Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #4530
@WyrmSpawN  
I meant that Chrysalis wasn’t planned to be a heartless tyrant back in A Canterlot Wedding, the 4 year gap and different writers for both season finales make it very obvious.
Background Pony #5B97
@Latecomer  
The “feeding my subjects” line at least suggested she cared for them, in Season 6 they’re literal trash to her.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Background Pony #5B97

I don’t know exactly - on that they left it ambiguous enough to exploit either possibility then, but it’s telling that even if that part was true, she still chose the flashiest and most impractical option she could to do it.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Don’t  
I kinda agree. When I watched the season 6 trailer (the game of thrones one), I didn’t believe we could watch something that would be very meaningful. Instead, I got, to me, the worst season in the show.

@Background Pony #4530  
I think this is one of the most obvious signs that MLP:FiM never made sense. Pinkie Pie had 2 sisters at first, not 3. Twilight didn’t say she had a brother until season 2. Applejack wasn’t afraid of huge crowds until season 5. Chrysalis and the changelings had a scary look until season 6.

All I’m gonna say with this is that, if the show actually made sense, we would say that Starlight and Cozy Glow were great characters.

A part of me wishes this show got a better treatment, at least as good as Steven Universe and Gravity Falls. On the other side, I’m glad that it’s finished, because at least we can appreciate our favourite episodes and we still have fanart.

Besides, I love how this show ended with The last problem. I do kinda wonder why people didn’t like that episode. I dislike Josh Haber’s work, but I thought he did a pretty good job here. It’s almost my favourite episode in season 9, but that honor is for The last laugh.
Background Pony #4530
@Ring Team  
I’ll never get over how pointless Maud Pie is, her personality could have gone to either of the other two sisters since they act absolutely nothing like in Season 1.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Background Pony #4530  
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying with this that Maud Pie is pointless. I’m saying that the show doesn’t have a narrative flow or structure that would allow some consistency.

If you ask me, I like Maud Pie more than Grey Fluttershy and Grey Jerk.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Background Pony #4530  
Far as we could tell, the changelings were initially meant to be just parasitic mooks you could remorselessly cheer for the heroes beating down, because Chrysalis’ portrayal was, overall, very unsympathetic in her debut. When Chrysalis puts emphasis on food, it’s moreso about power, not survival, and it still didn’t even begin to excuse how much of a sadistic asshole she is, or the fact that she’s singing about how much she loves manipulating and controlling others, as opposed to her intrinsic duty.

The takeaway wasn’t “why isn’t Celestia and/or Cadance trying to appease them and their Queen,” it’s that they needed to be stopped for trying to conquer Equestria in a terroristic attack, as (essentially, since they all look the same) faceless goons trying to harm and oppress its populous, much like the Storm Guard in the Movie.

She may have cared on some level, but in the sense that from the perspective a narcissist sees it, others are extensions of your will/yourself. Real world tyrants have considered themselves to be their country, after all, and Chrysalis never got a throwaway line showing any real compassion along the lines of “you’ll be punished for beating up my changelings,” in her debut.

@Mildgyth  
Also I think it’s a hint that she might not care much about sustainably solving the problem, if she’s trying to sic Twilight on Cadance (who didn’t seem like she was getting adequate sustenance) for kicks, instead of trying to forcibly bend Cadance to her will to cast love spells, which could potentially at least bolster the love supply, if it can’t just make it limitless, before giving up on her if that proved unworkable. Either that, or she isn’t as good at her job as she’d like to think she is, for not knowing about her abilities before kidnapping her.

The whole point of her as a villain was that she was blindsided by the fact that despite feeding on love, she couldn’t really understand it, otherwise she wouldn’t have fallen victim to a very similar defeat to what the Windigos had.
Background Pony #4530
@Myoozik  
What growth? If anything she became more one-dimensional as the seasons progressed.

@Ring Team  
Like I said, one of them could have “been” Maud Pie instead of both becoming the shitty archetypes you mentioned.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
The writers saw how popular Maud was in her debut episode so they decided to milk her for all she was worth by telling the same jokes over and over in every one of her focus episodes(“Haha she has no emotions lol!”). Only reason Limestone and Marble just ended up being mere archtypes was because they couldn’t have been assed to do anything interesting with them when they could just repeat the same jokes with Maud
Background Pony #7032
I honestly wonder why the instrumental version of “how the Magic of friendship grows” didn’t get placed in the final episode as a end credit song.
Latecomer

@Kiryu-Chan  
Maud was overused, but she still had many good showings IMO. And put me together with wondering why a new sister… unless they couldn’t decide which one to use? Maybe someone should consult the planning documants.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Kiryu-Chan  
I think Maud Pie was a very interesting character until season 6, when most of her punchlines are related to rocks or minerals in a way that gave her a very repetitive dialogue. I didn’t find her great in season 7, I didn’t find her great in season 8 and I don’t remember if she ever appeared in season 9.

It’s a pity, because I like the concept of an indifferent pony with a boring voice in a happy colorful world. She reminded me of Daria.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I liked Marble Pie better even if she had the personality of a marble statue. Her and Limestone Pie deserved more episodes than Maud IMO.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide