Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I will never understand the appeal of unboxing videos. It’s just a guy opening the box of something he just bought, be it a video game, toy, or what have you.
atalarikt
Artist -

EqG fan + Love Liver
@Jarkes  
They’re good for people who either cannot afford to buy said things or haven’t bought them yet want to know what’s inside. I sometimes like to watch them, and think of making at least one.
Solitude
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Element of Generosity -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Jarkes  
I’ll never understand the appeal of a lot of videos on Youtube. My youngest brother for example is a fan of this series where a bunch of dudes mix a bunch of different foodstuff, eat it and eventually end up puking because of all the stuff they put in there. Apparently it’s fairly popular but I’m just “What the hell? Why would you do that?”.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
I don’t like Bill Gates.  
He pushed common core and a lot of his other actions strike me as social engineering nonsense.

I am also starting to wane on my libertarianism. I am not going to say my room mate experiences are not partly responsible (weed mang) but I think it takes a high trust society for granted.  
This is more a disagreement on broader macro structure and not economic policy.
uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
Unpopular opinion:  
The door to internet outrage machine swings both ways and if you swing it too hard it’ll smack you back in the face.

What I mean by this is that political groups have gotten too accustomed to the idea of that the internet is constantly fighting and are trying to swing the drama door in their favor. The problem with trying intentionally try to take advantage of it is that the internet isn’t a hivemind, it’s more of a mindhive. Let’s say theoretically you’re a part of a political extremist group; you try to intentionally start a shitstorm on the internet, there’s a 99% probability the door is just going to smack you back in the face so hard that it’ll break your nose.

To use a non-political example; a couple of weeks ago there was offered paid modding for Skyrim. The makers of skyrim obviously knew that there was going to be a shitstorm over it, but the problem is that they thought the shitstorm would be in their favor and that it would drive sales upwards. . . needless to say the backlash was so hard that it knocked them off their feet and made them smash their head into the concrete and give them a broken nose and a concussion.

Essentially what I’m getting at is: too many politically motivated groups and companies are assuming that 100% if there is a internet drama shitstorm that it will be in their favor, when in reality it drastically depends on context of the situation. There are situations where shitstorms have worked for groups but for every one occasion of this working out there’s twenty where the political group got their skull smashed in.

Tl:dr; if you’re a company of political group don’t assume internet shitstorms will be in your economic favor.
Solitude
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Element of Generosity -

@Whatevs  
I know. But he’s seventeen. You know what kids that age are like. I remember back when both my brothers were younger and they were all “South Park! South Park!” because it had swearing and death and all that stuff kids that age think is “awesome” and “cool” and “gnarly” and whatnot. I’ve never cared for SP. Nor Family Guy, American Dad or anything that goes for vulgar/toilet humor as it’s mainstay.

@SeraphimDawn  
Preaching to the choir, amigo.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide