sad irony that these people who think they’re “fighting nazis” don’t realize that they are the nazis of the modern day.
Background Pony #B69E
@Handsome_Jew

When you say they’re long dead, it’s like you’re downplaying the real danger of the modern-day alt-right. Aren’t they quite literally “the nazis of the modern day?” Since, y’know, they literally want an ethnostate and all?
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.

@Background Pony #B69E  
After “tiki torch” fiasko? You wish.

Since, y’know, they literally want an ethnostate and all?

There are still many “realtively monoracial” countries around the world.  
I myself life in a country that is like 95%+ white.  
It ANNOYS me greatly when people try to turn my country into “evil land” because “it is not sufficiently diverse”.  
(this is more for the european part of the internet)
Background Pony #B69E
@Armagedonus

That’s not what I’m saying.

It’s about wanting to specifically construct laws to regulate what races are and aren’t allowed there.

That’s what the alt-right wants, and if you don’t want that, you’re not one of them.

If you are fine with nonwhite people immigrating (legally of course), and think that race does not matter as far as who’s allowed to live there, then you’re not who I’m talking about.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.

It’s about wanting to specifically construct laws to regulate what races are and aren’t allowed there.

And again what is wrong with controlling your immigration?  
Are you telling me we need to “allow everybody” because of “muh racism”?  
If certain “quality control” will result in barring certain races from “going in”, like “only high iq people” will result in barring people from 3rd world, then said thing is evil?

and think that race does not matter as far as who’s allowed

Race ALWAYS matter.  
It does not matter if it is “arabs go to white countries” or “blacks go to asian countries” or “whites go to central africa” there will be ALWAYS racial tensions.  
People believe that racism stems from “racial superiority” bullshit, but “immigrant racism” stems from power struggles, especially since we live in democratic countries and immigrants ALWAYS vote pro-immigration parties regardles of their own beliefs.  
Even immigration of people of the same race creates bigotry - look how polish people bitch about ukraians refugees that ran away after russia attacked crimea.  
I am not 100% sure how it works for USA, so you can take what I write with a grain of salt.
Background Pony #B69E
@Armagedonus

I’m not asking about other factors. Please don’t dodge the question. Should race itself be a reason to ban people from entry, ever? I’m not talking about aptitude or employment or wealth or any other factors.

Is it ever okay to simply go, “You’re white/black/Asian/whatever, ergo you can’t come in for that reason.”

I’m not saying “allow everybody in,” don’t strawman me. I’m saying that race should not be considered when it comes to who is allowed in.

Do you agree with that or not?
Frosku
Artist -

Vox Exercitus
@Armagedonus  
Brexit is a good example, Britain literally voted to reduce immigration from all the whitest countries on the planet, still got called ‘rayciss’ for it.
Background Pony #D2C4
@Armagedonus

The true colors of the “””“free speech”””” side are clear now. Since the things are now settled we are starting to see more and more comments like that. Partisan ones. The generic alt-right points.  
What is next? Trans are mentally ill? Being gay is just a paraphilia? The bell curve is a thing?  
MUH FREE SPEECH i have the right to insult people you don’t have the right to feel offended?  
As I’ve always said. Free speech absolutism is only an excuse to avoid the “your freedom ends when someone else freedom starts” principle. Is authoritarianism in disguise. The mob mentality should never force their opinions in someone else private space, like this site is. And this whole debate should have never been a left vs right one.
Background Pony #B69E
@Frosku

I’m asking this in good faith, but… why did you spell racist as “rayciss?” Surely there’s a reason.

Anyway, the reason is that some of the people adamantly promoting Brexit were far-right white nationalist types who wanted to leave the EU on the conceit that they’d have less brown people immigrating. The accusations of racism didn’t come from nothing. Certainly the reasons for Brexit were many and complicated, and I’m not saying all leavers were motivated by “ethnic purity,” but a rather vocal contingent of them were.

I suppose when Brexit actually happens, we’ll see how influential those types of supporters’ ideals are on immigration policy. My hope is not at all.
Background Pony #3D53
@Background Pony #D2C4  
A lot of the narrative against brexit was that it eased the access of immigrants from eastern europe in with less regulation (which is technically true, but they weren’t part of the schengen area.) and thus letting a ton of illegal immigrants in (when most of the eastern europe immigrants are legal workers, but that’s neither here nor there.)

The irony being, a lot of idiotic brexiters thought that concerned ALL immigration, a.k.a middle eastern/pakistanis, when THOSE wouldn’t be impacted by the brexit at all due to pakistan being an old colony.  
Remember this is the same people who believed a bus lie and then pretended said bus never existed.

Oh and add someone to the “this rule is retarded, but I still hate nazis and commies and I know my WW history, oh and I still think we should do some compromise about comment or a disclaimer but literally no one on the moderation even thought of doing that.”  
Edit:  
@Background Pony #D2C4  
“This random guy speak for the entire side”  
Fuck off with that twitter tier rethoric please.  
The mob mentality should never force their opinions in someone else private space

But thats how this thing started.
Background Pony #D2C4
@Background Pony #D2C4
A lot of the narrative against brexit was that it eased the access of immigrants from eastern europe in with less regulation (which is technically true, but they weren’t part of the schengen area.) and thus letting a ton of illegal immigrants in (when most of the eastern europe immigrants are legal workers, but that’s neither here nor there.)

In no time you’ll find someone who will say that eastern europe people are not white, but slavs. I’ve read by alt-righters that even italians are not white….  
Because you know whiteness, as race in general, is such a solid thing that changes everytime it has to fit someone’s racist rhetoric.
Background Pony #D2C4
@NamelessNP  
At first i was with you:“I should not generalize”. But those types of comments are getting more common now. This free speech debate IS a pipeline to normalize certain political views here.
Background Pony #D2C4
The mob mentality should never force their opinions in someone else private space
But thats how this thing started.

So? If you invite someone in your house you are not free to tell them “avoid nazi shit” because “free speech”? these people are free to go somewhere else, but if they scream for their right in my house to wear nazi shirts, and i’m forced to let them do it, they have actually forced something to someone else. They are the authoritarian one.

Fuck off with that twitter tier rethoric please

No, is my opinion. My free speech.
Background Pony #3D53
@Background Pony #D2C4  
You say that like only the alt right pull that trick, Latinos in americas are white or not depending on the narrative, and you see people pretend they are indian when they have a great great indian relative despite being white as hell.

also you are heavily deviating the subject.  
Edit:  
So? If you invite someone in your house you are not free to tell them “avoid nazi shit” because “free speech”? these people are free to go somewhere else, but if they scream for their right in my house to wear nazi shirts, and i’m forced to let them do it, they have actually forced something to someone else. They are the authoritarian one.

This whole debate started because they caved in to “mob mentality” of the media in a peer pressured article, even though said article ignored their answers and was a hit piece from the get go. They CAVED to a loud minority to change the rules when literaly no noise was made before this. And you know it.

AND LEARN TO EDIT YOUR POSTS.
Background Pony #D2C4
@Background Pony #D2C4
You say that like only the alt right pull that trick, Latinos in americas are white or not depending on the narrative, and you see people pretend they are indian when they have a great great indian relative despite being white as hell.
also you are heavily deviating the subject;

Ergo?
Background Pony #D2C4
@Background Pony #D2C4
also you are heavily deviating the subject.
Edit:
This whole debate started because they caved in to “mob mentality” of the media in a peer pressured article, even though said article ignored their answers and was a hit piece from the get go. They CAVED to a loud minority to change the rules when literaly no noise was made before this. And you know it.
AND LEARN TO EDIT YOUR POSTS.

Man you’ve just done at least 3 different edits when you’ve already had your reply. Don’t scholarize people on the same things you are not good at, please.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide