Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

MYMC06E02: Roots of All Evil Pt. 1 Reaction Script (Cii) - Protecting the Unity Crystals

Background Pony #83FA
[PLEASE DO NOT DISRUPT THE MAIN STORYLINE]
[KEEP POSTS AT TV-Y RATING AND REFRAIN FROM USING COARSE EXPLICIT LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND, EVEN IN LINKS TO IMAGES, VIDEOS AND VOICE RECORDINGS]
[REFERENCES TO MILD DRUGS, ALCOHOL AND CARTOON VIOLENCE ARE ACCEPTABLE]
[EXPLICIT MATERIAL AND REFERENCES ARE FORBIDDEN, THOUGH STRONG VIOLENCE WITHOUT BLOOD AND MURDER ARE ALLOWED IF CANONICALLY SCRIPTED IN THE STORY LINE]
[OVERPOWERED CHARACTERS WITH ABSENCE OF FLAWS ARE FORBIDDEN; ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES MUST BE EARNED VIA PROGRESSION OF THE STORYLINE AND WHEN PERMITTED BY THE STORYLINE]
large
Professor: All anti-aircraft railguns are online and fully operational, Miss Starscout!
Rebel Mare: You really think they could hold off Opaline and her henchmare for much longer??
Professor: …I have NO idea, but it SURE beats fighting bare-naked!
Background Pony #83FA
Sunny Starscout: Phew!
Misty: She must not be able to enter the Brighthouse still. She never could do that.
Sunny Starscout: Good. That means the protection spell is still intact. At least here.
Zipp Storm: WAIT!
small
Inspector Mare: WHAT IS IT, Detective??!! Did you discover a chink in the fort??!!
small
Butler: Oh dear! I hope I remembered to lock the doors and windows tight beforehoof!
Pipp Petals: Wait for what?! Where are we going?! Zipp. Zipp. Equestria to Zipp! [chuckles]
small
Inspector Mare: DANG IT, Detective!! SAY SOMETHING!
small
Butler: What in the blazes is she pondering about now?
Pipp Petals: Zipp. Zipp! ZIPP! What are you doing?! Studying?!
small
Inspector Mare: This is NOT a good time to be reading Chevalia!!!
Background Pony #83FA
Zipp Storm: Showing you this! Ha! Ever since Elder Flower told us about the connected roots, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this picture!
It’s from the library back home in Zephyr Heights!
Inspector Mare: It’s the Ancient Tree of Harmony, the monument relic that has kept Equestria safe from the forces of evil since the dawn of Twilight!
Butler: By GOLLY! I think I had read something like this….back when I was studying in vocational school!
Background Pony #83FA
Pipp Petals: So… what am I looking at?
Zipp Storm: Underneath the tree. Roots that look like they power the ponies’ cutie marks, right?
Professor: You mean like….the Together Trees??
Sunny Starscout: Oh, I think I see where you’re going.
Zipp Storm: Three trees. The Maretime Bay Together Tree, Misty’s Together Tree in Zephyr Heights, and the Wishing Together Tree in Bridlewood. Three trees.
Professor: Are you saying that––these trees are ALL descendant clones of the Tree of Harmony??!!!
Inspector Mare: It all makes perfect sense now––she’s using those trees to tap in the Tree of Harmony for exponential sources of magic!!!
Background Pony #83FA
Zipp Storm: Somehow she tapped into the connection between the three, but I just can’t figure out how—
Misty: It’s not three trees.
It’s four
Sunny Starscout/Izzy Moonbow/Pipp Petals/Zipp Storm:

WHAT???!!!

Rebel Mare: Say WHAT NOW!?
Inspector Mare: FOUR??!!! But—HOW??!! How in oilsands’ sake do you know there be four of’em??!!
Background Pony #83FA
Misty: There’s a fourth tree. Opaline has her own magic tree in her throne room.
Professor: So THAT explains why her castle looked like it was taken over by a freak arboreal infestation!
Rebel Mare: She must had planted this on her own, so she could use that as a growing conduit to the other three trees after reaching full maturity!
Misty: But it’s not beautiful like the Together Trees. It’s dark and twisty.
Rebel Mare: ….and so…deprived of life…
Misty: [voiceover] It’s supposed to feed on unity magic, but it never worked because Opaline never found unity with anypony.
Professor: Until now…..
Background Pony #83FA
Misty: She’s never had a friend like—
Zipp Storm: Elder Flower!
Professor: WHAT??!!! You mean that ol’ geriatric NAG??!! How is that crazy coot gonna help stop Opaline from taking control of Equestria??!
Inspector Mare: She’s more of a screw loose pipe than my grand pappy, Detective!
Izzy Moonbow: [gasps] She’s not friends with Elder Flower?!
Foster Twins: GGASSSPPPPP, PLOT TWIIISSST!!!!
Background Pony #83FA
Zipp Storm: Uh, no! Elder Flower said they’re all connected. If our cutie mark magic is flowing through the roots of the trees…
Sunny Starscout: …then Opaline must be able to reach them through her own tree!
small
Professor: So THAT explains the officer’s weirdly suggestive descriptions! Those aren’t tentacles from Tartarus! These are mind-controlled tree roots!
Zipp Storm: So, she can travel through the trees and she’s using the trees to steal the cutie marks?!
small
Professor: That’s just––GENIUS!! Diabolical—but GENIUS!!!
small
Inspector Mare: So what are we all waitin’ for!? Let’s gather everypony here to UPROOT that tree off the ground!!
Gather as MANY chainsaws and torches if you can!! A bucket of diesel will help speed the process!
Then she will have NO more trees to teleport to!
small
Rebel Mare: I’m not sure if that’s a good idea. What if it fight backs even harder?!
Background Pony #83FA
Izzy Moonbow: WOAH! This is a LOT!
Colt Twin: It’s making my BRAIN hurt!
Filly Twin: So much unexplored lore!
Izzy Moonbow: Um… Hey, where did Hitch say he was gathering all the ponies again?
Inspector Mare: Don’t worry about it, Miss Moonbow! My sister, cousin and the Sheriff probably has that perimeter on lockdown like an oil firebreak!
Hehe…I hope…
Background Pony #83FA
[MUCH LATER ON]
Sunny Starscout: Oh, no! Not again! Not now!
Professor: (On his laptop) Why the hay is it glitching out right now?? Is their EMF interference emanating from my defence systems??
Misty: It… It doesn’t make any sense! The ponies are frightened, but they’re still working together!
Rebel Mare: Maybe there’s a growing number of ponies losing hope after losing their sense of identity, and it’s affecting our unity magic!
Sunny Starscout: It’s Opaline! It has to be! [gasps] She’s figured out a way inside!
Misty: That’s not possible! She’s not strong enough to break through the protection spell yet!
Sunny Starscout: What do you mean “yet”?
Rebel Mare: ––GGGGASSSSSSSPPPP!!!!!
Professor/Rebel: THE STOLEN CUTIE MARKS!!!!
Background Pony #83FA
Misty: If Opaline gets enough cutie mark magic, she’ll have enough power to break any spell and take all the magic!
small
Rebel Mare: Even powerful enough to take out the defence turrets??
small
Professor: DON’T dash our hopes too quickly!! She hasn’t met these defences one-on-one yet!
small
Rebel Mare: Because she will be abiding her own time to make sure she is well-prepared for them!
Sunny Starscout: UGH! That can’t happen! We can’t let Equestria lose their cutie marks and their pony magic, too!
small
Professor: So what do we do??? Fly our way out of this country?? The dragons are already gone—and the Marestream is still stuck back the isles!! It’ll take DAYS to travel to another landmass by boat OR on hoof!!
[glitching sounds]
Sunny Starscout: What defence would we have then?
small
Professor: I know the railguns may not sound as much to you, but it’s still better than no defense at all!
Background Pony #83FA
[MUCH LATER]
Misty: Oh, this is all my fault! I never should’ve come here! If I hadn’t helped Opaline, she never could’ve done all this!
Professor: Misty, STOP!! THere’s no use crying over the past now! You were a filly then! There was nothing you could do during your state of vulnerability!
Sunny Starscout: You can’t think like that. What were you supposed to do? Stay in that creepy lair forever by yourself?
Rebel Mare: Opaline would’ve thrown you out to the wilds anyway if she deemed you too useless for her plans…
Sunny Starscout: Besides, I’m the one who made us all leave. We never should’ve gone to the Isle of Scaly. We should’ve stayed here and protected Equestria.
Professor: We ALL did what we thought was best for Equestria, Sunny….
We can’t change the past now….all we can hope for now is figuring out how to change the future…
Rebel Mare: And right now, we need to have faith that these dragons had secured the Dragonstone before Opaline takes advantage of its power!
Background Pony #83FA
Misty: You’re a leader, Sunny. You always help everypony.
small
Rebel Mare: Even though you are not willing to do so, you just seem to find the right words to say in any kind of crisis, and push ourselves to become better ponies—AND dragons—-in the end…
Sunny Starscout: I’m not a leader. I’m just a pony. A pony who can’t ever stop stirring up trouble!
small
Professor: Strange. My old man told me those exact same words that Twilight Sparkle said before she became the Princess leader of Friendship—
And now it’s MY turn to tell you that you can follow in the hoof-steps of your heroine—and help the legends finish what she had started all those years ago!
Misty: Sunny, you know that’s not—
[heartbeat pulses]
[cold wind chills]
small
Rebel Mare: UHHHH, GIRLS??!! Why is the weather feeling so chilly all of a sudden??
Misty: [gasps] She’s back! Opaline’s here!
Sunny Starscout: How do you know?
Misty: I can feel it in my hooves. See it in my mind.
[evil laughter echoes in her head]
LordFlareon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

[MUCH LATER ON]
Sunny Starscout: Oh, no! Not again! Not now!
Professor: (On his laptop) Why the hay is it glitching out right now?? Is their EMF interference emanating from my defence systems??
Misty: It… It doesn’t make any sense! The ponies are frightened, but they’re still working together!
Rebel Mare: Maybe there’s a growing number of ponies losing hope after losing their sense of identity, and it’s affecting our unity magic!
The Deputy and Parole Officer better not be scaring them off!
Misty: You’re a leader, Sunny. You always help everypony.
small
Rebel Mare: Even though you are not willing to do so, you just seem to find the right words to say in any kind of crisis, and push ourselves to become better ponies—AND dragons—-in the end…
Sunny Starscout: I’m not a leader. I’m just a pony. A pony who can’t ever stop stirring up trouble!
Do you know why we’re all here right now? Because you stepped up and took action to change things when nopony else would! You’re the one who united us, just like a true leader would do!
Background Pony #83FA
Professor: My old man once said to me, “The best leader is borne from somepony who is the least willing to take charge, yet knows what is best for ponykind”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide