Season 7 Episode Discussion [Speculation, Discussion, Spoilers] (SPOILER YOUR LEAKS)

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

So I just got done watching the episode, and it was “ehh”. It’s been over half a decade since Party of One, and I’d forgotten how much fun Paranoia Pie is. I couldn’t tell you when the turning point was, but after awhile, the episode stopped being entertaining, and I was just watching to see where they were going with everything.

Maybe I’ll like it more the second time.
Background Pony #3BAD
Uhm, you probably will be shocked for that but, the S7 is the very first season in which I haven’t dislikes any single episode. There were a few moments I didn’t like in it (the fact that Rutherford puts his honor of yak over the safety of his subjects and the infamous scene of Daring Done in which RD gets ponynapped without even trying to defend herself or even just trying to fly away) but there isn’t a single episode I disliked as whole (to make a comoarison S4 and 5 had two episodes for each ones I didn’t like).
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
Celestial Advice:9.1
All Bottled Up:8.9
A Flurry of Emotions:9.5
Rock Solid Friendship:9.5
Fluttershy Leans In:8.4
Forever Filly:9.2
Parental Glideance:9.6
Hard To Say Anything:8.7
Honest Apple:8.6
A Royal Problem:9.6
Not Asking for Trouble:9.2
Discordant Harmony:9.5
The Perfect Pear:9.2
Fame and Misfortune:8.4
Triple Threat:9.3
Campfire Tales:8.6
To Change a Changeling:9.2
Daring Done:9.2
It Isn’t The Mane Thing About You:9.3
A Health of Information:9.0
Marks and Recreation:9.0
Once Upon a Zeppelin:9.1
Secrets and Pies:9.5
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
Pinkie: Hay I’m Pinkie Pie! You know what I like? Making pies.  
Pinkie: I love making them pies.  
Pinkie: You need me to make some pies for you guys? I make all kinds of pies.  
Dash: Pinkie you got to stop baking those pies.  
Pinkie: I CAN’T STOP, THESE PIES ARE ON FIRE!

I have no idea why that popped into my head…
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
Hopefully Hasbro releases another MLP: FIM Music album soon. There’s been a good number of songs the past couple seasons. There’s still a couple songs from Season 5 that yet to be on an album.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
OK, I’ll admit it. I was expecting ‘Secrets and Pies’ to be terrible. I was putting off watching it, I wasn’t interested at all.

I… don’t particularly like Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.

I loved it.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
The more I watch the Feelings Forum scene, the more I cringe. It fits EVERYTHING we all expect in a bona fide ‘safe space’.

Soup Changeling on the other hand, I like that one. Innocent and minding his business, using the Feelings Forum like it’s intended to be used.

No, it does not try to promote the SJW mindset. If anything, it’s the opposite. I’m glad the writers showed the dark side to the hippie mindset in a splendid way.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@SeraphimDawn  
I loved how it was mostly full of judgement of someone who was failing to conform, and was being irritatingly ‘different’. Especially the ‘he makes me uncomfortable’ line.
CronoM

Finally watched the leaked finale. (SPOILERS)

This could of been a good story. They got a lot of good elements together, even though the backstory needed a TON of work to make sense while being credible.

But of course, this was a Starlight story, and while it wasn’t the only issue, it was still a big one. It devalued everyone. At the expense of our main characters and their predecessors, they turned everything about the elements of old and elements of new into meaningless cause none of them wanted to act like elements of friendship.

And, oh god, the self insert fiction with Starlight. Twilight was building up to be the next Starswirled the bearded for years, but when the Pony of Shadows charged a stronger blast against the already tired Twilight, it was STARLIGHT, who’s power was just as grand if not more, to add to the power and send the Pony of Shadows fleeing. This is like the “Starlight casting a spell that even freakin’ Celestia and Luna couldn’t dispell” all over again.

(This is getting ridiculous. Right now she’s just the outside observer that has all the answers and all the power when its needed the most. It makes her way too much like a badly written Self Insert OC. )

Then the last 10 minutes, while having a few cool collaboration scenes, has Starlight taking credit for Twilight’s feats or stuff neither of them achieved or earned, and vice versa with other stuff neither of them achieved or earned. The only thing Twilight got to prove Starswirled was that she was good at magic, and Starlight vouched for her being ‘the best friend ever’. Twilight barely did a thing regarding friendship until the very end, she was Starswirled’s yes pony for most of it once she regained his trust, cause all 12 element bearers were being made into doubting clowns.

Yes, Starwirled the Bearded, the MLP character with the most lore, was brought back as a jackass (who supposedly befriended Tirek’s brother), just so STARLIGHT GLIMMER could act smug around him for her being right allllll alongggggg. (GAG)

And apparently the Pony of Shadow’s backstory made it sound like none of his actions could of been interpreted as even stealing, and that all 6 were meat heads who never listened to the strategist. At least from his perspective. So instead of a conflict of moralities and personas, the source of the conflict was just a miscommunication problem any 7 of them should have EASILY been aware of before banishing the other or turning to dark magic.

Don’t get me wrong, there were a ton of good parts. There were a ton of good characters and good interactions, but even there I feel that they glossed over Applejack’s now super strength taking after her predecessor, while giving the other 4’s discoveries way less gravitas. If they wanted to make this more Applejack oriented, since everyone was flinging spells and spell theories left and right, they should of done so to balance things out. I would of welcomed it. But nope, nearly half the time was Starlight replacing the Mane 6 who should have been their usual inquisitive selves and learned more about the enemy they were fighting.

And the Shadows? Sorry but…did anyone even think that the sisters, the two most powerful ponies in Equestria, might be a little interested in how the Pony of Shadow was being dealt? It was an enormous plot hole, but they need to coddle Princess Twilight and make everything a happy ending for her with no caveats, they couldn’t have Celestia be around Twilight while she made a decision that risked all of Equestria for nice but selfish needs. (Jeez the student sure takes after the master when it comes to Celestia and Twilight). Even if its a bit hypocritical, even Celestia was getting sick of this brown-nosed, attention and idol seeking with no regards for others by S6.

Speaking of which, not only was Celestia, Luna and Discord just ignored safety nets for the story, there wasn’t even any tension. Their arrival to the forgotten village was near tensionless, the even elaborated that he was almost helpless in Modern Equestria, and that he only had his minimum strength where he was.

Not to mention that nothing about the Shadows was ever elaborated. He was just a shadow being completely separate from Sombra. No explanation given, just a random entity that fed on his feelings. Sure, that was enough to sacrifice 6 heroes for all eternity.

No wonder so little fanart has been done about the leaked finale, it was quite forgettable.

But that was mostly all the bad parts. It wasn’t all bad, some parts did work, and unlike the S6 finale, the S7 finale didn’t ruin something good to make something mediocre(mostly), but even though it was a disappointing story in itself, the results of the story may actually be positive instead of negative. One has to accept that the writers or Hasbro, whatever, the pander and indulge their asses off when it comes to Starlight and Twilight in the finales. When you consider this and try to push those details aside, this finale was not total garbage. The pandering toward’s the Writer’s Pets has been a lot worse in other finales.

It was clear the MLP Movie was written differently. I enjoyed the movie a lot more due to it not having a pandering theme for a lot of it.
MrSeyker

@CronoM

A bit harsh, but I totally understand all your problems.

Really, there was no reason at all for Starlight being the only character able to see the problem and push for the real solution.

It’s a significant improvement over the last few finales being either the Twilight or Starlight power hour, but there’s still improvement to be made.

I really wish S8 retitred Starlight a bit and gave the Mane 5 more focus in both opener and finale.

They desperately need it.
Wiimeiser
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I really wish S8 retitred Starlight a bit and gave the Mane 5 more focus in both opener and finale.
They desperately need it.

I think Hasbro/DHX might be planning the opposite…
Rappy0

@MrSeyker  
I would really love a 2 part where the mane 5 minus Twilight savedc  
the day, its sad becuase its never going to happen like what the point in them even being there if they are only useful in filling up the season filler between the premiere and the finale?
Wiimeiser
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Who else thinks Flurry Heart is the Princess of Emotion?

@Rappy0  
And they’re not even good at that, there’s been four episodes that feature no Mane 6.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide