Report site bugs here

Starry Mind
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Take pride. 🌈
The new update causes a minor textual bug on mobile devices.

When tag and/or source changes are added, the extra characters that display the numbers of changes force the words onto two lines.

Previously:  
%
[Edit Tags or Source] [Tag changes] [Source changes]
%  
Now:  
%
[Edit Tags or Source] [Tag changes (10)]
% ^
[Source changes (1)]
^

Also, check this message’s editing history to see what happens when I do this:  
%
DON’T
TYPE
ON
SEPARATE
LINES
WHEN
YOU
WRAP
A
“[bq][/bq]”
WITH
“~“s
OR
“^”s
BECAUSE
IT
MERGES
THE
LINES
INTO
ONE
LINE
%
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
The new tag and source change counts on the buttons are cool, now I don’t need to click the buttons anymore to see if the tags have been edited. Unfortunately, there’s a tiny bug: it seems the initial source (the one you set when you upload, even if it’s empty) is counted as a change, but the initial tags are not counted as changes. If you upload an image, the tag changes sits at zero but source changes is already at 1.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Starry Mind  
To be expected, I’m working right now on an update for the UI that’ll make things more compact (by moving the edit button out of the tab entirely).

@JP  
Not a huge deal, and it’s actually always been like that (first source addition counts as a change). One day, we’ll make tag changes consistent with it.  
EDIT: However, the history buttons aren’t supposed to show for 0 tag changes or 0/1 source changes. Fixed now.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@Princess Luna  
Okay. But I admit that logic (creating something also counts as changing it) feels quite weird to me. It already bit me: while browsing around I got really confused as why every image said their source had already been changed, but clicking the button did not list any actual changes, only the initial source.
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@JP  
The logic for that area was a bit off due to some incorrect assumptions, I’ve touched it up so history buttons only show up when relevant as intended.
Galestorm
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
Username Verspis is spamming pics of ded people.

update:pics are now gone but sadly, not whatever was seen before removal.
Galestorm
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

Monocle Gentlesir
@silverfishv9  
God knows. although a few of them were tagged with “twilight sparkle” along with a very long tl;dr description but as it was too long & I didn’t read it, I dunno.
Background Pony #6B5F
Listen you guys, if this happens again, click the comment button on the thimbnail. It’ll make reporting quicker and easier. And as for the guy, do not talk to him. He’s a loose cannon and just needs to be removed from the site. The site sraff have been trying to do something about this individual and his harmful antics to the site and its users.
patec
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Background Pony #D5F2  
to be honest getting dozens of reports within a few minutes doesn’t help much in these cases.  
Reports have to be noticed still and that can take a while.

What works much better is a ping ’@Staff’ or ’@Site Moderators’ over at our Discord server. There’s pretty much always some staff members with deletion permissions online and getting their attention quick is the best solution for this sort of stuff.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

It’s not a bug, but this is where the devs show up to talk about how the sausage gets made; most of the time, center clicking on a page link in the Notifications just opens the page in a new tab as intended, but sometimes it opens in a new tab and also this happens:  
full  
Does anyone have any idea why? It does it in Firefox Quantum on both Win7 and High Sierra so it’s not OS specific, and it only happens temporarily with no obvious-to-the-end-user cause. If it’s something reproducible I’d like to know so I could keep it, it’s a useful placeholder when checking a page full of replies.
DJDavid98
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

Disy
@TexasUberAlles  
If that’s what I think it is then it’s a focus indicator, if you click something else on the page it will disappear or move to whatever link you click next. It should appear when you tab through links as well.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@DJDavid98  
That’s definitely what it is, but it’s not a constant thing; it only happens every now and then-usually several weeks apart- and lasts for a couple of days to a week before going away again. I used to think it was somehow an indicator that Firefox had an update ready which I hadn’t downloaded yet– since that was the only constant I could see in its appearance– but for the last three times it’s appeared there hasn’t been any update available.

This is also the only site I see it happening on, so it’s something in Derpi’s code that’s tripping it.
Background Pony #2F71
There seems to be an issue in regards with uploading images here from Furaffinity, specifically ones that are in PNG format, such as this image (NSFW for nudity)

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/28102558/

When I open the file on Furaffinity, I get a PNG:

https://d.facdn.net/art/xwhitedreamsx/1532465511/1532465511.xwhitedreamsx_3peridot_pendant_ych_by_whitedreams.png

However, when it’s uploaded to here through either fetching the link or with a downloaded image, it automatically becomes JPG. As to why that happens with Furaffinity, I’m not sure.

How the uploader of that image managed to get it in PNG, I’m not sure, but that has been an issue with other images when uploading them from Furaffinity.
Yoshimon1
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
it automatically becomes JPG

Not a bug, but a feature. Of Furaffinity.  
That picture actually IS a (converted) jpeg, not a png. Looking at the first line of the file gives you:  
ÿØÿà JFIF    ÿþ ;CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 90

Also, to quote e621’s very useful source guide:  
Fur Affinity has a resolution limit of 1280px at inital upload only. Higher resolution art is automatically downscaled and converted to a 90 quality JPEG, even if the downloaded file is a PNG. Submitter has to reupload their submission for it to show up in its original size

No idea why they thought that was a good idea. At least resize it as the same file type…

How the uploader of that image managed to get it in PNG, I’m not sure

With the amount of jpeg artifacts in that picture, I’d say it’s the same file and was just re-saved as a png in Paint or wherever.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide