Unpopular opinion time

LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
@ILoveMyoozik  
Glad you liked it. It’s also my second favourite season.

Though i would say Season 4 and Season 5 are tied in 2nd for me. I can’t rank one over the other.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Philweasel  
I can’t stand Filli Vanilli to be honest, way too much wrong for me to bother.  
Yeah same for me about RF. The episode is a giant mess, yet I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Hell, it’s my biggest guilty pleasure episode of the series!
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@rdibp  
Somepony To Watch Over Me at least had some humor to it and the chimera was an interesting creature, I do agree that it was a below average episode.

@Philweasel  
It’s not just Pinkie, it was everything else too. From the turkey call bullshit, to Fluttershy digging her own grave by insisting to keep singing despite Big Mac’s voice getting better.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
Fluttershy digging her own grave by insisting to keep singing despite Big Mac’s voice getting better.

Aww, that was adorable! And understandable. Fluttershy loves to perform, but hates being in front of a crowd, thus she got addicted to fame by proxy. It wasn’t the right decision, but I got where she was coming from.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
Alright season 5, any thoughts on it before I watch it?

The tradition of dull Apple Bloom episodes continues.

Griffons are cool.

Why are they friends with Discord again?

Slice of life is… interesting.

“Princess Spike” is an awesome episode, fight me.

Yaks are dumb.

M.A. Larson continues to write all the best episodes.

Rarity and Rainbow Dash, who knew they would work so well together?

Community theater continues to be extremely dull and kinda shit.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders make me cry. Lots. God I miss Amy Keating Rogers.

Hey! It’s Starlight Glimmer! And the forums were never the same again!
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
Well Starlight is a magically powerful adult who’s had a great number of years to refine her ambition. I mean Wallflower is hinted as having that stone for months at best, where as Starlight’s been magically talented from childhood. Starlight also likely has learned the value of patience, where as Wallflower’s own plans are pretty opportunistic (to her detriment).

That’s what makes Wallflower better to me, it’s very much emotionally driven for her, a in the moment lashing out compared to Starlight’s planning and clear intent. It’s like chucking a rock on the ground by your feet at someone who insulted you versus setting up a Willy E Coyote style trap to have a boulder roll down over you…to stretch a metaphor

There is one big difference between them that I can see. Starlight’s quite extroverted, where as Wallflower’s very introverted. As a result Wallflower used her powers to protect herself and take personal revenge, where as Starlight’s first thought was to use her powers to build a society where she felt safe and comfortable. Still they’re both ultimately self centered people driven primarily by bitterness over their own ill treatment, and prone to exponentially disastrous explosions of rage when crossed.

Yes there is a difference in temperament but because they’re plans and actions are similar in scope yet so different in approach, it makes Wallflower’s feel the more naturalistic and sympathetic in comparisons to Starlight, it’s like I feel that what the writers wanted to do with Starlight they nailed with Wallflower.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@EotD  
I think it really depends on personal preference here. I admire logic and planning, however twisted, and deeply dislike short sighted, emotional decision making. As a result Starlight’s reasoned arguments as to why she was in the right made me sympathetic towards her, where as Wallflower ended up seeming petty, vengeful and shallow in comparison.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Am I the only one who doesn’t like Equestria Girls? I posted earlier that it seems to be more popular that FiM itself…
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
@Philweasel  
I think that’s the thing, since Starlight does too much with too clear of intentions to make me feel sorry for her. Emotional decision making, especially rash ones in a moment anger are far more sympathetic to me because it’s just the psychic lashing out, it’s the base self defending itself and it much less rational and so to me more forgivable, where as having that base controlled and then going forward with whatever plan for revenge is far more malicious to me since it involves the person clearly thinking straight, and therefore much much more deliberately.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
@ILoveMyoozik

Best season to date, imo.

@Wiimeiser

(raises hand)

I don’t think EG is more popular in general, but damn, its songs sure do get a hell of a lot more views on Youtube. Haven’t really figured this one out.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@EotD  
I personally find an inability to control yourself and temper your emotions with logic and clear thinking to be a fundamental failure as a person.

…maybe it’s because I’m British?
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Spinny  
Maybe Equestria Girls ironically catered to those who didn’t like Twilicorn or thought it ruined the series…? The Project Horizons Effect (aka Blackjack’s Law) can’t explain this, it just explains why Derpy gets more fanart per day than every background pony introduced after Return of Harmony combined per year…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide