Super Smash Bros General Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #6B54  
Nice to see some enthusiasm, I was afraid everybody would be mad like with the Blythe drama.

Granted, even popular, or highly requested SSB characters have their haters…  
I remember some were angry over Solid Snake & Sonic being added to Brawl. Meanwhile, alot of Japanese fans complained about Li’l Mac. (Seeing as “Punch-out!!” isn’t very popular there.)  
Isabelle had a li’l drama too, and some were even upset over the highly requested Ridley getting in.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Beau Skunky  
I’m not mad at Byleth introduction but let’s face it. That’s not the character that everybody wanted out of this pack.

Also Arms isn’t very Popular. So yeah having a character from the game might be a good thing.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dirty Bit  
@igotnopicks  
I understand being disapointed, but still some overreacted over it, and some even tried to bash/attack Sakurai over it. (And it probably wasn’t even entirely his decision.)

And a character doesn’t have to be popular to be in SSB. Heck, I didn’t know whom “Joker” was.  
As I said in the other gamer thread, I actually like alot of the obscure WTF fighters in the SSB series.
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
Well, my ideal choice would be the Docter. Mostly just out of how much I want a lady villain, my saner guess is Min min.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@igotnopicks  
I doubt there’ll be anger, though. Byleth got so much hate because Fire Emblem was already the third most represented series in the game, while Arms only has an assist trophy and some spirits.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Shepherd  
Hehe nice.

@Background Pony #6B54  
Yeah, they put a SSB nod in the movie.

@09MurphyM  
They don’t all have to be though, (I kinda wanted a new first-party character) and technically isn’t “Fire Emblem” a “second party” series, seeing as they have to credit Intelligent Systems, whom make those games?

In fact. Pokémon is second-party too, when you think about it, as the Pokémon Company is a separate entity from Nintendo. That’s why Pokémon has more merchandise then Mario & stuff too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Prince Areo  
I think we’d be the only ones in it, nobody else here seems to remember, or love Bonk as much as we do.

I must add, a li’l sad the TurboGrafX-16 Mini (developed by M2, the same developers whom made the great Sega Genesis Mini) was delayed due to the virus scare.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Well with ARMS being the newest dlc announcement, I came up with some ideas for material to come with the new character.

Spirits:

Master Mummy - Donkey Kong  
Stage - Dracula’s Castle  
Conditions - opponent’s health recovers over time

Mechanica - Samus  
Stage - Shadow Moses Island  
Conditions - Metal coat

Kid Cobra - Greninja  
Stage - Moray Towers  
Conditions - Invisible Lucas using only grabs

Helix - Inkling  
Stage - Frigate Orpheon  
Conditions - Ditto pokeball

Lola Pop - Jigglypuff  
Stage - Town and City  
Conditions - mostly shields

Misango - Simon  
Stage - Temple  
Conditions - Victini pokeball

Byte & Barq - R. O. B.  
Stage - Delfino Island  
Conditions - Chain Chomp Assist Trophy

Dr. Coyle - Bayonetta  
Stage - Wily Castle  
Conditions - uses smash attacks mostly

Max Brass - Giant Little Mac  
Stage - Find Mii  
Conditions - hard to launch

Classic Mode: (Fighters who use only their fists)  
  1. Little Mac [Boxing Ring]  
  2. Ryu [Suzaku Castle]  
  3. Lucario [Pokemon Stadium 2]  
  4. Captain Falcon [Port Town Aero Dive]  
  5. Donkey Kong [Kongo Jungle]  
  6. Terry [King of Fighters Stadium]  
  7. Galleom

ARMS stage - Ramen Bowl  
    Music:  
    Grand Prix  
    Spring Stadium  
    Ribbon Ring  
    Ramen Bowl  
    Scrapyard  
    Snake Park  
    Buster Beach  
    Sparring Ring
bg poni
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Dr_Osaka  
I think Bowser Jr./Wendy could be Mechanica too, as someone who sits in a mech of sorts with fist attachments. I like the Ramen Bowl pick, I don’t think we have a bowl shaped stage in Smash yet, closest might be Green Hill. The camera might be a problem if it needs to be raised to see into the bowl though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide