Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@CaptainXtra  
Hard to say. I would say it has something to do with it for sure, at the same time though, it seems like in a way, poor areas have little to no care in general what condition their neighborhoods wind up in.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Let me use one example, if Capitalism is so great, then why does almost every higher ups from almost every company are allow to do this to their employees?

Here’s a reference to my previous post, two days ago; with a provided linked video.

I know this video is not as political, but I’m placing it here for a reason to show you how Capitalism can affect an industry as large as the Gaming Industry and how an Unregulated Capitalist System lead to problems like this.
This has explains how the employees in Activision are struggling due to them being underpaid, while the higher ups at the company are making more money than their employees. Hell, in this video, there are also some Activision employees having to skip meals in to save money.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@CaptainXtra  
Not necessarily in America. With hard work you can get a decent life. But there are many that claim to be victims of one thing or another, even when it is entirely self inflicted.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

with hard work
incorrect. With smart work, time and financial management and a lotta luck you can escape poverty AND live a much more relatively happy life.

Especially since the USA is the only developed 1st world country that doesnt mandate paid parental leave.

No srsly even Japan, the hardest working nation on the planet, mandates up to SIXTY WEEKS of PAID holiday when baby is born. USA? Depends on yer state and company you work in.

Hard work means jack squat if you earn less than you spend, and if you don’t know where you’re going in your career. Hard work is bs.  
When ppl say “work 100 hours a week” they don’t mean work the same goddamn thing, they mean “dedicate those 100 hours a week into developing yourself and achieving little goals that will get you towards success”

That means you can be in a shower and be thinking about ideas, that means during your break you could be reading up on relevant books to your career.

100 hours a week dont mean flippin burgers for 100 hours without any goals in mind. It means making your goals into lifestyle and something you aspire towards.

Also Poverty being a seed of crime, comes back to the concept that happiness comes from financial success. We generally see monks and ascetics to be much less miserable despite their lack of wealth and them living in poverty.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Norway has like, 20 weeks of paid leave. That’s not time where you slack off, no. It’s time where you could be exploring ideas with renewed vigor, on your own terms, with yer family and rediscovering your hobbies and developing relevant skills towards success.

But just grinding mindlessly hoping with that alone you can escape poverty? Absolute nonsense. No fucking way you’ll get anywhere without vision, without passion, without aggression nor the right forward-thinking mindset.

Grinding mindlessly is kinda like that guy Sisyphus, whom Albert Camus used as an example of an absurdist hero.

He does the same goddamn thing day in day out, knowing full well it dont lead to nowhere. What success he had by afternoon, is gone by night, and he has to start all over again tomorrow. The only way we could even imagine HOW he could do the same “meaningless” thing over and over again, is to imagine him being happy with it.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

It was more to do with how trustworthy the government’s statements were, actually. I mention the masks because it’s blatantly obvious that the governments all over the world downplayed their importance in order to cover up their ill-preparedness in that regard, despite evidence from the last worldwide influenza pandemic outright stating their efficacy.

As an aside, I find it pretty galling that a lot of people are not only accepting of this, but also applauding the governments for lying to us in order to assuage the population.

Which brings us to the TikTok ban. Their reasoning is sound, but their justifications are a little iffy (China can’t spy on everyone simultaneously, but it’s likely that they can and probably are spying on important persons and persons who a vehemently anti-CCP). My main concern with the ban is that it’ll lead to an assload of security theatre, which as someone who has information security as part of their job portfolio, endlessly aggravates me. Banning TikTok (or any major Chinese product for that matter) is akin to blocking people from Afghanistan for entering the country in order to prevent Islamic terrorism: Yes, you’ve secured one potential vulnerability, but you haven’t put in place good practices to either limit vulnerabilities in the first place, or ensure that exploited vulnerabilities have a limited impact.

It’s also why I roll my eyes at the muh Russia™️ narrative that the Hamilton libs push as the reason their shitty candidate lost last time, and will push again if their shitty candidate loses again.

@Zincy

Heard about that from my gun frens on Twitter. At the very least we can all agree that no-knock raids should be done away with, because a lot of innocent people are dying due to them as of late.

@Wiimeiser

Search for Deterrence Dispensed. My understanding is that fire control groups can be a bit harder to get in Vickie than here in NZ, so you may want to ask an American friend to postal launder them to you.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Ebalosus  
They already started pushing that bull shit. Claiming the Putin is fighting for the GOP and trying to destroy Biden. Yeah, sure he is. Putin would probably do a little Russian dance if Biden wins since he knows he could walk all over him.
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
Good thing he’s not running against her this time, then.

@CaptainXtra  
Most likely.

@silbasa  
Numbers, no. But I know at least some people can’t get even basic treatment, and that’s unacceptable. And if people only go to the doctor when they really really need to, then the treatment will probably end up more expensive and less effective.

@silbasa  
With hard work you can get a decent life.

Got numbers on this one? (It stacks with the medical thing, btw - what does hard work matter if you get sick?)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide