Unpopular opinion time

Jaredking779
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
Wind Rider kept telling others that he talks like a leader. Unfortunately, his lack of passion just proves that he’s not a great leader.
Sadrai

@Latecomer  
I guess but I just really liked the personality they gave him it reminded me of Eddy from ed edd and eddy but less trying to scam people since he wanted to sell a legit product.
Sadrai

@Myoozik  
I thought it would be unpopular because I saw some people either loved or hated his wanting to sell merchandise personality in the episode, but I thought it was a nice personality that they gave him plus when you compare him to how Rainbowdash acted in the episode he honestly looked way better IMO of course.
Sadrai

@Myoozik  
Yeah especially since he was only trying to teach the cheer squad to make money yet he at least tried compared to Dash who is a actually teacher who was assigned the job!
Background Pony #3F17
My coworker had this hot take: “I think Friendship is Magic is overhyped. I mean yeah it was a good (and by that he meant mediocre) show but not a great one. And it doesn’t have the deep characters or nuance or maturity of say Gravity Falls. I mean Pacifica is like Diamond Tiara but better. MLP is definitely not one of the best cartoons ever made. I feel like MLP’s characters are very stereotypical. I mean who cares about trying new types of characters right?”

I’m paraphrasing what he said but what do you think, could he actually be sadly correct? I think he’s selling the show short, I mean MLP might not be the greatest cartoon ever made but I think it’s still a very great show.
Background Pony #3F17
@Dex Stewart  
I don’t even know anything about Gravity Falls but I prefer MLP for its fantasy world. But I do know Dipper your “cliche” nerdy hero just as Rainbow Dash is your “cliche” athlete. A bit hypocritical how Dipper is “nuanced” but Dash is “one dimensional”. But to me, they both have depth to them which makes them not boring stereotypes.

And Pacifica and Diamond Tiara are similar but different. They’re good characters in their own ways.

He was kind of mean about it too, complaining how MLP doesn’t deserve to be analyzed and how bronies should be more focused on “real animations” like Batman the Animated Series instead of as said “caring about the name of a background pony who has no relevance to the story.” That’s all I have to say.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Background Pony #3F17  
On the subject of background ponies,I always thought it was similar to Simpsons. They had tons of background characters who went on to carry entire episodes. If not for curiosity and speculation many now well known characters wouldn’t exist the way we know them. In mlp,the creators actually took inspiration from the fan interpretations of background characters,which is a unique situation.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #3F17  
I think it might be great in places, but sinks to “good” in aggregate. Partly on it’s own merits, and partly because the decade since it’s birth has been a boom period for kids cartoons. The bar has been raised, and I hope G5 rises to meet it.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #3F17  
What Dex said, it’s all a matter of opinion. As for my take on the question, it was definitely overshadowed by future shows who did a lot more with the characters and lore like Steven Universe, Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil, Rick & Morty and like you mentioned Gravity Falls. I feel like the show could’ve done a lot more but it was held back with its restrictions like that it’s a reboot of My Little Pony, a show which goal has always been to play it safe and sell toys. To me it’s one of those shows where it’s best if you watch it as it is while trying not to analyze it too much or problems will begin to appear.

So to answer that question about if he’s correct, yes and no.

@Background Pony #3F17  
Well that just makes him lose credibility if he says something like that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide