Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

Sonic Discussion

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Started a new game on Sonic Adventure. It’s too bad that the PS3 version really DOESN’T look all that great despite using the DX version as the basis. They made everything WAY too bright (even brighter than the DX version already was). And I swear I will never understand how it fucked up the ice cave leading to IceCap, going from the proper clear color of ice to an eye-searing blue, which didn’t even happen in the actual IceCap level.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Jarkes  
Huh, shame as Sega is usually better at making remakes… Though, usually when they have a co-developer like M2, or Christian Whitehead’s team. (Shame they don’t do 3D games.)

@E-123  
I have this odd feeling some Sonic fans are going to be triggered by that image somewhere. “Sonic isn’t ’merican!”  
(To be fair, Sega actually does consider Sonic an “American” franchise, because it’s not very popular in Japan. He was even tailer made to appeal to Americans, hence his colors being red, white, and blue.)
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

It’s especially odd because the PS3/XB360/Steam version of Adventure 2 actually looks really good. Among other things, it was properly upscaled to 16:9 and HD, and actually does improve the lighting (though it still mostly uses the Gamecube version as the basis).
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Y’know, I never did finish the Runaway Guys’ LP of Sonic Adventure… I should really do that at some point.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I also remember hearing that the initial Japanese release of the Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure had even MORE glitches and camera issues than the North American release or later versions of the game.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
And I beat Sonic’s story again. Surprisingly, this time around I actually managed to beat the Egg Viper on my first try.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, I’m pretty sure that the “Fin” title cards at the end of each story WEREN’T updated in the DX version or later re-releases.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
So, we have some news guys

SONIC IS GOING TO HAVE A NEW ANIMATED SERIES

Sonic Mania Adventures Production Manager revealed on instagram that a new animated Sonic series is in development. It’ll feature Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy going on brand new adventures.

full

But what brings me the question is… No Sonic Boom anymore?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@E-123  
@Scrabbleman  
The “Boom” TV series has been over for awhile now. Like every Sonic show adaptation, fans were divided on it. Some loved it’s characters’ personalities, and meta humor, (some aimed at older longtime Sonic fans) while others thought it wasn’t serious/dark enough, episodes were too short, didn’t like the character redesigns, (which were done to differentiate the series from the games & comics) and an insult to the Sonic series.

(Meanwhile, some complain the same thing about AoStH, the first Sonic TV show, and complain about the opposite for the others.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Scrabbleman  
As a Sonic fan myself, I’m very well aware of that.

Heck, some Sonic fans are STILL mad that Sonic is in SSB, because they feel he “sold out” to Nintendo AKA “Sega’s enemy.”  
Some fans are really stuck in the ‘90s.

Meanwhile, some are bashing “Sonic Mania” for being “too retro,” or “nostalgia pandering.” (I kinda hate that term, as some are just using it to justify hating longtime series.)

@Angrybrony  
If it is, I’m curious if fans will enjoy it, or if some more modern Sonic fans will hate it.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Jarkes  
Me either. Figured it was just in mid-season hiatus. Oh well, I only watched like one episode. (the one with Shadow) I should have guessed with TOMY’s Boom toys fading as they started making Modern stuff.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@LightningBolt  
It’s funny how Shadow, and Metal Sonic are the only serious parts in the show. In fact, “Boom” actually marks Metal Sonic’s first appearance in a Sonic TV show. (Aside from the OVA. Similarly, he has no voice in either.) Despite being a popular character, especially in the Archie Comics.

I kinda liked “Boom’s” more villainous take on Shadow. Odd, they didn’t tweak his design much like other characters. (Though, fans that hate change might’ve prefered that.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide