Unpopular opinion time

TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Twi Clown
Ah, I remember an episode of Stuart Little where Stuart and Co. built a kart out of what appears to be everyday objects. And yes, it functions. Maybe it’s just that.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@kleptomage
Then it sounds like you’re asking too much for a show about multi-colored horses who can talk and use magic. But then again, this is the same series that can have hydroelectric dams, arcade machines, construction vehicles, electronic turntables and high speed bullet trains exist alongside horse drawn carriages, conveyer belts that run on manpower and lanterns that run on oil.
river mines

@Mr.Myoozik
It’s one thing for a show to have talking horses that jump lasers.
Another very different thing is the laws of physics being disrespected, people spend an average of 12 years learning in schools.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@river mines
I feel like that’s the least of that episode’s problems when you have Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash act like complete stage moms to their sisters and try to hog all the glory
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@river mines
Real equines also have no apples nor clouds in their insides, nor they can bend their eyes through trees.
Along the fact many times they can get squashed by doors with only mild injuries, plus the fact any “imaginative spot or narrative elipse” can quickly be popped or moved.
And we also have the issue that magic is omnipresent in the world to the point even basic nature requires magic because otherwise realistically speaking timberwolves would fall into pieces every single time without intervention and no one would be capable of step in clouds.
One thing I can get behind is criticizing when the show breaks its own rules like suddenly “belief” without magic chanelizers seems to do it, but the show not using realistic physics despite the fact it worked on toon logic since its inception, then workable karts is a non-issue, you can theorize about how it works but is not a fail on itself.
The show must follow successfully its own rules, but it definitely doesn’t follow to the letter real life rules in many aspects however.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
The carts are powered by plot. Theorizing about how they work in-universe is fun, but it’s been almost 8 years since that episode aired, and, personally, at no point was I like ‘how is this technicolor equine zooming around in a go-kart with no engine?’ The girls do show up at the end in mechanic jumpsuits, complete with oil stains, implying there are engines involved in the second version of carts.
Now the track, I do question, cause it seemed designed to prompt a collision…
I always assume tech is fueled by magic in Equestria, unless stated or implied otherwise, since that’s how Flim and Flam powered the Cider Squeezy all the way back in season 2.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Mr.Myoozik
Internal consistency matters if a story is to be believable. The episode starts with Cheerilee giving a lesson in physics, which establishes that physics are applicable to the setting and relevant to the plot. By our understanding of physics, it is impossible that the carts could have completed the race course only from gravity on a small hill. If propelled only by gravity it is also impossible that Rainbow’s cart could have accelerated on its own. Therefore the carts must be powered by some kind of engine. Which means that each team carved their cart from a block of solid wood, built and installed the other parts, painted the cart, and either built a engine from scratch or purchased and installed a prebuilt engine, with hand tools, all in one day. My suspension of disbelief does not stretch that far.
Admittedly, the carts were only a minor problem compared to the other problems with the episode, but they bother me.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
True…but theory and practice aren’t the same.
Drawings on a chalk board indicates the ponies have some sense of physics, it doesn’t mean however they follow the same exact physics we follow here out of screen, nor how that said physics apply exactly to the carts in detail.
Not to mention there’s never details about said physics since once the derby was mentioned no explanations comes out from that. For all accounts it could be like using magic environment or transforming combustion into energy.
I dare to say it was more of a setup gag taken too seriously. You can theorize but wasn’t something to dwell into.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@kleptomage
Then I don’t know what to tell you so I’ll just go with what Twi Clown said, and again it’s just a minor issue compared to the bigger picture of the episode.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
I’ve always liked Spike more than Ember and Smolder. I’m saying this because I know people have the hots for the female dragons because they’re well… hot. I like the smaller cuter kind.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide