Tagging "out of context" as suggestive.

Site and Policy » Tagging "out of context" as suggestive. Search Posts
barbeque
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

Since I totally not follow that tag (ok maybe I do), imo an image like @Grieffon linked is fine as safe  
||(incidentally the out-of-contextness of such pics stopped being funny ages ago, but whatever. needs more Twi selfcest (S2 finale) and flashback potion, and less ‘oh I just blinked’)||

On the other hand I agree that something needs to be done about it (see pretty much any out of context pic from the season 4 premiere, for example; many of those should be suggestive, or ar least definitely not safe). The problem stems (I think) from the fact that the show is generally considered safe, and therefore people are assuming that any screencap directly from it will be safe as well.
Solitude
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Element of Generosity -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@barbeque  
Here’s what I don’t get: the show is safe, screencaps should by definition also be safe, and then we add the tag just so we can pretend otherwise. This is me being annoyed, though. Ignore at your leisure.

I agree with OP, though. Take >>521464. I see an adorable AJ face. Comments, not so much. Or >>522526, which is an edit and given the implication shouldn’t that have been tagged suggestive from the start? It’s hard to tell at times.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Unedited screencaps are always safe, no matter what. If they’ve been edited in any way or made to loop in just the right, sure, whatever.

Suggestive is meant to be a rating tag people can use to filter out anything “too hot” for the show.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Let’s start from the top:

• out of context does not neccessarily mean in a sexually suggestive manner. You can make a joke out of showing only a part of a scene that imply something other than sexual.  
  • ‘innocently’ suggestive screencaps: kissing, bedroom eyes/winking and such rate Safe on the scale.  
  • very lucky stills; sometimes events copnspire that you can freeze the vid at a moment where everything is given, by accident, to create an unintended implication.

However! I’d say that even in these images, the viewer has to go the extra mile and ASSUME the image to be unsafe. A child or someone innocent will not see anything in these pics other than a frozen cap from the regular show.

You can of course try to create the same illusion by editing out some of the picture to only show part of it (cut off the left half to make AJ’s hoof look like…something else, for example - and personally, THIS is where I’d draw the line. As long as the pic is directly from the show there is no reason NOT to consider it safe, even if you caught an unlucky moment.

As soon as the user zoomed in on something, added text, changed the animation though, it’s a different story and most of those will probably be Suggestive instead.

Obviously,  
  • text edit with unsafe dialouge  
    or  
  • ‘loop’ animation edit to back-and-forth motion  
    (typical)  
    are always unsafe. (Suggestive)

Comments are a different problem, namely: if the intended purpose of a tag is to allow users to make unsafe jokes about safe images; how do you reconcile that with the rule that comments should not normally exceed the image’s safeness rating?
Solitude
Element of Generosity -

if the intended purpose of a tag is to allow users to make unsafe jokes about safe images; how do you reconcile that with the rule that comments should not normally exceed the image’s safeness rating?

I don’t think you can, unless perhaps you’re really creative with wording. And even then you probably shoudn’t.
Background Pony #534E
You can’t tag it suggestive. You can’t make suggestive comments either. You can’t do anything.  
What to do, upload same image, but with macro with “explain the joke”-style suggestive text before commenting? -_-
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

On this topic though: there really should exist some sort of tag for images like >>544164 this, when a forward and backward motion is edited to loop because then LOLOLOLOL it looks just like secks.

Most of the time those images aren’t even tagged “edit” or anything, but at the same time you can’t call them true “out of context” jokes since quite a lot of effort was put into making it look like that context. Editing, is in this sense, is essentially cheating.
Vree

But do we have a tag for it?

I’d actually remove the “out of context” and add something like “loopsecks”.
barbeque
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@Vree  
keep the out of context imo though, especially if they are only looped (or cropped) in a clever way, but otherwise unedited. how am I supposed to find the actually good out of context’s otherwise?  
but yeah any sort of editing beyond that (reversing or mixing reverse/nonreverse etc) should be an edit,suggestive (or maybe even a higher rating, whatever you see fit)  
but that’s all just my 2 cents.

EDIT: assuming I’m reading TSP’s post correctly, I’m fine with an extra “looped for effect” on the ones straight from the show or something.
Vree

Ok, better plan: if the community is treating them as “out of context” I’ll leave it alone.  
I’d prefer if they were at least tagged “edit” or similar, but then they’d get mixed up with art edits more so, whatever.

(I guess since they all fall under “animated” someone can tag/filter them if they care.)

thx
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide