Unpopular opinion time

Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
@Kirb  
I may be mistaken in this aspect, since it’s kind of boring and technical, but I believe it may be because there are two separate models for wings: the standard one used for most pegasi, and another used for the alicorns. And despite being smaller, Twilight uses a shrunken-down version of the wings for the other alicorns, which are a bit larger and drawn differently from the normal kind.
Background Pony #AEC9
@Kirb  
The latter body form would indeed look awkward. Just look at the Princess Twilight Sparkle brushable toys that reuse the Cadance mold.  
It seems like that’s the reason they went with a sort of “in between”- not quite mane 6/standard mare, not quite “alicorn Princess” slendermare.  
She’s taller, a bit slimmer. Her neck and horn are definitely longer. But it’s not as jarring as taking Twilight Sparkle’s unicorn body and reshaping it into one that matches Can’tdance.

As for the wings, just re-watch Pinkie Pride and notice the part where Twilight (needlessly) flies away before the start of the Goof-Off. The animators used the standard Pegasus wings and IMO it looks way better. I’ll try to find it…
Background Pony #AEC9
@TexasUberAlles  
I’m thinking way too hard about this, but how does that work for ponies? Are their bone made of ultra-soft flexible material like a supersoft silicone capable of stretching without tearing? Do their vertebrae expand and contract like muscle or do they separate along their spinal cord? How are ponies able to break bones in some instances but are able to stretch and squash them in others? rule of comedy, cartoon physics, it’s magic I ain’t gotta explain shit
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@TexasUberAlles

Yeah, the show does certainly do the whole incorrect anatomy thing all the time (not just with necks and legs either), but… I dunno, when Fosgitt does it, it just looks weird (and I say again that I do like his art style overall).

Personally, I just headcanon that pony limbs are more malleable than that of real horses, so they can do positions like that.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I think we might need more atypical unicorns.

One appeal of the manes’ group dynamic is that each race is represented by an atypical and a typical(Aj is typ, Pinkie is atyp, for example). That doesn’t seem to apply to the unicorns, for whom Twi and Rare are the usual snooty and/magical backgrounded or snooty magcial wannabe.

Perhaps the unicorn twins of equal town might be what I’m looking for.
Background Pony #448F
@PonyPon  
>Rarity  
>snooty magical wannabe

I think you’re thinking of Trixie. :P And as much as I dislike Twilight, “snooty” isn’t among her faults either.

Also, as far as “typical/atypical” examples of their races, I think that’s largely a fandom construct. Octavia’s snooty and cultured and her talent doesn’t have anything to do with food (or strength) but still she’s an earth pony. Same with Hoity Toity and others. Then on the unicorn side we’ve got Snips and Snails, for a good example. Before it was confirmed he was a unicorn most people assumed Rarity’s dad was an earth pony because he was big and tacky and had a football cutie mark.

What I’m saying is, I think the typical race characteristics people have in mind for the three tribes are mostly fanon, and personality doesn’t really have anything to do with race (or vice versa).
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Background Pony #7119  
I meant Rare was more a Snoot wannabe. Should have added another slash.

And Twilight still has the magical and debatably snooty background, whether or not you think it shows on her.

And I suppose you could be right.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Twilight has some moments of snobbery. But they are so few and mostly pertain to her expertise in magic.

Kinda disappointed in that. Humility works great for her, but since she was raised in the snob capital of Equestria, and is the personal student of their sovereign, I thought it would be neat if moments where she does flaunt her status did flare up occasionally. Unitentionally of course.
Jades

I hate how Celestia is described in some parts of the fandom as this uber mastermind and has everything planned out from her sister to how she ascended and how everything went perfectly as planned. It makes it look like she can’t make mistakes.
Jarkes
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Jades

The way I see it, she’s like Dumbledore; definitely has plans and is benevolently manipulative, but the plans don’t always pan out the way she intends them to.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Jades

Even worse is when Celestia inevitably does make a mistake or comes off as less than perfect the fandom says stuff to the effect of the writer(s) are writing her wrong.

Yeah no. If the show makers have her be not perfect or fallible then that is in fact what she is.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Here’s something I don’t get: why does everyone complain about red-and-black OCs, especially if they’re alicorns, and yet no one ever complains about Blackjack from Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons, despite the fact that she is ALSO a red-and-black OC?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Jarkes

Project Horizons is funny like that. It is essentially a laundry list of how not to write a story or character. The catch is that someway somehow, it makes it all work.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide