The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
There were massive shitfits when those character’s triple D boobies got “shrunk” to a more reasonable D cup. Horny boys got so mad

And they didn’t even shrink them, they gave her a sports bra to constrict them since she’s an athletic type character.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@The Frowning Pony  
Why is it okay for one side to complain about how female characters look, while when one is saying They don’t have to change are just “Horny boys”? It’s always just the Them with many.

Why are you omitting women who liked these designs and have their voice stolen by those telling these women that those characters are “bimbos” to you and those you agree with?

Do you hate them?

I mean it was a women that rouse attention that Jill’s ‘classic outfit’ wasn’t the ture costume making it just inspired and quite frankly misleading. meaning she would have played the original, but the “champions of women” in the gameosphere as they like to call themselves Responded in a way that I feel this clip sums it up Kotaku usually covering the TOXIC MEN attacking women in gaming, and yet… silence

I mean we need more women in gaming…. Unless they don’t let us speak on their behalf, I guess.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
Don’t act like suddenly games are missing out on “hot” females in them; some just want to have more realistic visuals, and that tends to include giving characters realistic proportions.

I don’t care myself if girls in games look “realistic” or not if it’s not a realistic game, but it seems you certainly do given all these complaints (and insults, “ogre”) about a woman in a post apoc setting being jacked; keep in mind this Abby character is almost certainly accurately modeled after a real person.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@The Frowning Pony  
what does “Realistic” proportions even supposed to mean, and why is it only a one-way standard?  
If you want to go that way, Abby’s not realistic given the numerous shortages in the world.  
And why is Ellie able to take down men that weight far more then her with punches? Why is it only her physical look that should be “realistic” and not her physical ability?

If you don’t care? Why do you always attack people that do?  
Honest question, because it’s comes off as disingenuous

And Why should I want realism in escapism? That should only really matter if it’s based on true events.  
I don’t think a normal person could survive what Drake deals with.

We just wanted to play video games, but to so many there’s something wrong with us for not caring about “realism” in fiction.

Jacked to the point she nearly mirrors Senator Armstrong in an apocalypses also doesn’t feel realistic- And you did start with people only want “bimbos” before I used that word, How do you those “Bimbos” weren’t modeled after real people?
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
It’s possible, and this might shock you, for different games to have different styles. Not every game has to cater to people that want anime-esque proportions on their characters. In fact, there are thousands of titles with such a style, and I’m really not sure why there’s such a fuss that this one game isn’t going for that and deciding “hey, we want a female character that looks like a weight lifter”. There are so many games out there to satisfy your need for escapism in so many different ways that it’s just petty that this one single game not providing the exact flavor of escapism you want deserves all these rants.

Also come on, “it doesn’t fit the setting”? Weak, the setting is whatever the developers want it to be, and I remember pretty well that the organization this Abby belonged to was, well, organized. I don’t understand how it’s so unfathomable that over the years they’d find and keep a decent gym and figure out how to get food.

You can point out which character modeled after a person I called a bimbo if you want.

@Penguin Dragneel  
You don’t have any points or counters or anything of value, you just reply with non-sequiturs and failed attempts at gotchas.

As for being rude, jesus christ my dude, what thread have you been reading? It’s been years and years of posts filled with seething rage, disdain, disgust, and insults towards “SJWs” and whoever else doesn’t comply with the demands you people have for “your” media. You’d think with so much time and energy put towards complaining about how games, comics, and movies are made there’d be something to show for it other than impotent words on a my little pony forum.
Background Pony #81F5
Abby’s size is pretty unrealistic for that world, but I don’t that to be a big deal. It is still better then some 120 pound girl going toe to toe with some 200 pound guy.
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
So now realism doesn’t matter if the writers say it’s not?

Realistic bodies matter. Until they don’t.

Story elements matter. Until they don’t.

If that’s all, then why isn’t there mechs and dragons running around? The writers could easily put them if If they want.

There’s few reasons why in-universe canon should be ignored, and usually one is fanfiction.

Really getting familiar vibes here.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
It’s a game with mushroom zombie people, it’s realistic as the writers feel it should be, and looks as realistic as the artists want.

And I still am struggling to understand how the concept of a gym is so seemingly impossible to accept in the game’s setting.
Background Pony #674C
@The Frowning Pony  
For me the gym isn’t what makes her unrealistic, just the amount of effort and calories it would take for a woman to reach that size. It is very difficult for a woman now to do it, but doing so during the aftermath of an apocalypse just makes it seem a bit out of place. It isn’t really a big deal though.
dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -

both protags of the last of us 2 look hot idk what you’re all butthurt about smh  
good luck finding a feminine tradwife btw

It’s funny how anti-sjws were for so long like: “make your own games”  
And then we did.

Now they’re even more mad.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@The Frowning Pony  
Ah okay. I honestly am not a fan of most of these “anti-sjws” because they’re just reactionists; they don’t actually care and is just part of an outrage culture, just a different one. It’s like seeing a poor person hate other poor people and calling them lazy.

It’s why I rarely watch any videos about them. They all have the same shtick; sarcastic, angry and full of themselves. You know, like SJWs.
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
both protags of the last of us 2 look hot idk what you’re all butthurt about smh
good luck finding a feminine tradwife btw

Jesus Christ, dude. Keep your fetish somewhere else. No one needs to know.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@dissociativity  
You just called the two protagonists hot, even though one of them is definitely still a child. The other might not even be a trans and yet, you complain about “finding a feminine tradwife”.

Don’t. This ain’t 4chan.
Cyborg_pony

Something of note I should call to attention.

The ones that started the need for games to have “Realistic” Depictions.

full

Tend to love unrealistic depictions, when it’s them.

Never gets old. :3
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Scrabbleman  
I think 2 happens several years after 1, enough for her to not be a “child”.

@Cyborg_pony  
No, they aren’t the ones that started anything. People have been wanting more realistic depictions of women in games since before 3D games were a thing, you just find it easier to blame a handful of already unlikable people for it.

I guess people that were happy Dark Souls has “practical” armor for both sexes or that R6 has the women in the same kind of gear as the men are woek/SJWs/“them” as well, right? And I can’t imagine what you might think of Crystal Dynamics and their redesign of Lara Croft… though it would be fucking hilarious if they’d kept the old design with the more realistic visuals, I’ve gotta admit.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@The Frowning Pony  
She will always be a child in my eyes… She’s also a very useful companion in the game, finding bullets and stuff.

Though, playing as her was shit. She was small and weak which meant she couldn’t physically bulldoze through her enemies like Joel did.
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
Yeah, it’s just happened that every journo started talking about right around the time she showed up and every company hired her just out of shits and giggles… I believe that as much as Schreier saying it was the Infamous hacker group 4Chan using an exploit from an old ND game to hack into their servers to steal LoU2 data.

However ever that works.

And you know what they say; those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Of course they still do, and then yell at “Toxic fans” for the shattered glass and cuts.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide