Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

Sonic Discussion

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Okay, but hear me out. When you consider that Marine appears to have water powers, imagine if she used the Sol Emeralds to become…

Aqua Marine.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, I pretty much always switch to Burning Blaze at the beginning of the Egg Wizard fight and stick with her for the full battle. Super Sonic’s reflection kick attack is too hard to get the timing right on.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Jarkes  
Only problem with sticking with one character is, they do less damage during certain phases of the battle, so it’s quicker if you do switch.

@Jarkes  
Somebody has to draw her super form now. lol
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Jarkes  
Yeah, that’s why the final boss switches attacks patterns so much.

It’s a shame they never expanded on Marine’s powers, as it could’ve made her a unique playable, or sidekick for Blaze.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
And already beat the Egg Wizard. Damn, and I just started this file on like Friday.
…That water bullet thing Marine suddenly does in the end still really annoys me. Did she have water powers the WHOLE time? If she did, why did she never use them before?
Not that this will never be answered, since despite the ending going on about how they’d see Marine again, she never appeared in the series ever again, and they seem to have completely forgotten about Blaze being from another dimension too.

I am glad that I wasnt the only one confused after this scene. For a moment I thought Marine throwed a rock or something, but after playing the ending again, it was an in fact a ki blast attack.

I was so confused, I thought she did this is the previous game, but it didnt happen. This attack was never mentioned again, not even in her short appareance in the comics. Many people didnt like her so I am not surprised why she disappeared. She was so annoying that even in the comics nobody couldnt stand her, even the off-panel made fun of it. TWO TIMES:

full

full
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
It will never not baffle me that people think that the Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure looks better than the Gamecube version. It doesn’t.

PS3/XB360/Steam version I’ll give you, but the Gamecube version looks much better.

I know I rant about this a lot here, but I can’t help it.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Jarkes  
Rant more, I’m curious.

I agree, btw, I prefer the less-shiny character model textures in the DC version, but otherwise I prefer the GC versions, even the models. Also the DC game gave me motion sickness.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@LightningBolt

Let me put it this way: the only comprehensive guide of the differences between the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions is titled “The Sonic Adventure DX Sins Project” and is HORRIBLY biased against the Gamecube version.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Jarkes  
Despite the GameCube version having a li’l more content, (including every Game Gear Sonic game included as unlockables as a nice bonus) most prefer the Dreamcast version, as it’s based on a more refined bug-fixed version.

A decade, or so back, I once mentioned I had the GameCube version to somebody online when we were discussing games, and he was all, “Oh HELL NO!” I asked him what was wrong with it. He began to rattle off all of the game’s “game breaking bugs,” all of which I’ve never encountered before, and I even tried to trigger a few, and couldn’t get them to work.

I think honestly, some like to exaggerate how “bad” some Sonic games are.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@LightningBolt  
Some enjoyed Knuckles’ infinite jump glitch in “Rise of Lyric.” A writer for the SB TV series even joked about it.

We also had the green “Ashura the hedgehog” glitch in Sonic 2, (which apparently inspired Scourge the Hedgehog) and such as other examples of fun glitches.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, apparently the stages picked for Generations were the result of fan polls that Sonic Team sent out while it was in production. That’s why there’s so many city stages and why Seaside Hill is there. And there were plans for more handheld stages in the 3DS version, but it didn’t work out for whatever reason.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Y’know, I love Sonic Rush’s soundtrack, but thanks to the DS’s poor sound compression, the lyrics for most of them are almost incomprehensible and impossible to understand what they’re singing.
Background Pony #2C3E
@Jarkes  
Not to mention Sonic and Blaze are so loud with their trick moves that you can barely hear the music.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide