Crazy Headcanons

SpacePaladin
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Watcher of the Watchmen
@Sjogre

We’ll meet halfway. Pinkie does do the stalker thing but not as often as they think. Pinkie’s harassment of Cranky Doodle is one of those rare times she does, reinforcing their beliefs.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Are we doing depressing-as-balls headcanons now? Ok, I can roll with that.
Rainbow Dash and Trixie both are obsessed with attention and proving how awesome they are, because the only time their parents paid any attention to them was hurl emotional abuse and ridicule.
Similarly Fluttershy developed a shy, meek personality because being as quiet and unobtrusive as possible was the only way to avoid her father’s drunken wrath.

Speaking of Fluttershy, I wrote this whole big backstory about how she comes from a long line of ace-flyers (her great-grandfather on her mother’s side was one of the original Wonderbolts, you know) and how Fluttershy’s mother’s family are racist and nearly disowned her mother for marrying an earth pony. Fortunately, Fluttershy was born a pegasus and all was well…until Fluttershy’s father got eaten by a dragon, causing Fluttershy’s mother to just snap and force Fluttershy into a brutal flying regimen partially because of the mocking laughter of her mother’s family and partially because of a misguided attempt to save Fluttershy from her father’s fate.

This explains why Fluttershy, despite being a self-described bad flyer, can fly just as fast as Rainbow Dash, but only in emergencies. She’s got a major mental block due to her abusive childhood, but if she could get past that block, she could very well be Wonderbolts material.
Sjogre

@SpacePaladin  
Pinkie does the stalker thing when she’s in a good mood. She didn’t stop bothering Cranky until she got depressed, after all, and she was tracking her friends until she thought that they didn’t like her.

So, the residents of Ponyville probably do get stalked on a regular basis, but it’s more Pepe Le Pew than Friday the Thirteenth.
Soufriere

Sunset Shimmer Fan
Most of Ponyville don’t actually like Pinkie. They’re in the throes of Stockholm Syndrome, and react to Pinkie because showcasing their true feelings would get Pinkie to go all stalker on them.

I’ve thought this myself. Maybe I’m just old and cynical, but I don’t see how anyone could really like Pinkie’s behaviour. (granted I know actual children who say Pinkie is their favourite pony, so yeah)

@Sjogre  
Adding to this, Pinkie is completely aware of how most ponies feel about her, which is why she is so frightened of losing her only real friends. Despite what most of the town thinks, when she’s rejected she just sits in her room and has tea parties with imaginary friends before cutting herself as punishment for her failure. The scars blend in with her pink coat.

Eh, I don’t know if I’d go that far.

I think that “Pinkamena” was Pinkie’s default personality and her happy ponysona was meant to counterbalance her crippling depression. Over time, she essentially “became the mask”, and now goes out of her way to avoid reality. Whenever she’s confronted with the truth, she realizes who she really is - a deeply unhappy pony.

Now, why is Pinkie like this?

“Pinkamena Diane Pie” was a supergenius-level intellect who was a pioneer in several fields, including behavioural psychology and, as a hobby, Bizarrontology (a.k.a. Study of the Bizarre/Occult, which is why she knows so much about the creatures and magical items of the Everfree Forest).

Her cutie mark originally had nothing to do with parties; it referred to her ability to elevate Ponykind’s collective knowledge like a helium balloon.

At some point, something happened that led Pinkamena to conclude that everything she’d ever done was completely worthless, and she became suicidally depressed. But instead of killing herself, she essentially hacked her own brain and induced a psychotic break, creating Pinkie Pie.

Over time, “Pinkie” became her “main” personality, with Pinkamena only coming out during times of significant personal trauma/upheaval. When Pinkie is alone, Pinkamena used to come back to the fore, but not as much nowadays because she’s close to ponies who expect to see “Pinkie”.

For what it’s worth, Pinkamena does not particularly like Pinkie, but sees her as a necessary escape.

Having friends like the other Mane 5 would be therapeutic for her, except they don’t realize that “genki” Pinkie is the fake personality. The only thing that will help her is if she lets the mask drop and allow her friends to accept her real self.
SpacePaladin

Watcher of the Watchmen
Most of Ponyville don’t actually like Pinkie. They’re in the throes of Stockholm Syndrome, and react to Pinkie because showcasing their true feelings would get Pinkie to go all stalker on them.
I’ve thought this myself. Maybe I’m just old and cynical, but I don’t see how anyone could really like Pinkie’s behaviour. (granted I know actual children who say Pinkie is their favourite pony, so yeah)

I can see Pinkie’s behaviour being charming if you’re a kid. Unfortunately, most people aren’t.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
As much as I hate “Tyrantlestia,” I believe that she puts her kingdom first and anyone else second. Any attempt at seeming motherly is all a part of her plan.
Background Pony #9DA5
Granny Smith is uncomfortable with the thought of her granddaughters marrying a pegasus or unicorn, but she’d never say anything about it.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Granny Smith is uncomfortable with the thought of her granddaughters marrying a pegasus or unicorn, but she’d never say anything about it.

Well, I am writing a story where Applejack has to figure out how to tell Granny Smith that she’s dating a unicorn, and not just a unicorn, another mare (Rarity). Hoo boy, Granny’s not going to like that…
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

Derpy isn’t actually cross eyed, clumsy or ditzy. She’s actually hyper intelligent, but she is also quite scornful of ponies and puts on her cross eyed ditz act as an act of deliberate mockery that nopony quite gets, which only feeds her superiority complex.

The muffin obsession is all her though, and the only reason she doesn’t release a super virus to kill the world is because she personally cannot bake at all.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
Another theory, that Fluttershy is Rainbow Dash’s stepsister that Rainbow Dad adopted to take care of and to give RD company. Continued from@YetAnotherBrony ‘s theory and “mine”:@SeraphimDawn; Fluttershy’s mother abandoned her and left her in the orphanage, because she believe she was unable meet her family’s insane flying expectations, in favour of her little brother. Worried, her mother though she would fair better in the care of another family.
Soufriere

Sunset Shimmer Fan
@Dr Outback  
I find it kinda hilarious that Petirep’s design of Rainbow Dad is so close to the character’s actual design (except the moustache of course), and he did it over a year before the relevant episode aired.

• Like with human (and horse) races in real life, when Little Ponies of different races mate, the result is a genetic blend, though with Little Ponies naturally one race must manifest over any others. However, the mixed-race offspring is extremely likely to have race-based attributes less powerful than either of its parents (i.e. a filly born of an Earthpony stallion and Pegasus mare that manifests as Earthpony will not be as strong as her father, and of course won’t be able to fly or touch clouds). This perpetuates the preexisting tendency of Ponies to not race-mix, particularly in small towns like Ponyville (where physical prowess matters) or in Canterlot (where the nobility places heavy emphasis on Purity), to say nothing of Cloudsdale (which is the most racist place in Equestria by far). Therefore…

• Twilight Sparkle & Shining Armor are 100% pureblood Unicorn, which is a big reason why they’re so incredibly powerful.  
  • The Apple Family main branch are all pureblood Earthponies and proud of it. (‘Bloom doesn’t care)  
  • Rainbow Dash is pureblood Pegasus, and Firefly is her mother.  
  • Fluttershy is NOT pureblood. Her mother is Posey, an Earthpony, which is why she fails so hard at being a Pegasus. `Shy had a crappy upbringing as a result of her mixed heritage.  
  • Rarity and Sweetie Belle are mostly Unicorn, but have some Earthpony blood in their ancestry.  
  • Pinkie is genetically 1/4 Pegasus due to being the granddaughter of Surprise (a pureblood Pegasus).  
  • Scootaloo is genetically mostly Earthpony but manifested as a Pegasus and was rejected as a result. It’s why she can’t fly.  
  • Trixie is 7/8 Unicorn, 1/8 Earthpony.  
  • Derpy is 1/2 Pegasus, 1/4 Unicorn, and 1/4 Gallifreyan (but not The Doctor). No one knows why.

• Every once in awhile, a mixed-race Pony will have the attributes of their manifested race be as strong as or (more rarely) stronger than those of their pureblooded brethren. Pony biologists believe this is a genetic stopgap to keep manifest powers from deteriorating completely over the generations. Spitfire is a good example of this; she’s a Pegasus with a fair amount of Unicorn blood but is one of the very best flyers around (she keeps her ancestry a secret to avoid banishment from Cloudsdale).

• Natural Alicorns (i.e. not demigoddesses like Celestia & Luna nor “created” like the Twilicorn and possibly Cadance) can exist, by extremely rare genetic fluke. However, they are usually sterile and lack the ridiculous powers. There are thought to be fewer than two dozen in all of Equestria.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
  • Like with human (and horse) races in real life, when Little Ponies of different races mate, the result is a genetic blend, though with Little Ponies naturally one race must manifest over any others. However, the mixed-race offspring is extremely likely to have race-based attributes less powerful than either of its parents (i.e. a filly born of an Earthpony stallion and Pegasus mare that manifests as Earthpony will not be as strong as her father, and of course won’t be able to fly or touch clouds). This perpetuates the preexisting tendency of Ponies to not race-mix, particularly in small towns like Ponyville (where physical prowess matters) or in Canterlot (where the nobility places heavy emphasis on Purity), to say nothing of Cloudsdale (which is the most racist place in Equestria by far). Therefore…
  • Twilight Sparkle & Shining Armor are 100% pureblood Unicorn, which is a big reason why they’re so incredibly powerful.
  • The Apple Family main branch are all pureblood Earthponies and proud of it. (‘Bloom doesn’t care)
  • Rainbow Dash is pureblood Pegasus, and Firefly is her mother.
  • Fluttershy is NOT pureblood. Her mother is Posey, an Earthpony, which is why she fails so hard at being a Pegasus. `Shy had a crappy upbringing as a result of her mixed heritage.
  • Rarity and Sweetie Belle are mostly Unicorn, but have some Earthpony blood in their ancestry.
  • Pinkie is genetically 1/4 Pegasus due to being the granddaughter of Surprise (a pureblood Pegasus).
  • Scootaloo is genetically mostly Earthpony but manifested as a Pegasus and was rejected as a result. It’s why she can’t fly.
  • Trixie is 7/8 Unicorn, 1/8 Earthpony.
  • Derpy is 1/2 Pegasus, 1/4 Unicorn, and 1/4 Gallifreyan (but not The Doctor). No one knows why.
  • Every once in awhile, a mixed-race Pony will have the attributes of their manifested race be as strong as or (more rarely) stronger than those of their pureblooded brethren. Pony biologists believe this is a genetic stopgap to keep manifest powers from deteriorating completely over the generations. Spitfire is a good example of this; she’s a Pegasus with a fair amount of Unicorn blood but is one of the very best flyers around (she keeps her ancestry a secret to avoid banishment from Cloudsdale).
  • Natural Alicorns (i.e. not demigoddesses like Celestia & Luna nor “created” like the Twilicorn and possibly Cadance) can exist, by extremely rare genetic fluke. However, they are usually sterile and lack the ridiculous powers. There are thought to be fewer than two dozen in all of Equestria.

Okay, sounds good, but one question: Why would Spitfire be thrown out of Cloudsdale for being part-unicorn? I honestly don’t think they or the Wonderbolts would give a fuck who your parents were, just as long as you’re a) a Pegasus and b) you’re a good enough flyer that you don’t have to be saved from falling every other day.

I also like your headcanon that Alicorns can be born and not just “made” (Twilight and Cadance), and that they’re incredibly rare, but I also like to think that they’re “jacks-of-all-trades”. And even though fanon likes to state that “Oh, alicorn, gotta be royalty”, this is not true. When an alicorn is born, the community, however, does treat him or her like a small-time celebrity, but only because this sort of thing is so very, very rare. This treatment stops before too long.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide