Unpopular opinion time

GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@AC97  
Moondancer? Oh yeah, I kinda forgot that character existed…

TBH, I do not like Moondancer. At all. She’s bland, uninteresting, a stereotype, and her episode was pretty mediocre.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@GenericArchangel

shrug

In any case, it’s not like the show was “ruined” because she wasn’t a more prominent character; a unicorn who’s not a visually appealing palette swap of Twilight (partially due to my color preferences) with a kinda lackluster outfit, and exaggerates her S1 traits, without much development, isn’t the most memorable character; not even the baggage of “was evil/mentally unstable” to go with.
Vinylshadow
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Megalomaniacal toaster
I like Moondancer for the simple reason of enjoying Unicorn!Twilight over Alicorn!Twilight, simply because she grew in more than just height over the years.

@AC97  
Her tendencies weren’t exaggerated, they’re just the logical conclusion of wanting to learn over making friends.

If they were exaggerated, she’d be acting like Neurotic Twilight from Lesson Zero.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Season 5 would have been vastly improved if Moondancer had been the antagonist.

Twilights opponent could have been an old friend she had callously abandoned.  
Someone who had studied with her at the same school and new how to fight her in a way that made sense.

Someone who watched Twilight move on without her and decided to change time not out of spite but so she could be the one who helped Twilight save the world rather than the strangers Twilight Replaced her with.

Their childhood connection would have added a whole new layer of personal stakes to their confrontation.

And when Moondancer was defeated, she would have filled the same role as Starlight did but with a unique colour scheme and name that contrasted Twilight rather than echoed her like Starlight does.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Terminal Red  
I disagree, since Starlight is a more enjoyable character than Moondancer. Also, the point of Moondancer’s problems is that it’s self-destructive, and that she’s only harming herself by sheltering herself. If she was harming other, than it would no longer be about helping someone Twi abandoned, and become Twi stopping a problem. Starlight was meant to be a villain while Moondancer isn’t.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
It would have been awesome, Moondancer was mentioned in the very first episode.  
If she had become the new member of the group we would have called it one of the best pieces of foreshadowing and buildup ever.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Meanlucario

Moondancer was essentially a contrast to Starlight. …Which is why it’s really, REALLY lame that the two of them never once interacted with each other after Starlight’s reformation (especially given Starlight’s background cameo in Amending Fences).
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Starlights story could have been resolved in the season opener two parter, and learning of Starlights past would have made Twilight want to reconnect with old friends, and help others do the same, setting up the theme of the season.

Moondancer would still be a hermit who rebuffs Twilight until the season finale because she thinks she could never relate to Twilight and her new friends after all the adventures they’ve been through together without her. Her bitterness and self imposed Exile has left her without the social skills or confidence to try, leading her to try and change history and Usurp her “replacements” at Twilights side.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Terminal Red  
And she works better as an internally-destructive character than a externally-destructive character. Kind of loses the impact when instead of Twilight having to confront and comfort Moon and help her see that even now, she has friends, it just become a battle like the other two-parters, and against a bookworn no less. It’s like Twi fighting Sunburst, where they’re just a nerd that loves learning spells but isn’t that strong casting them.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
Remove the battle than. The battle was stupid anyway. Just have Twilight and Moondancer try to survive all the different realities the time spell created.

Or have Twiligt track Moondancer through each devastated Timeline until she finds Moondancer in the Ashland broken and devastated because she couldn’t save a single one and saw Twilight destroyed because of her each time.

Either way, the lesson would have been that living in the past, agonising over what could have been was the cause of her pain and was blinding her to the future and it’s possibilities.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
You think Moondancers my favourite? Lol.  
My faves pretty obvious if you look at my faves pics.

And rushing Starlight in the opener wouldn’t have been an issue because she’d only be an ancillary character after. Just have her explain herself when she’s confronted by her villagers and lead on from there.

Moondancer would have fit the main group better both thematically, dramatically, visually and logically than starlight ever did.
landshark15

@Terminal Red  
I thought the battle was cool on how each time Starlight relied on different methods to alter the course of time. But how is that still not externally destructive as those timelines are still affecting the world around her?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide