Season 7 Episode Discussion [Speculation, Discussion, Spoilers] (SPOILER YOUR LEAKS)

hironakamura
Artist -

@gingerninja666  
Still too pony-ish that doesn’t “break” the stereo type of what non fans think of MLP. When non fans hear MLP, they immediately think its Barbie or whatever. Which is kind of true since its not gender neutral like Care Bears. I originally tried it with Slice of Life and my sister was like “What the fuck is happening?”
MrSeyker

@hironakamura

That’s your own fault. SoL is the worst episode imaginable to initiate someone in the show.

Also, the show is pretty gender neutral if you ask me. Unless it’s a Rarity episode.
hironakamura
Artist -

@MrSeyker  
I should’ve shown her the Pinkie Sense episode. The visual gags with Twilight in a wheel chair was awesome. And no, this show is not gender neutral. Its as gender neutral as Transformers. Which is not a bad thing. To sell a product, it helps if you have a clear picture of what your target market is.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Secrets and Pies is probably the only episode that I would recommend to a non brony to watch. It feels like an actual cartoon show not specifically aimed at girls. No touchy feely stuff, no crying, its just visual gags almost like a standard cartoon. Like Dexter’s Lab or original Powerpuff Girls.

I really love it. It might even be in my top ten.
Oddball64

Normal is overrated
The moral of Secrets and Pies really confused me. I was expecting “Friends don’t like the same things you do and you shouldn’t force it upon them” but instead it sorta felt like “You can lie to your friend as long as they appreciate the way you lie.”
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Watched the episode. Eh, it was okay. The total waste of food actually kinda got to me, though. I mean, did Rainbow really have to throw so many of the pies away?

AJ and Twilight’s presence was quite welcome in a season that has kept the mane six apart as much as it can. Hell, it was welcome enough to see Twilight actually bonding with her actual friends again, rather than her pet. I did enjoy the Sherlock Pinkie callback, too.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@Spinny  
She gave most of them to other ponies dude, they had a number of them talking about getting ones from her and showing other case where others got it.  
There was like two or three wasted.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Prof.NightJack  
Yeah, its why I think this episode is very good. It had an obscure convoluted “moral” that may or may not be taken seriously. Especially when AJ said “I could’ve told her that.” Its just a good story that didn’t get unbalanced by a shoehorned cheesy moral.
hironakamura
Artist -

Watched the episode. Eh, it was okay. The total waste of food actually kinda got to me, though. I mean, did Rainbow really have to throw so many of the pies away?
AJ and Twilight’s presence was quite welcome in a season that has kept the mane six apart as much as it can. Hell, it was welcome enough to see Twilight actually bonding with her actual friends again, rather than her pet. I did enjoy the Sherlock Pinkie callback, too.

Oh… I didn’t want to post this but I wonder how people would’ve felt if AJ was replaced by Starlight in this episode. Based on the previous episodes where I believed she shouldn’t have been in, it fits the formula.
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@hironakamura

Not sure if that would have been possible. Starlight obviously wouldn’t have showed up with a bushel of apples to give Pinkie, nor could she have made the “I could’ve told her that” joke work.
Miss Shy
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

You're going to love me.
@Pepsi Twist  
Pinkie Pie: You did a lot of ridiculous and overly complex things to get rid of my pies because it made you happy to see me happy. Just like I went to a lot of effort to make you the pies because it made me happy to see you happy.  
Rainbow Dash: Yes!  
Pinkie Pie: And if you’re willing to go through all of that, it really shows how much you’re willing to do for your friends.  
Rainbow Dash: Aw, shucks. It was nothing.  
Pinkie Pie: Now get out of that thing and give me a hug!  
Pinkie Pie: Just remember. In the future, you can always be honest with me.  
Applejack: Uh, I could’ve told her that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide