Monster Pony Thread (NSFW)

Mr100dragon100
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
if i want to create my own land set in the show of MLP FIM but i want to use creatures not seen in the show (especially mythical ones) how do i create an animal or use a mythical creature that would fit within the show’s world?
note: i want them to be like animals (like a fox or deer) but still based on a mythical creature
Posted Report
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Badumsquish
i tried but i either don’t want anything from hell, anything harmful or whatever just friendly ones or maybe i can somehow find friendly versions or at least neutral ones but i would have to research more
Posted Report
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Mr100dragon100
Honestly, you can change whatever you like about them to make anything you want work. Even the show does it: manticores in mythology are horrible human-faced lethal predators that shoot poisoned quills, not a winged lion that’s largely friendly and tamable, and their sphinx is a weird hodgepodge of two mythological creatures that act completely different, one being a benevolent protector deity of Egypt mythology and the other being a murderous curse sent by Hera in Greek mythology. Trust me, no one will argue if you take a creature of hell or a harmful one and just be like “this one’s not from hell” or “this one’s friendly” :P
Posted Report
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
well depending on the artist a manticore can have wings but that depends no I’m staying away from the hell creatures but i was thinking of an Egyptian crane or a leopard with a snake neck, i can go for Arabic creatures too
the show already used the sphinx and idk if there are any friendly ones but who knows
I’ll look it up soon, i just want something the show has not used i already thought about spirits even using creatures from mlp gen 1 as spirits but i don’t want to run into any problems with another artist or hasbro
Posted Report
Twifan
Silver Bit -
Happy Derpy! -

The “problem” people have with mythical creatures that haven’t appeared in a series like MLP is that everyone have their favorite version of that creature from some other series. Take the kobold for instance. In Dungeons and Dragons they are small lizard creatures who dig tunnels and worship dragons. But in World of Warcraft they are a small rat creature that dig tunnels and wear a wax candle on their head. Depending on which version a person is more found of, they may get angry if art based of the other version of the creature is used. Or any other version of the kobold is used that I haven’t even said.
Heck, the species known as satyr got a lot of people angry in the early MLP fan art era. People were use to satyr being only goat like creatures from their favorite series. Even though the classic myth had various different versions of them including quite a few of them being more horse than goat.
Point is, someone is going to be upset by a different version of the creature. No point in trying to make everyone happy. I think it is more important to make the creature look like it belongs in Equestria (at least, from your point of view).
Posted Report
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Twifan
i did not know people would get upset what i saying is that i don’t want a creature already in the show i want to be unique when it comes to creatures with my own design and i can’t use what is already in the show or creatures that would result in a different race when i plan to there be only 7 or want to avoid using ███████ creatures due to reasons so it’s kind of hard for me to choose unless i let myself take creative liberties but again I’ll get to it once i feel is necessary
an example i like to say is i plan to use the lock ness monster but as a spirit of a long-dead animal species, maybe the same goes for the giant sloth too
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Background Pony #1D75
they still appeared (i only focus on the show and mlp movie 2017) in the show and they are from another place i want creatures that are more animal-like and are either native or would migrate to the land (mostly flying, i added bugbear to the list but even at that seeing a bugbear there is rare) so i got to find friendly or neutral mythical creatures that would be a species of animal there
Posted Report
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Mr100dragon100
Honestly, the biggest bit of advice I can give you is two things. One is just don’t overthink it. Two is go all the way with whatever you come up with. Either take a creature, give its features to a pony, and then come up with some lore, or come up with a concept and find creature features to justify it :D
I’ll do one right now. How about a creature that feeds off of electricity, and bites into electrical wires to feed? So, to me, that’d have to be a creature that can either jump, climb, or fly, and would have to be smaller than a normal pony, so right off the bat I think insect. So spider ponies, ant ponies, fly ponies, and most bug ponies have been done, so what’s a biting insect that hasn’t been done yet? So I think, how about a tick? So now you have a tick pony, except instead of being gross and biting other creatures to suck blood, it is harmless to other creatures and latches onto electrical wires to feed. And, now we have a design: it’s butt is like a light bulb that grows bigger and glows brighter the more electricity it feeds on :D
So, you see what I did: I picked a core concept, picked features from the animal kingdom that reflect that behavior, and came up with something new. It’s harmless, it’s rooted in reality but fantastic and magical too, and its behavior and physical features logically line up. And if ticks are too gross, there’s no end of biting insects you could use instead :D
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
here are my ideas about using mythical creatures as animals (i tried to find some i hope they are from old stories and not just new creatures made up by someone on the internet)
Makalala (living) likes to eat dead things, is taller than an ostrich is petty much a terror bird (not a spirit)
lives in desert or plains
“lock ness” creature (extinct but shows up as spirit)
lives in rivers or sea
mapinguari (extinct giant sloth shows up as spirit)
lives in swamp
Bayfart: seal with facial hair like a walrus but with a horn on top of its head (or sacks that make noise) and two flippers at the end of the tail and long claws on the front legs lives in cold water
Aosagibi: shy birds that have iridescent feathers that shine in the moonlight in the mating season and like to live in wooded areas near a swamp, oasis or coast
this is what i came up with i hope i will do well
Posted Report
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Background Pony #1D75
no, but if i add her it would be awkward due to deer being one of the main foods for a creature in my AU (they are ponies who turn into wolves) so i can’t add her though i am thinking of adding flutter ponies
Posted Report
Twifan
Silver Bit -
Happy Derpy! -

@Badumsquish
That’s an adorable pair of images right there. Kind of a shame GMHAA isn’t holding on of the gifts in his other hand so we can have him give them both a gift at the same time in one picture.
Then again, we have yet to see those two in the same image at all. That’s something that will need to be fixed in the future.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D75
@Twifan
Would they even get along if they met each other…. Or maybe they already know each other and are rivals/ arch nemeses
Posted Report
Twifan
Silver Bit -
Happy Derpy! -

@Twifan
Would they even get along if they met each other…. Or maybe they already know each other and are rivals/ arch nemeses
They could be enemies. Or they could coworkers doing their own job like Ralph wolf and Sam sheepdog.
Just got to do the Angel vs Demon thing on the clock in the mortal realm to make a living. Nothing personal to either of them what they do to each other while on the job.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide