Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Meanlucario  
@Meanlucario

It annoys me how it seems like there’s… a fundamental disconnect between what her character is, and how a lot of fanon portrays it.

I mean, going off of canonical evidence, you can make a good case that she doesn’t actually seem to care much about ruling over her hive again, in particular.

I could elaborate on that train of thought…
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@AC97  
She still cares, that’s why she wanted to take over all of Equestria, so she could rule over and torture her disobedient slaves for all eternity.
Latecomer

@AC97  
Change your mind about Twilight and Spike? No, my opinion is largely in accord with your’s. It just has more detail (like, six paragraphs of it).

And in my head, Chrysalis is DONE with followers of any kind. Which, given that she can’t abide rivals or superiors, paints a quite bleak picture of her ideal world.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
I remember a video Silver did on the Nightmare Moon timeline, and how Moon and Chrysalis are shadows of the queen, with Chrysalis’ being the shadow that sabotages others to make herself feel better due to a fragile ego.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

(I’ll pretend I got prompted to elaborate, I suppose)

@UserAccount

I mean, don’t get me wrong, she does care about ruling, it’s just that I’m not at all sure that it’s predominantly centered around her former subjects.

Queen Chrysalis: With the Elements under my control, I’ll build a new hive of Earth ponies, unicorns, and Pegasi, and I will rule as Queen once again!

(The Mean 6)

Queen Chrysalis: Chrysalis, queen of the changelings! Or at least I will be, when I’m restored to my rightful place! Why did you summon me? What do you want?!

(The Beginning of the End, the only thing that remotely supports the implication she wants to rule over her hive once more, regarding dialogue… but… more on that)

Queen Chrysalis: Our pact stands. What we do, we do together. Once we defeat the protectors of Equestria, we can claim this land and rule our kingdoms alone once more.

(The Ending of the End, Part 1)

Queen Chrysalis: The harsh weather is the final blow to break the ponies’ spirits. Once Equestria is a frozen wasteland, we’ll use our magic to destroy those windy beasts. Ponies will be so grateful, they’ll do whatever I want!

(Part 2)

Overall, I think she’s a lot like Sombra, in that she ultimately wants to rule over others with an iron hoof, and she doesn’t care too much about who it is she’s ruling over, nor what she has to do to get there, so long as she has power. And she definitely isn’t averse to abusing said power, by any means.
Latecomer

@AC97  
I believe in very mixed-up - but no, Twilight raising him alone is ridiculous under those circumstances.

(Also ties into the “boarding student or not?” debate a bit too.)
UserAccount
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@AC97  
But she does want to make her former subjects pay! When she split up slaves betwen her, Tirek and Cozy, she definitely would’ve called dibs on all of the Changelings.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
Sorry I forgot I had company coming over today. Here’s two replies and I’m out :D

@Tirimsil  
I wonder if maybe Twilight Time was like the CMC adult episode where it was originally conceived for much earlier in the series for that same reason :P

@Latecomer  
Honestly it’s never really mattered to me if people like or dislike the things I like or dislike, like I don’t get upset when people trash on parts of the show I like or anything. I’m interested in WHY people like or dislike things though :D
Latecomer

@Badumsquish  
I’m interested in the why’s too, and I recognise there are several episodes I don’t like out of just personal taste. Others, however, are just bad… but then, everyone says that about Rainbow Falls.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
“Rainbow Falls” has been said and I am summoned! It’s a horrible episode because Twilight is a terrible friend in that episode. Flying with the Wonderbolts is Dash’s lifelong dream, and Twilight says “but Applejack baked some things so you’re a horrible person for flying with them.” It makes no sense and is a horrible display of loyalty on Twilight’s part, the episode should’ve ended with Rainbow Dash accepting the invitation to joint the Wonderbolts.
GenericArchangel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@Latecomer  
My point is Rainbow Dash cares about joining the Wonderbolts a lot more than Fluttershy or Bulk Biceps cared about playing in the games. Telling her to abandon the one thing she wants from life so her friends can do something they guess is sorta cool is a horrible thing to do to someone you care about- honestly, it’s kind of abusive, telling her her dreams don’t matter.
rdibp
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
@GenericArchangel  
The conflict of the episode was more “would RD live out her dreams and abandon her friends?”

The biggest problem with the ep was Twilight. She should’ve just let Dash decide what she wanted to do instead of guilt tripping her into staying on team Ponyville.
Latecomer

@GenericArchangel  
Her dreams matter, and she’s pursuing them - she got onto the Bolts anyway, didn’t she? In fact, flying against them at the Games might have impressed them more.

But she has a loyalty to Ponyville too - perhaps a stronger one for choosing it rather than just being born there. Cloudsdale has the WOnderbolts, and probably many other top flyers besides - how many awesome pegasi does Ponyville have?
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@rdibp  
That too. The ending I would’ve liked is Twilight realizes that Dash can’t find the guts to tell her friends she won’t fly with them, so Twi explains the situation and they tell Dash it’s okay for her to go. She gets the key from coming back to help them train their new flyer, because even if she changed teams they’re still her friends.

@Latecomer  
Twilight had no way of knowing they’d take her after that. From Spitfire’s perspective, Rainbow Dash just turned down their offer, why should they make it again? Nothing about joining the Wonderbolts runs counter to her duty to her friends, in this case they owe it to her to let her fulfill her dream.
Summersong
Duck - Hates bronies, but is one. Go figure.
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

aka Summersong
@GenericArchangel

… Did we watch the same episode? Are you being ironic?

In Rainbow Falls, Rainbow Dash had to abandon her friends to fly with the Wonderbolts; they were opposing teams in a competition.

Twilight noted that everyone was putting all their faith into the Ponyville team (not just Applejack with her baking) and would be heartbroken if Dash went “yeah you guys suck, bye”.

What’s more, the reason Dash was even offered to join the Wonderbolts was because they thought she was better than Soarin’ and wanted to ditch him for her. Soarin’ had bashed into something earlier and they were hamming up the severity of his injury both to him and to Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash’s final decision was based not only on the fact that the Element of Loyalty couldn’t just abandon her friends, but also that the Wonderbolts were doing just that. She was heavily disappointed in them and decided they were not the star team she’d wanted to fly with since she was a filly.

The Wonderbolts agreed with her, and shaped themselves up by the time she got around to joining.

Almost every Rainbow Dash episode has a similar formula:

Thing Dash Wants: You can have me if you abandon your friends  
Rainbow Dash: OK  
Friends: Rainbow Dash pls  
Rainbow Dash: Half-OK?  
Thing Dash Wants: Did I mention you’d be a traitor?  
Rainbow Dash: Oh right, well then I take my OK back
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide