General Tag Discussion

radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
@Zeb  
As for the Pony Life shorts: They’re all Shorts, so I’m not sure on the need to specifically have a tag for pony life stop motion shorts, when it’s done by “my little pony: pony life, stop motion” if someone wants to be specific about which shorts they’re looking for/blocking.
I’m not completely against a tag for it, but I’m not sure it’s needed.

That kind of logic (“Instead of making a tag specifically for X, we’ll just rely on the existing tag for Y, because X and Y always go together”) is just asking for some kind of corner case to ruin it. Just off the top of my head, if one of the traditionally animated Pony Life shorts includes a brief bit of stop motion as a visual gag (like the original show did in a few episodes), then the “stop motion” tag will no longer work to distinguish between the two.

So I agree with @TexasUberAlles that it’s better to get the tags in place while the situation is more manageable, rather than just hoping it doesn’t become a problem (and ensuring that by the time it does become a problem, it’ll be harder to fix).
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Zeb  
So you and the mods gonna nuke it then?

Also this tag still hasn’t been nuked yet despite saying it would, could you do that too please?  
@icey wicey 1517  
It doesn’t seem to have any set rules or anything other then Fluttercord ocs that look a bit like Fluttershy, and the fact that it only seems to get added to images by BGPs.
Should we nuke it?
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@radpanic  
That seems like an extremely rare use-case.

And in the end, if we DO need to distinguish them, it would only be a few minutes to do the tagging. But right now it would just be uneeded bloat.

@icey wicey 1517  
Got rid of the fluttershy one. Want to at least wait for 1 other staff to weigh in on the Rarity one.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
If an image’s source only requires an account to view, does that warrant a useless source url tag? The image is definitely there, but (InkBunny) there’s a restriction on needing an account to see it. Example (Explicit!) >>1533525
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Word Bug
@Princess Trixie vi Equestria  
I tend to deploy it only when the link is a page that has no way of obtaining the image (like a discord image link, twitter image, etc).

Just wanted to make sure there wasn’t an official policy on otherwise indirect links.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Damaged  
I am in favour to add a proper description to useless source url tag to reflect this understanding specially if another staff can validate it.

Regarding this description, what would it be appropriate wording for it?
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Word Bug
@Princess Trixie vi Equestria  
It’d probably want to specify a few facts about the link.

That it’s a webpage  
It contains the uploaded image or offers a way to obtain the uploaded image (to cover art pack pages, age-gates, patreon pay-gates, etc).

Perhaps there could be other tags used for sources that have gates on them?  
pay-gate at source  
age-gate at source  
account-gate at source
Background Pony #8C70
@Damaged  
I would support that, but I’m not sure how to auto apply that to past images. It would be nice if possible.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Word Bug
@TheGlitchedWolf  
I’m not a mod >.>

I don’t think they should be error tags or anything, just regular tags. There’s also a good precedent for tags describing the source of an image in explicit source etc.
Background Pony #2768
@Damaged  
pay-gate > account-gate > age-gate > no-gate. Source link should point to the reliable source with the smallest gate.  
Is pay-gate at source for images for which the artist gave permission (e.g. to commissioner) to upload it here?
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Background Pony #F3C9

@ZONESS

@Frustration in Excelsis  
Hey everyone!

I have added a short description to Applejack’s Hat And done the full cleaning of Tallulah tag while adding the Applejack’s Hat one instead, the greatest majority of images indeed never warrant that tag to begin with and aj’s hat was better suitable.

Now I do not consider this an alias worthy case and I think this process is completed but if anyone thinks there’s anything else to be done here please voice it up~
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide