The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Marx  
Yup. The show portrays that humans have always been prejudiced against gargoyles because they look different even though the gargoyles just want to help protect the humans from dangers.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
Well, there are a number of things that make the prejudice allegory more prevalent. Either way, the show isn’t overly reliant on that and has more substance apart from it, which Z-O-M-B-I-E-S does not.

(Man, that title is a pain to type out.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheHappySpaceman  
Some of the gargoyles didn’t like humans either, (like Demona, whom fanatically wanted to destroy humanity) so it kinda goes both ways too, rather then just rely on the “humans are bastards” trope like some cartoons do. (Which I always thought was a toxic moral to teach kids, as not all people are bad.)

Zootopia kinda went both ways too, and wasn’t biased either. It’s better if they teach that prejudice can go both ways.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Beau Skunky  
Both were good at portraying their morals, yeah. I particularly loved how Gargoyles showed that while the majority of gargoyles didn’t hate humans, there were some fanatics who were opposed to humans like Demona.

Z-O-M-B-I-E-S, however, ultimately teaches the moral that the zombies shouldn’t fight back against their oppression and should just quietly wait for humans to start treating them better. Legit, that’s the main message I took from it. How the hell did that sit well with people in the 2010s?!
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
One thing I find kind of funny about turbo a power rangers movieis when they’re performing at the megazord it does actually look like a movie update with more detail drops but once they actually formed the megazord it transforms into the suit from the show
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@northern haste  
Honestly it does help that movie age better(lol). I remember when they tried to CGI the Megazord in the first Power Rangers movie and it looked absolutely awful. Heck I’d argue the Turbozord looks better than the new movie as well, though neither are really an accomplishment lol
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Kiryu-Chan  
It really only looks better when they are forming the megazord.  
The only thing I didn’t like about the 2017 megazord is that it didn’t look like it was made from the individuals zord
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide