FiM Remixed Album

Pony Discussion » FiM Remixed Album Search Posts
K_A
Bronze Bit -
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <K_A> Once you go eenahp, you can't go beenahp.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

As recently confirmed, an official album of MLP remixes will be released later this month (23 June). I may take some time off around this time, too. Does anyone wish to engage in a stream of it? I have a physical copy preordered, but it is difficult to say when (or in some cases, even if) it will come that day. Naturally, if it’s on Spotify, the worth of just previewing the album on a stream is signficantly lessened (for Spotify users), yet listening to it as a group and making comments has its own advantages. It may be best to hold the stream as a small last-minute thing, yet if the album is not so widely available at the start, a stream advertised in advance may be very useful.

Let’s also talk about what you’re anticipating from the album, and how it may compare to existing fan music.
Background Pony #D4C9
No.  
I can barely make it through songs in the actual show these days.  
I don’t want to hear “professional” remixes of babby music.
Background Pony #D4C9
@K_A  
Even songs from “the good ol’ days” have worn out their welcome for me… I don’t even know why I liked some of the older songs in the first place. I mean, sure- I guess on a fundamental and technical level they weren’t objectively “bad”, but they’re so totally kids’ show songs. Subjectively, they used to be a guilty pleasure- something I would listen to/not skip over in the episode upon rewatching, never ever playing the music to other people.  
These days? I’m considering waiting until after an episode airs to watch it because I want to be able to skip over the singing.
ArrJaySketch
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

I might be interested, in that it may influence whether or not I buy it. I’m not always terribly keen on remixes.

I suppose when it comes to fan remixes, I tend to throw out most of the songs on any given compilation (like 80% of the album), and keep the rest. I wonder if professionally remixed music will hold up better?
K_A
Bronze Bit -
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <K_A> Once you go eenahp, you can't go beenahp.

For those playing at home, interestingly, the CDBaby store link is now down. I wonder if it was a “leak” (like the infamous S2/S3 iTunes incidents).

Since the CD has yet to come, if anyone actually bought a FLAC copy from there, would they mind running auCDtect on it?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide