Season 6 Episode Discussion [Speculation/Theories/Beware of Spoilers]

Background Pony #4E0D
@gingerninja666

The fact that ponies came to see her show doesn’t really mean anything. Without the help of starlight, the show would have been just meh. Trixie would never be able to pull off an amazing show without “real magic”.

The first episode she was in had her impressing the crowd with actual magic, which contradicts this episode where she’s basically inept with it.
Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Go Watch Helluva Boss
…I don’t follow. What’s everyone being pissy about exactly?

That Trixie doesn’t have the magic to perform? What?

full
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
@Background Pony #F14E

How do YOU know it would’ve been meh. She just wouldn’t have been able to do that one trick.

Also, at no point did this episode show that Trixie couldn’t do actual magic. She never even tried any because her speciality is trickery and illusion. Her unicorn magic helps her do stage magic. That’s how her powers work.
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
@Tragiclady

I can’t be that arrogant. Who am I to think I’m better than everyone else.

A crushing lack of self esteem I have. As I said, sometimes I feel bad for enjoying an episode because so many hate it.
Background Pony #4E0D
@gingerninja666

The episode flat out says she can’t do real magic.

If I had the choice between going to a fake or real magic show, I would pick the real one in a second. Sure slight of hand is cool, and takes skill/talent, but still.
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
@Background Pony #F14E

You don’t live in a world where magic is something every 3rd person in the world can do and it’s been around for millenia. Maybe they appreciate sleight of hand and razzle dazzle more than you’d think because they’re accustomed to seeing magic as a tool.
Background Pony #4E0D
@dynamicv

From boast busters:

“Dear Celestia, today I learned that I’m the most amazing unicorn in existence, and all other unicorns suck butt, especially Trixie.

Seriously though, most unicorns can still do magic, even if it isn’t a whole lot.
EHAN
Thread Starter - Pokemon General Thread

SELAMAT PAGI
Sometimes I really the series should have ended after A Canterlot Wedding or Magical Mystery Cure. It would give the fanbase a few less things to argue about, eh?

You seem to forget how much people argued over those in general. Twilight’s Kingdom was, from what I recall, far less argued over, and wrapped up way better than MMC at least.
Meso Echo

I just came home from my local children’s hospital where I volunteered to talk to children there.  
I saw a lot of things that broke my heart over there.  
I saw one child with leukemia, she had a MLP blanket and small pinkie pie plushie beside her bed. Hooked up to many machines.  
I asked her who her favorite pony was when I got to talking to her, she said she likes Fluttershy and Pinkie because they make her happy. It was really a heartwarming sight to see this show give some hapiness to this sick child’s life.

I come home recently, and I just see people bash this show recently. Sending hate and threats to the writers, complaining about the tiniest things (some dude was actually mad about the face RD made in the newest episode) when all in all it’s just a happy and heartwarming show about pastel colored horses… It’s really sad.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Meso Echo

Yeah, that’s sad, but remember that discussions take place here, and real life is over there. Writers have been dealing with both legit criticism and trolling since the show began, they know it’s only a vocal minority. Out there is the silent majority, those that just enjoy the show for what it is. I’m glad you’ve seen the good this show does, but remember that said good always outweighs the bad… and that the Internet sure is a great place to get your voice heard.
Zebasiz
Bronze Bit -
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Zeb> That's why yer female partner can use a trapon
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

@Background Pony #F14E  
“Seriously though, most unicorns can still do magic, even if it isn’t a whole lot.”  
Basic spells and magic related to their Talents. [As established in S1.]  
Not flashy “stage” magic.  
People in our world can play instruments/dance/other types of skills, but they’ll still pay to go watch professionals do them.  
“The first episode she was in had her impressing the crowd with actual magic, which contradicts this episode where she’s basically inept with it.”  
In this episode she talks about how she can’t do magic like Teleportation. She still boasts about being the greatest magician.

@JP  
Twilight saying she could “never do a trick like that” I took as her saying she wouldn’t be able to entertain a crowd like Trixie does. Sure Twilight can teleport, but can she put on a Show with it? That’s how I interpreted her line there.  
As for going to Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns: Sunburst shows us that it isn’t raw power that gets you in. But, well, being Gifted somehow. Sunburst is apparently a strong academic with little natural strength. Trixie has talents in illusions/tricks.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Magma_ERuptiOn  
The thing is, Starlight already had made a friend before this whole issue happened and she ws doing fine with him. His name is Spike.

Remember how everyone were commenting about their amazing chemistry?

Well, apparently Spike doesn’t count as a friend as far DHX’s writers are concerned and argh.
Background Pony #BA7B
I do wonder, will Trixie cease her mopey “no real magic” after this episode, and either get permanent assistant or use her magic more imaginably. Preferably both.

@Meso Echo  
I pity you. Using personal tragedies of many people to prove your point, basically using them for your little manipulative scheme. It’s people like you make me lose faith in humanity.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide