Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Sectioned
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
Why are you insisting that a wall that might take years to build is more important than securing our ports, airports, or having customs and the coast guard operating at their normal levels?

I’m not? What’s the reason we can’t have both? Because fuck Trump?  
Why are you ok shutting down entire divisions of our nation’s anti-terrorism mechanism – the parts that do almost all of the actual catching of terrorists and illegal drug trafficking?

The other option is to cuck to the democrats and not get funding for your wall. Too bad, you don’t give me my funding and the government shuts down. That’s what happens. It’s called standing your ground. And I don’t like the shutdown any more than you do, but I”m glad Trump sacked up and refused to compromise on his promise to build a wall.

A government shutdown is not the end of the world. Some non essential employees aren’t going to be paid on time, that’s it.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Other than the cost itself, I still don’t see what the problem is with the wall.

It’s a wall. There’s no need to go crazy about it.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Scrabbleman  
First off you can’t build it right at the border because of various treatise and laws, and yeah dude lots of people live right up against the border there is even a golf course that would be split in half by a wall,
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@igotnopicks  
Are they hermits or something? Great Sages who hide the secret of immortality? I will not believe there exists a living town at the border that doesn’t have some border control.
Sectioned
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
First off you can’t build it right at the border because of various treatise and laws

So what? Then we cross that bridge when we come to it, that’s not a reason to can the whole project! We can build where we’re allowed to now, and work out the conflicting details later, what’s wrong with that?
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@kyle2252  
allot of illegals only migrate in for temp work then leave to wait for the next season, doing work that no american would ever be willing to do for those low of wages, if they have to work harder to get in and out they may choose to just stay longer and send the money home, remember more people are leaving then entering right now making it harder only discourages this, so your stupid steel slats, wall whatever that mostly exists to appease racist fuckwits like that one fucking buffoon who was scared the refugee caravan members would buy up all the lakefront property in like fucking minnesota can feel better, it’s a stupid thing that wastes money to do at best nothing,
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@kyle2252  
The TSA, Coast Guard, Customs, and C-TPAT are not “non essential employees”.

What good is a wall going to do if the people guarding that wall are furloughed?
Sectioned

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
allot of illegals only migrate in for temp work then leave to wait for the next season, doing work that no american would ever be willing to do for those low of wages

Americans can and do, do that work. The minimum wage does not change based on your migration status, unless you are working ILLEGALLY, and therefore being EXPLOITED.  
wall whatever that mostly exists to appease racist fuckwits like that one fucking buffoon who was scared the refugee caravan members would buy up all the lakefront property in like fucking minnesota can feel better, it’s a stupid thing that wastes money to do at best nothing,

what a load of shit.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@Thanotos Omega
What private land? It’s at the very border of the US! A DESERT! Who the fuck lives there?!

Plenty of people. There’s people living up right up against the Rio Grande. These people would also be cut off from the US itself. There’s also tribal land that spans both side of the border that the wall would bisect. There’d actually be many Imminant Domain suites made to get the land to build the wall across. It’d be an all new episode of drama that would go on and on.

And at the end of the day, all you got is a symbol. As pointed out earlier the primary vehicle for drugs isn’t across the border by land but by sea in container ships or by airplane. Hell, that was the primary method for exporting cocaine into the US by the Contras: via air. Either by independent smugglers in small private airplanes to small private airfields and flying low to duck radar or per the Contras in legit CIA airplanes to CIA airfields; but that’s a whole other thing.

The issue really with the immigrants is that yes, they suppress wages. But not by flooding the labor market as is often shouted about. But the criminalization of immigrant labor by the 70’s-80’s became a way to shut down Unions and weaken the labor movement which could have boiled over into a new period of radicalization because these people came to the US with an entirely different experience of capitalism than the people working here, and a far more radical notion of collective action. Making it illegal to be a migrant labor not within accepted contract labor supply companies means that these people can get authorities summoned on them before they organize and send them back home, or chase them off before they form a more serious Farmeorker’s Association and really do bump up wages for everyone and improve worker conditions.

But the migrant laborers then could still move around more. Until ICE was created and they could be threatened to stay put and stay quiet or ICE’ll come in and carry them off. Employers themselves don’t suffer any damages in this, no one cares if they hire from the reserve pool of labor and not try to, you know: appeal to the rest of us by providing what we expect for actual hard Day’s labor.
Sectioned

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
@AaronMk  
It’s not a fucking symbol. It’s not a fucking monument. It’s a barrier to stop you from forcing your way in.

And don’t even get me started on birthright citizenship. The 14th amendment (I think it’s #14) was never, ever intended to imbue illegal immigrants’ children with legal citizenship. Utterly ludicrous and outright encourages and rewards illegal immigration.

@Ciaran  
$3.2b is not enough. Not even close.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t that money used to make repairs to the existing fence?
Sectioned

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
If you have to break the law to compete in the market you deserve to fail. And you most certainly should not get government subsidies if you hire illegal immigrants.

If you can’t afford to hire Americans (or LEGAL migrant workers) too fucking bad. Move your farm to Mexico then.

Also, here’s a radical idea; try adding your own thoughts to a discussion. You might learn something.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
Oh no
Now Rolf has to hire white Union members rather than undeaged Mexican kids
THE HORROR

The horror that anyone should be treated fairly and their home country stripped of its economic independence by weaponized American finance.
Violet Rose in The Rain

And, seriously, all this wall stuff is just rediculous.
Most of the terrorists and drugs coming into the US is on container vessels and airplanes.
But thanks to the shutdown, TSP screeners, the Coast Guard, Customs and other Import and Port authorities, as well as the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents responsible for anti-terrorism security (C-TPAT) are all furloughed or working at reduced staff levels without pay.
If this was really about the nation’s security, the President would get those agencies funded again, using the bills the Republicans and Democrats have already unanimously passed.

full
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
Before I say, I have to remind you all that I personally think the wall is stupid, and arguing about it is also stupid, making it 360° of pure stupidity. I must also say that I do not condone violence and despise it in general, but I also would feel little sympathy most of the time and I can’t help it since I’m born this way.

Now that’s said. I had this thought where if the world was far more okay with violence and far more protective of their respective countries, we would see people getting shot down from entering the state illegally similarly to how Germans tried to escape East Germany after WW2 and would instead get shot down. We’re thankful that that doesn’t happen in the present day but honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if it did sometime in the future.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide