Unpopular opinion time

CronoM

@Latecomer
That’s fair, I might not see any headcanons you have as plausible as well, depending on the idea. Its all perspective and theory anyway thanks to the lack of concrete answers from the creators.
But Hasbro apparently looks at continuity like a lump of wet clay. Let’s keep hammering on it until something halfway decent comes out of it. The fans will buy it. Um… nope!? ;-)
Same.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Sunset was supposed to get a major appearance in the main show’s finale but was rejected by Jim Miller. Jim Miller was really adamant on keeping both series separate as much as he could and actively wanted to avoid crossovers(despite the Dazzlings showing up in the S7 finale), to the point where he comes off like a wet blanket. I look at his comments regarding ideas of crossing over and I can’t help but think of the first page of MLP/TF where Quibble is complaining about the Daring Do/Power Ponies crossover with the seller just saying “I think it’s just meant to be fun”
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@Latecomer
@CronoM
It seems that there was a misinterpretation of the last part of my question, so let me rephrase it.
Why is it that EQG ponies have trouble holding things with their hooves and standing on their hind legs while FIM ponies have no trouble doing the same thing? If EQG really is canon, then wouldn’t ponies be incapable of doing those two “human-like” things?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Someone on another site pointed out that in A Matter of Principals, Spike says, that Discord tends to mess with ponies he cares about as a way of “testing” them.
Except Discord wasn’t trying to test Starlight, and there’s no reason to think he was. He was just throwing a tantrum over not being invited to the School of Friendship, which he shouldn’t even care about in the first place.
Testing them my ass, Discord was indeed throwing a temper tantrum over a job that he was going to screw up in one way or another. Starlight would’ve easily done the job well if Discord wasn’t there.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@DragonBoi471
I get the logic of the question, but it’s not that big of a deal compared to other problems Equestria Girls has, like the simplistic dialogue or the stiff animation.
At least the movies are good. I used to think Rainbow Rocks was bad because by the time it came out it was one of the only two films that existed about MLP, but after getting the MLP film and A new generation years later, I kinda see Rainbow Rocks and overall Equestria Girls in a different light.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Discord would never do what he did to starlight in matter of principals if he was in-character. Considering that he asked multiple characters if they invited him to the gala and spent all day trying to get fluttershys attention and only blew up at one person and that was because he thought he was losing a friend. In matter of, he acts worse over a random school, takes it out on everyone, is far more harmful than the harmless smooze he brought and doesn’t even apologize at the end. It would have been far more better and in-character if it was a test that just went too far.
Starponys87
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -

Friends with Autism
@CORDZ2000
I’m not even sure if Discord was mad to begin with. After all, he tricked the Mane 6 into leaving the school in the first place. If he was mad, it was over something that happened before the episode.
Background Pony #4C59
Honestly, the whole school of friendship was a bad idea. I mean, I never understood the purpose: teaching about friendship with the mane 6 as teachers? The mane 6 themselves have other jobs, Twilight herself always felt better as a magical teacher with the friendship thing being more like a mentoring for certain characters.
I honestly think the school of friendship is one among many reasons why S8 is among my least favorite seasons.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I know what you mean, but I see it a little differently. In fact, the School of Friendship was a pretty good idea. Especially when it comes to worldbuilding. Unfortunately, it was:
A.) way too late in the show (one could argue now about whether the show should have gone longer, or whether the school should have been introduced much earlier)
B.) absolutely not well thought out - as you said, the Mane 6 actually had other jobs
C.) once again revealed many weak points in the storytelling of G4
We can only hope that things will be different in the G5. But if I had to bet money on this, I would rather burn all of it in the next best oven. So much for “I only watch it for the plot”. ;-)
Background Pony #4C59
@DarkObsidian
Nah, the concept itself is something I never liked it from the get go. Compared to the map who could help the mane 6 to get higher reach in their slice-of-life or adventures, the school felts incredibly limiting, they just kinda act teaching lessons in a much upfront and sometimes on-the-nose.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Well, you can certainly see that as you like. Personally, I was fascinated by the concept that the MLP world was by no means so nice & shiny, and the other races seemed to know next to nothing about friendship. And at the premiere (here I admit my mistake openly and honestly) I was even fascinated by the fact that even ponies were apparently not insensitive to a certain “racism”. But the whole thing didn’t develop in the direction I expected.
I am not dissatisfied with what followed the whole thing. Hmmm, okay… Season 8 has indeed fallen far short of any kind of expectation you could have had as an average MLP fan. At least that’s my current feeling. But there are certainly others who are much more suitable as critics than I am. ;-)
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Starponys87
yeah there isn’t any im tryin to teach u something and no reason for him to be that upset. There isn’t no apology because i didn’t understand that i was being a ass. Discord is a jerk but the key subtlety of his character is that hes one who does want to be good on some level, either trying to help in his own way even though he does enjoy the trolling or genuinely not realizing what he’s doing is wrong.
If someone doesn’t believe me just remember how in ‘Make New Friends But Keep Discord’ a previous ep he was jealous but actually didn’t go as far, he was like what!? u can have different friends things perhaps i overreacted and is IMMEDIATELY embarrassed and ashamed of himself. The reason i sympathetize and like discord despite all the critisim despite all the bad things he often does is there is a sense that he actually wants to be better, there is NONE of that in matter of principals.
@Myoozik At the very least the writers seemed to have learned there lesson which is why he asks to be involved to rainbow in best gift and then twilight in the summersetback in s9 however like u said the damage was done for many. Discord still is a base breaking character tho instead of the scrappy. Maybe he is the scrappy here on derpi for the most part but not other places, the same way how sparity seems to be beloved here but is criticized in many other parts of the web in the fandom.
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism
@CORDZ2000
What was done with Dash’s character in “Tanks for the Memories” was almost as bad. Although she was suffering from extreme separation anxiety, that’s no excuse for her failing to show remorse for the damage she did.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Starponys87
well i don’t really agree on that front, at least imo rainbow dash was incredibly sympathetic there in a jerkass woobie or tragic antagonist variety what she was doing was really really bad but Like when she cried i cried. She just wanted to save a life, even if one could say it was selfish, it displayed her loyalty to tank. edit: yes either way one should apologize tho but its not something i had trouble for forgiving her for regardless or even disliked her for really.
I feel like there are definitely worse of rainbow like when she tried to sell fluttershy, the cheerleadering ep i believe that was in s9, her competiveness with aj in that one s8 episode were yona was put in danger again….gosh s8 was bad…. and one can argue the times were she seemed more like the element of honesty than loyalty.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@DarkObsidian
I mean there’s a laundry list of things I could say about School of Friendship, but I still think the main thing is just the concept of a School revolving the concept of friendship is dumb as fuck. I remember when it was first announced I thought it was going to be headed by the Pillars, with them using it to pass their wisdom to a new generation but then the show just abandoned them and saddled it on the mane 6. Then there was the whole thing about them already having jobs, the writers initially passed it off as “cartoon logic”(btw, that’s not how it works), only then to make it a major plot point in several episodes that they don’t have time to do much because of it.
I feel like there are definitely worse of rainbow like when she tried to sell fluttershy
To this day I never understood this complaint, the episode and scene’s framing really makes it obvious both that she wasn’t paying attention nor does she realize what she did until after the fact. I get the feeling that if it wasn’t RD no one would have been mad about it and just see it for what it actually is, a hilariously bad situation
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism
Ironically, the inclusion of the Student 6 was what made me become a brony. Having two males finally connected to the Tree of Harmony, along with five non-pony creatures – that made me feel properly included. And it made it feel that MLP had finally overcome the racist overtones that it had had before. (In particular, dragons should never have been painted as inherently eviler than ponies.)
To me, Season 8 was much better with the message of friendship than Seasons 1 and 2. I recognize that a fair deal was wrong with Season 8 – but not necessarily worse than anything that had come before (though some individual characters might have had record lows).
It seems that Season 8 is a big base breaker – far more than it ought to be.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Starponys87
As much as I rip on some of the post S5 content including S8, I actually liked S8, while it shares a lot of problems I had with S6 and S9, it doesn’t piss me off nearly as much as those two did, most of the episodes that I looked forward two actually delivered, and the stretch from Road To Friendship to Sounds of Silence is one of best stretches of episodes the show ever had.
Also S8 is debatablly RD’s second best season
Background Pony #4C59
@Starponys87
Not a fan of the student six as a whole. Their personalities just felt underwhelming for the most part. They just feel like the CMC, except with less charm. I think they tried to use them as an expansion of friendship to new races, but because they barely have anything for themselves and their characterizations depended on each other so meehh, they rarely stand out. And the show already made lessons about learning to accept others in the past, so the central theme felt incredibly on-the-nose, specially since they needed an strawman like Neighsay which characterization is thin as fuck: “Ohh boohoo, I’m racist and other species need to go away”. And I know what you will say, that people like him exists, but still, it doesn’t make the story entertaining if there’s no entertaning adittional stuff to counterbalance it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide