Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
If a company leaves, they leave their factory buildings, offices, warehouses ect behind, there’s no reason someone else can’t use them to fulfill a similar purpose.

And if they provided a service or a product that people want or need, then the natural want or need of that service will invite them to fill that product or service need. Even if it were in total democratization, at least the market will be filled with a million smaller, independent providers and it’ll be a more equitable distribution of services.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Mikey
But not to the point of like 95% of their earnings that a LOT of people on the left advocate for.

Funny thing is that the highest tax rate ever was 92% for the top earners…and this was during the much vaunted Golden Age of Economic Growth. The time that made America a superpower. And despite that CEOs averaged about 25 times more than the lowliest grunt in their companies (compared to today where CEOs average over 300 times more).

If the upper class still thrived despite such a enormous tax rate back then (and before automation) I think the elites can survive the proposed 70%~ Marginal Tax Rate which doesn’t even tax 100% of a person’s wealth - only every dollar past a certain point; all wealth before that goal post gets a palty 10-15% tax rate after almost half a century of bloating their coffers.
RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl

So many orphans~Alastor
@Background Human  
So you would strip everything from them because of your frothing hatred of rich people. Maoist China welcomes your contribution to KILLING the bourgeoisie because of that hatred. We will be having a cultural revolution like Maoist China if your mindset ever took hold.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@Background Human
So you would strip everything from them because of your frothing hatred of rich people. Maoist China welcomes your contribution to KILLING the bourgeoisie because of that hatred. We will be going a cultural revolution like Maoist China if your mindset ever took hold.

Xi Jinping, delete this reactionary post.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Human

I don’t get your meaning.

There’s nothing wrong with someone being more wealthy than another. More wealthy than many others in fact. Let them be as rich as they want…as long as their hoarding doesn’t hurt the less wealthy either directly or through inaction.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

Look, while I’m under the mindset that the elite business owners need have a foot up their ass, I don’t believe they should be killed. I instead want a politician like Teddy Roosevelt who comes in and proceeds to tell the elite to fuck off when they try to pull his strings. You know, what Trump promised he would be but didn’t live up to it.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
I’m saying people can still be fantastically wealthy, even at a top marginal rate of 92% or higher. If Bezos only had 8% of his fortune, he’d still be richer than Trump claims to be. As long as you retain some amount of your next dollar, there’s an incentive to earn it, and those incentives are what drive capitalism, not the dollars themselves.

EDIT: And by the way, notice that the real self-made billionaires have no problem paying higher taxes, because they know they can continue to earn more money. It’s the trust fund brats, the ones who inherited their money and are in the process of pissing it away, who clutch their pennies like goddamn Horcruxes.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Those problems are solved by something called responsibility. Don’t make stupid money choices, like have 5 kids while working a minimum wage job, for starters.
Giving people free shit is not a solution, as is evidenced by the fact that we spend trillions of dollars a year in federal social problems but we still have people ‘struggling to get enough food’.

full

full
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
Those problems are solved by something called responsibility. Don’t make stupid money choices, like have 5 kids while working a minimum wage job, for starters.
Giving people free shit is not a solution, as is evidenced by the fact that we spend trillions of dollars a year in federal social problems but we still have people ‘struggling to get enough food’.

full
full

It’s also easier to velify someone’s inability to get along in an extremely individualist society, where while someone becomes immensely wealthy, many thousands get poorer we don’t judge the wealthy man poorly because he claims “good work ethic”. So, what about those of us working three part time jobs at a time because no one’s hiring part time? Or even once they get full time they realize: there’s no opportunity to advance? Clearly, something is wrong with them, and not with the structural inequities that arise out of this overly competitive, over individualist world model, or even national model.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night knowing that the man you worship on cable news, or on Yahoo news, or on Fox news is actually the messiah and a model for success while ignoring how many more people’s modest dreams of life are destroyed.
Sectioned
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
@Background Human  
92% tax rate are you out of your fucking mind? Do you know how percentages work? You don’t need to increase the percentage you pay if you earn more because you’re paying a PERCENTAGE.

No matter how much money you make, you shouldn’t be paying more than an effective 15% tax rate in my opinion.

Who the fuck is going to want to do business in a country where you’re taxed to death? This is why we saw economic growth in the wake of Trump’s tax cuts.  
And by the way, notice that the real self-made billionaires have no problem paying higher taxes, because they know they can continue to earn more money.

Higher taxes are financial disincentives.  
@Dustcan  
Even at tax rates that high, that was never the effective tax rate because of all the deductions.
Sectioned
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
And what about those generational farmers who’re are losing money because some overweight bald guy thought a trade war with China was a good idea?
Or maybe the nearly 1 million government employees who have worked without pay/forced on leave-without-pay for close to 3 weeks because some barely literate orangutan is angry he’s not getting his own monument?
Were they being financially irresponsible?

That ‘monument’ as you call it, would serve as a physical barrier to prevent illegal entry. We’ve been over this hundreds of times, same reason why you lock your doors and windows. Barriers are not social constructs, they’re actual physical things that do stuff. If you don’t believe me take the doors of your house in favor of a sign that says ‘do not enter’ and see how long it takes before you get robbed.  
Or maybe the nearly 1 million government employees who have worked without pay/forced on leave-without-pay for close to 3 weeks
Were they being financially irresponsible?

I oppose the trade war as well as bailouts. The people affected by the shutdown were affected through no fault of their own, so I have no idea why you think I would be blaming them. We’re talking about 2 completely different situations. One is completely preventable on an individual level (fiscal responsibility) and the other is the result of a government shutdown.

And you being affected by the government shutdown, that doesn’t mean you’re helpless. You can’t just throw up your arms and give up every time something unexpected happens. You make it work instead of making excuses for yourself. The workers are going to be fine, let’s not be alarmists.  
@neutralgrey  
No.
Sectioned

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
@neutralgrey  
Oh yeah, great argument. Hey, we might as well not have locks on our doors because people can just bust out the windows instead; and hey, locks can be picked so that’s not going to work either, yeah fuck it just let take the doors off. Let’s make it easier and not harder to enter illegally because that makes sense.  
@neutralgrey  
The money for the border wall should be included in our military budget, as national security is a valid function of government.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@kyle2252  
The average person’s house is not being targeted by the Sinaloa Cartel. If they’re trying to get in, doors and windows are in fact a waste of money. You need guns. A shitload of guns.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@kyle2252  
That’s a straw man argument, I’m not arguing that we should have no security at the border, I’m just saying it would be money better spent if we improve security at the border by improving the border patrol through various means. Better and more efficient than wasting time and money on Trump’s vanity project.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

That ‘monument’ as you call it, would serve as a physical barrier to prevent illegal entry. We’ve been over this hundreds of times, same reason why you lock your doors and windows. Barriers are not social constructs, they’re actual physical things that do stuff. If you don’t believe me take the doors of your house in favor of a sign that says ‘do not enter’ and see how long it takes before you get robbed.

If it were possible to put a roof over a country, or a solid floor underneath it, you’d have more of an argument, but as it is, a border wall is a ridiculous boondoggle. Trump’s operating on the kindergarten logic of “people cross line, me put big wall on line so they can’t cross”. If it didn’t work for China, it won’t work for us.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide