Pony Venting Thread

Sadrai

@TheSultanAkbar  
That’s because they mostly had small roles an talk every now an then which is why I never understood how come fans claimed they were so annoying, they did have roles in the buckball episodes which imo is there best episodes for the characters and yeah exactly the whole dumb thing didn’t bother me either since other cartoons have dumb characters an they never bothered me.

Also sorry for the school shooter comparison I did in my argument about I shouldn’t have made an it since it made no sense.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@TheSultanAkbar  
Sure.

A character has to actually express some kind of remorse, want to redeem themselves and be willing to take the steps to do so, which Cozy clearly doesn’t. If a character has tried to destroy the world every time they’ve been left to their own devices, then they obviously can’t be left to their own devices.

Cozy Glow would rather be sent to Tartarus than so much as pretend to be remorseful.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Sadrai  
I mean, they are villains after all so it makes sense why they would get some sort of comeuppance regardless if one’s a child or not.

@Helix988  
Yeah it was pretty bad, with one egregious example being Ahuizotl.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Sadrai  
On one hand, I do get the complaints about them getting stoned without giving them a chance to redeem or give more of a motive for their actions, but on the other hand the fact that it’s been more than a year and people are still up in arms about the whole thing like it’s the worst thing in the history of the planet earth is just dumb and stupid.
Sadrai

@Myoozik  
Yeah I’m just kind of sick of seeing fanart an fans being upset about the what happen some acting like the hero’s are horrible beings for what they did.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Sadrai  
Yeah, what else were they supposed to do, let them run off scott-free so they can enact their revenge again when very likely they would refuse to be redeemed when given the offer?
Sadrai

@Myoozik  
Right? They seemed to loath friendship and barely even liked each other so I really didn’t see friendship as a option for them and I bet even if they didn’t stone them, they would be sent straight to Tartaros for life.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@AC97
Unrelated, but I love that little pose that Spike has in the image

Indeed.

@Myoozik

Yeah it was pretty bad, with one egregious example being Ahuizotl.

That entire episode was… kind of a giant plot hole from the moment they acted like it was a big deal that Daring Do wasn’t known to be a real pony to Equestria (she was; Fame and Misfortune made that the case), even aside from the… retcon. And coincidentally, I noticed Ahuizotl was not actually seen on any of The Last Problem’s wallpapers during the last song, nor was Caballeron seen in that episode, yet Daring Do was seen at the ceremony (as A.K. Yearling) and on the wallpaper (as Daring Do).

I’ll admit that I really wanted irredeemable villains towards the end, as part of the bias, and it’s true in general that Twilight doesn’t really seek to reform villains as a first resort, unless there’s an obvious path to it that she can see.

Cozy Glow was kind of the flipside of Stygian, because she 100% betrayed her “friends,” and didn’t see herself as helping anyone.

Cozy didn’t really seem to be fazed by being thrown in Tartarus, didn’t really seem heartbroken to me, seemed chipper as ever.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Sadrai  
Which I don’t know if it was a better or worse fate than the stoning

@AC97  
I’ll admit that I really wanted irredeemable villains towards the end, as part of the bias, and it’s true in general that Twilight doesn’t really seek to reform villains as a first resort, unless there’s an obvious path to it that she can see.

To name the most famous example, Starlight Glimmer. She provided a motive behind her descent to villainy (even if admittedly it was a poorly thought out one) and Twilight saw something in it that encouraged her to extend the olive branch out to her. Since the three villains have arguably done far worse and again, they didn’t feel like providing any motives as to why they were evil, I don’t see why Twilight or the other two Princesses would give them the benefit of a doubt.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

To name the most famous example, Starlight Glimmer. She provided a motive behind her descent to villainy (even if admittedly it was a poorly thought out one) and Twilight saw something in it that encouraged her to extend the olive branch out to her. Since the three villains have arguably done far worse and again, they didn’t feel like providing any motives as to why they were evil, I don’t see why Twilight or the other two Princesses would give them the benefit of a doubt.

Yeah, pretty much. Starlight showed her emotional vulnerabilities she could work with, she had a bit of sympathy evident in the S5 premiere. Cozy… didn’t really give her anything to work with. She just gloated in her face when she wanted to understand her.

I’d also point out that Twilight simply wasn’t there for that one bait-and-switch scene in Frenemies. Maybe she’d decide Cozy and Tirek showing fear in the face of defeat is more to work with than Chrysalis showing sheer hate down the line (she’s if anything probably less redeemable than the other two, because her thought process is less rational), but still, they just tried to kill her and her friends right after threatening to rip off her little brother’s wings, none of them objecting, aside from them callously nuking the castle just for intimidation (which even Sombra didn’t do).

Maybe they should’ve sentenced Discord to go without magic for a while, like say, have him have no magic in The Last Problem pre-time skip, and him have it again in the epilogue portion, for one bit of the flak it caught.
Sadrai

@AC97  
Yeah the legion seem merciless I never saw any good in them the closest was the frenemies but they brushed it off which is probably why twilight didn’t try to redeem them.

Also I agree about Discord I love the dude but he did deserve a punishment and that no magic idea you said sounds like the best punishment so far that isn’t just stone him again like so many suggested.
TheSultanAkbar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Myoozik  
I was ok with the Daring Do episode. Seems the writers were just trying to tie up loose ends. I mean, it would be weird to have a giant blue god like creature still active with no motives at the end of the show, right?

@Kiryu-Chan  
What’s wrong with the bros? They’re fun and they have good songs. And Yak will smash for that comment!

I think the problem here is that we simply can’t come to a decision on how many villains should be reformed vs nuked since it’s a stupid discussion to begin with. The antagonist of a story should have a background, some kind of motive to commit acts against our hero or whomever. Which is why I accepted all the reformations and thought the “no true evil” complaints were inane since it seems to me they are demanding they add a one dimentional villain purely to be destroyed, that’s just… boring and nonsensical given the idealistic nature of the show.

Like, you turned the trio to stone but we don’t know who they are or what their history is. There is Fiendship #2 for Tirek but the writers of the show seemed hell bent to ignore the comics in any way.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I@TheSultanAkbar  
Always thought they were incredibly lame and their songs were dumb, and I really hated how they constantly brought them back when much better characters were lucky to just get one more appearance. Likewise, the Yaks were just loud and obnoxious idiots
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide