Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
I just finished watching the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I’ve now watched all three of those films.

As works of art I think they’re great. They’re beautiful films and each one is more impressive and creative than the last. El Indio’s theme from For A Few Dollars More is one of my favourite leitmotifs in all of film at this point. I really like the second film in general.

I do not get Clint Eastwood. Especially not in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

For one, he’s an asshole, and yet he’s classed as “The Good” in the Titular Triumvirate.

He’s introduced taking part in a racket where he pretends to capture a wanted criminal, brings him in to collect on the reward money, then frees him so he can pretend to capture him again and repeat the process in another town.

Eventually, he decides to break off their relationship by fucking over the criminal and taking all the reward money, leaving the criminal abandoned and tied up in the middle of nowhere.

I’m then supposed to care when the criminal starts trying to kill him.

Beyond the halfway point of the film, he holds basically all the cards in the plot and walks all over both Tuco (The Ugly) and Angel Eyes (The Bad) without even really trying. He has no arc, no moral dilemma, no struggle. He’s just a badass and the smartest man in the room, and gets everything he wants.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Why would anyone have a problem with dancing? Heck I’m one of the most introverted people out there and even I can dance if I put my mind to it. Sometimes I dance to myself to keep myself sane

Seriously you have to be real anti-fun for that
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Myoozik

Well, in a way, cookies are bread but with no yeast. I like bread, but I like cookies more because of the crunchie sensation.

:3

But a chocolate donut is always welcome.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Paramore’s newer stuff is okay, but I kind of miss when they played loud rock.

Them removing “Misery Business” from their setlists really doesn’t help matters.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
True. I mean, this was the same server that was convinced that all superhero media is pro-eugenics, so I’m honestly surprised that enough of them liked MHA to want to debate me on that.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
The worst part is that Deku isn’t the only character I hate in that series. Todoroki is someone I hate as well, him and his angst. Ochako is basically the Sakura of MHA; utterly useless in order to make other characters look better.

Fuck, I actually like Bakugou and Mineta. Mineta!!!
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
These takes are only sometimes there, and usually from the same group of woker-than-thou people.

@Silent_Witness  
Actually, on that note, I don’t like the vast majority of audience surrogate characters. The intention is for me to relate to them, but I’ve never had an easier time relating to people who are like me. I’d much rather watch a character who has a unique personality than one who is so bland that it could be 90% of the viewers.

Deku manages to be the worst of both worlds: He’s bland enough to be an audience surrogate, but also what little personality he does have (the wimpiness) makes him so unrelatable that I just want him offscreen.

@Scrabbleman  
Eh, I disagree with the other characters. Todoroki is basically Zuko, so it’s pretty hard to screw him up. Ochako is also okay, but then again I’ve only watched two seasons. Can’t stand Bakugo and Mineta, though.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@TheHappySpaceman

Although ironically, it’s actually Todoroki’s father who’s the one getting the redemption arc. (It’s surprisingly nuanced too from what I’ve heard; much like Zuko, they acknowledge that even though he’s make a legitimate effort to become a better person, he can’t simply expect to be easily forgiven for all he’s done)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide