General Anime Thread

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
Turns out the “Devil” thing wasn’t the main focus at the kiosk. It’s a one-second clip along side some other non anime McDonald’s clips to promote something. At least I got my lunch, even thought they didn’t read the “no onions” part but I ended up eating them anyway. Guess maybe I just don’t like pickles after all and next time I go I’ll just ask for light onions instead of none.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
People need to get their head out of their ass and realize that the latest episode of Jobless Reincarnation wasn’t making a pro slavery statement. Rather, it was showing how Rudy was unfamiliar with such a thing.
It’s kinda like how in Spice and Wolf where Lawrence views slavery as a means of making profit. Both series aren’t making pro slavery statements, but rather the main characters are out of their depth when it comes to slavery and so they struggle grasping how awful it truly is.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
@Holofan4life
There’s a non-insignificant portion of people online that believe the mere presence of morally reprehensible acts in a piece of fiction means the author supports those acts, if only tacitly, regardless of their context, or even if they’re openly condemned in the narrative. As if the fictional depiction of such acts carries the same weight them committing them in the real world would.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Ever since last year, I started trying to watch all the Ghibli movies. Specifically, going to theaters to see them with a group of people. It’s been this time waster of mine as an anime of over 10 years and it’s been a lot of fun.
After today when I see The Wind Rises, I’ll have seen 10 of the 15 films worked on by Hayao Miyazaki. The only two directed by Hayao Miyazaki that I wouldn’t have seen yet is the Lupin 3 film and his latest one.
Here’s how I would rank them.
  1. Spirited Away
  2. Kiki’s Delivery Service
  3. My Neighbor Totoro
  4. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
  5. Princess Mononoke
  6. Porco Rosso
  7. Howl’s Moving Castle
  8. Castle in the Sky
  9. Ponyo
None of these films I would say are bad. And something I appreciate about some of the early films like Nausicaä and Castle is there’s a message behind them. It doesn’t have the Wizard of Oz type philosophy where stuff happens and that’s that and you’re there for the spectacle of it all with not much in the way of story. Not that that’s a bad thing or anything, I think Spirited Away and Kiki and Totoro all exceed at doing that sort of thing, it’s just I really like satire and Nausicaä in particular I feel is strong in that. Mononoke also kinda had that as well, which I liked.
As for my favorite Ghibli movies, here’s a top 3.
  1. Spirited Away
  2. Only Yesterday
  3. Kiki’s Delivery Service
The big omission is Grave of The Fireflies, which I still have not seen. I plan on seeing it when it comes to theaters, presumably next year. It’s the one big Ghibli film that I still have not seen, which sucks because I know it will most likely be my favorite out of all of them due to my love for good writing and satire on war.
I really can’t stress enough how underrated I feel Only Yesterday is. It’s a coming-of-age story, but also a tale of growing up and moving on and finding peace with yourself. It’s a shame that’s the one movie that took forever to get a proper dub, because it’s so good.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
I’m on the last episode of the first season of Aggretsuko. I doubt Retsuko’s gonna be with “space cadet”. Seriously, how does that guy still have a job if he’s always spacing out?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
What happens when a legendary studios decide to show what hand drawn animation could do right as CGI was first really taking hold, and flexed so hard they went into bankruptcy for it?
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I just watched episode 22 of 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist for the first time. That may be one of the best episodes to a show I’ve ever seen.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

The one single reason why I think the One Piece Live Adaptation is worth it.
No but seriously it’s not bad at all. CGI Quality is decent enough to be a mainstream tv show, and the dialogues have a much better flow than “anime dubs.”
It’s okay. It’s actually okay. Which is a high praise considering One Piece is probably the least likely to be adapted in Live Action considering how goofy it is with its character design and setting.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Checking out the Macross franchise again.
It’s far from a niche series, but man it’s a disappointment it never had the hype of other big names. Really Macross 7 is the only “meh” title to the name, all the rest is quality stuff.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
I just preordered tickets for “Howl’s Moving Castle” and “Spirited Away”, the final two movies for Ghibli Fest 2023.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide