Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
I could’ve sworn there were more of those, or at least in the first SMG.

Surprisingly, goombas are very rare in the Yoshi’s Island games, sometimes never appearing at all. Meanwhile, Shy Guys are common in Yoshi games, yet rare in Mario games. (Oftentimes only appearing in RPGs, or spinoff sports/racing/party games.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Honestly, Super Mario Odyssey feels like you’re visiting other dimensions, much like in “Super Paper Mario,” whith how oddly different, or realistic some stages are, especially New Donk City, which reminds me of Sonic Adventure’s Station Square kinda.

Oddly, a scrapped concept for “Super Mario Sunshine” was to have realistic humans in it.
09MurphyM

One thing that I noticed when playing odyssey on assist mode is that it does not work during the lost kingdom segment after you have rescued Cappy.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Y’know, I recently watched JonTron’s old “Top 10 Game commercial” video, (for a moment, let’s ignore the controversy surrounding him) but it kinda makes me cringe on that part where he badmouths the original SuperNES game “Super Mario Kart.”  
I understand the game probably hasn’t aged well for those whom grew up with more modern 3D takes of the series, and the Mode-7 flat 3D terrain effect may seem dull/outdated to some…

But still, honestly the game isn’t as primitive as some make it out to be. As a kid, I remember being amazed at just being able to turn your kart completely backwards, and even being able to drive backwards on the track, or go any direction. Something you couldn’t do with most retro racing games back then.  
It really gave you a sense of a more real-time three dimensional depth, and like you’re not just on some animated treadmill that can only move forwards. (So honestly, it’s aged much better then most other retro racing games.)

So I feel I’m one of the few whom can appreciate the old Mode-7 effect in games like it, F-Zero, the original Pilotwings, and Final Fantasy 6.

Also, the split screen rear-view/map display is honestly something I wish was an option for modern Mario Kart games. I know you can change the camera backwards briefly, but that can honestly be disorienting sometimes…

I also like how each SMK character has their own theme song when they win, another minor feature, I miss. So the first Mario Kart still has some nice unique features modern ones lack. I also like how you can jump skid to build up speed, without having to constantly hold down the shoulder button, and wiggle the direction sideways back and fourth, which later games relied on too much.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Typhoon2000  
It is, I like how it blends classic Super Mario action/platforming/sandbox/3D-collectathon gameplay with many unorthodox & new things, as well.

Sure some concepts like say buying/collecting/wearing new outfits for Mario aren’t entirely original, or new. (Costumes are all the rage in other popular games like “Fortnite.”) Though, they’re still a nice new fun feature for Mario, and many of the costumes pay homage to Mario’s history. (Like the “Mario Paint” outfit or “QiX” Spanish sombrero outfit.)

I kinda wish SSB had more unlockable or even cheap DLC outfits for characters, like say “Dry Bowser” for Bowser, Mrs. Pac-Man, or Metal Sonic for Sonic. It’d also kinda save on echo fighter spaces.  
And for that matter, I’m a teeny-weeny bit disapointed of the “Fire Mario” costume/color-swap being removed from SSB Ultimate. (Fire Luigi, and Ice Luigi are still in.)
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
Mario Kart Ultimate, new racers, Dr. Mario, E. Gadd, Fawful, Stanly, Dixie, K.Rool, Cranky, Tiny, Syrup, Ashley, Zelda, Ganondorf, Linkle, Octoling, Tom Nook, Kirby

Every new racer returning… they show everybody but DKjr. Who bursts out of the wall all grown up looking something like N64 Funky.

full
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Shepherd  
Wait, are those real, or fan speculation?

Stanley? As in the forgotten “Donkey Kong 3” arcade hero Stanley the bug man? It’d be nice to see him again.

As well as seeing RPG characters like Fawful, outside the RPGs for once.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Shepherd  
Oh, frankly I doubt we’ll see any of those characters as the Mario main series tends to ignore the spinoff DK, Wario, RPG, ect. characters.

Even E.Gadd rarely appears outside the “Luigi’s Mansion” trilogy.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide