Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

hironakamura
Artist -

What was meh:
Starlight: I still do not care for her and here she more or less serves as the serving tray for the humor, the straight man to set up the jokes, the bland thing compared to the interesting one…yeah couldn’t come up with a third comparison there… anyways she’s not bad but she’s just there really so not much to say
Sunburst: At least Starlight has a function in this episode, why is Sunburst here other than he’s part of Starlight’s group? Cause he really doesn’t add much, like maybe some light exposition but really that’s barely anything at all.
So a more comedic episode which doesn’t have the strongest of plots, I did like the jokes and it was decent enough.

They needed 6 characters. I can’t remember if it was on this forum but I joked about replacing Silverstream in the episode with Smolder so the 6th member would be Garble instead of Terramar. This episode was a tribute to season 1’s first and second episode.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
In a new-mane-6 composed of Starlight, Trixie, Maud, Mudbriar, and Sunburst, I’d add Zephyr Breeze, even if he hasn’t really interacted with the others yet. Partly because missing pegasus, but also if he got a little bit more sympathetic writing, I think his pompous flirtatiousness would be an amusing addition. He’d be a great candidate for significant character development.
hironakamura
Artist -

@PonyPon  
This group really inspired me because there’s so many checks and balances going on. From color theory, to personality to function, roles and diversity. I can imagine them constantly being gimped because 4 of these characters are every strong. Maud can break boulders. Mudbriar is Sherlock Holmes. Sunburst is a walking magical library and Starlight is a magical Hulk. Terramar is their token non pony guy, I guess who is also their flyer and can transform the team for under water adventures. And then there’s Trixie who is their comic relief.
Oddball64

Normal is overrated
Been catching up on episodes.

She’s All Yak: 3/10

Frienmies: 10/10

Sweet and Smoky 7/10

Going to Seed 6/10

Student Counsel 9/10
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Thinking back on Best Gift Ever, Scorpan was referenced by Discord (“Oh for Scorpan’s sake”) and the special was written by Vogel, who apparently has a habit of writing his dialogue in a way that means something later.

With that in mind, is it a possibility Scorpan will appear in S9?
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@AC97  
Alright then…

It is a damn amazing episode. And I like how so much of Cozy’s dialogue comes across as deeply flirtatious to outright propositional. It only makes her seem more creepy and ‘off’.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
Crysalis is totally coming across as the most competent person here, despite her obvious insanity. She almost got to the finish on her own, just fell at the final hurdle.

…kind of a judgement of her career in general.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Philweasel

I like how the episode reminds you that Tirek, even if he’s certainly willing to use brute force, is not unintelligent. That probably should’ve been clear from his debut though.

Speaking of Cozy Glow, regarding a later part of the episode, I kind of liked how she asked Chrysalis about coccooning. I don’t know why, but her showing curiosity like that was rather… nice.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide