Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@Latecomer  
Yes it has. That’s literally what the 1960’s was all about. It was the entire message of the civil rights movement and its clearly been a failure. This is also the case not just in America, but worldwide. And its not just with black either. There is racial friction in every aspect of American life and this is increasingly the case elsewhere too. It happens to every multiracial country.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

America has a lot of room.

If you wanna preserve nature, then no.  
Besides you didn’t answer my question - when it will be enough?  
And equality is attainable.

Show me a single country that has attained equality and there is no racial tensions.
Background Pony #8403
@Metro_Offset  
Of course slavery wasn’t essential, but the ones in power in the South sure believed it to be. Agriculture was and is essential, more than industry, despite what little agriculture contributed to GDP. Agriculture is more basic while industry is more luxurious, and luxury naturally has higher yields than the basic. As well, northern industry didn’t exist with zero influence from southern agriculture.
Latecomer

@Metro_Offset  
Because of people like you, who insist the racial divide is insuperable. It really, really isn’t.The continued racial friction in America can be corrected.

@Armagedonus  
None have acheived perfection in that or any other area. But America is worse than many.

@silbasa  
No, they just didn’t want as many kids.
Armagedonus

None have acheived perfection in that or any other area.

Because it is impossible. (and I am not even talking about ‘perfection’)  
But America is worse than many.

USA is worse than countries, where minorities are murdered by mobs or government activeley opresses them?  
Fucking LOL  
Read about racial relations outside of western countries and you will see that China is just a tip of the iceberg.  
Seriously, USA is BETTER than vast majority other countries.  
You think otherwise because “racial relations” are ultra-political in USA and media overreact on racial crimes for clickbait.  
I believe that racial relations will not be better than now in USA.
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@Background Pony #8403  
Yes, they believed it should be because they benefited from it. That’s why I’m hammering into you that it benefited the few with a system of false money. It was a racket. However, this is a massive goalpost shift from saying it was an economic backbone or that slaves built the country. In terms of what it brought to the overall economy it was very little and in terms of building this country it did nothing.

The South didn’t industrialise because of slavery, that’s a large reason why the South was so poor. The majority of historians and economists agree that the “modern period of the South’s economic convergence to the level of the North only began in earnest when the institutional foundations of the southern regional labor market were undermined, largely by federal farm and labor legislation dating from the 1930s.”  
http://www.employees.csbsju.edu/jolson/econ315/whaples2123771.pdf

Historian Gavin Wright has said that the private investment of monetary resources in the cotton industry, among others, delayed development in the South of commercial and industrial institutions. There was little public investment in railroads or other infrastructure.

I’m not a fan of Thomas Sowell, but he was correct when he said the following:

In short, even though some individual slaveowners grew rich and some family fortunes were founded on the exploitation of slaves, that is very different from saying that the whole society, or even its non-slave population as a whole, was more economically advanced than it would have been in the absence of slavery. What this means is that, whether employed as domestic servants or producing crops or other goods, millions suffered exploitation and dehumanization for no higher purpose than the…aggrandizement of slaveowners.

A few got rich. But slavery was no economic backbone, economic figures reflect that. Slaves did not build this country, they slowed it down.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
It’s extremely unlikely. Especially since no widespread communist conspiracy like you seem to be envisioning exists.

If anything, you could blame capitalism, which makes children expensive and leaving a job to look after them hard.
Background Pony #8403
And it’s only “saving” if a white majority is better than a non-white one, which it isn’t.
That’s your opinion.
I do not agree with it.
Aaaaaaaahahahahahahaha, fuck this bs.
Armagedonus

If America is far ahead of both many other countries and it’s past self, then that’s even more reason to beleive in further improvement.

See, that’s the point - you “belive” in improvement. You do not have proof, you have a mere belief, like a religious person.  
Also, the american “better race relations” are paid for in internal instability and “white guilt”.  
If an improvement is even possible, then the price for it would be too dire.

@Latecomer  
One of the founders admitted it for.  
Also the whole CHAZ/CHOP thing gave another proof.

Also you didn’t answer my earlier question - when enough will be enough?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Seaking of race…This guys confuses the heck outta me.  
He’s ITALIAN. Michele Morone, but he can easily pull off arab, iberian or north indian with very little issue.  
Is he white? is this nibba white?

full
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@NitroFury  
Did it? Seems the communists are still here!

@tehwatever  
Would it suprise you that what is termed “white” people are actually surprisingly diverse? Where others just might see a giant white snowball rolling down destroying everything there is in fact a great diversity twitter never told you about. Europe is diverse!
Background Pony #8403
@Metro_Offset  
Since the southern economy was hinged to agriculture, which relied on slave labor, slavery formed the backbone of the southern economy.

“How Slavery Became the Economic Engine of the South”  
Despite what little money agriculture contributed to the country’s GDP, what effect would the lack of agriculture have on other industries, the rest of the economy?

Slaves did not build this country, they slowed it down.
Slavery and the reliance on it slowed the country down. That’s different from saying the poorly paid/unpaid maltreated laborers slowed the country down.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@silbasa  
A little bit of info on the UK’s child sex exploitation cases.

Pakistani men occupy the grooming gang yes, but CSE cases (child sexual exploitation cases) are majority of the time online with white ppl almost exclusively occupying the online grooming.

Grooming Gang is highly specific niche, in that it is: done by a Group, whose hunting ground is the streets, as opposed to other predators who solo hunts online, or group hunts in schools, churches, gyms and entertainment venues such as the club or a bar.

I feel like pakistani grooming gangs are deliberately tanking all the shots to draw away the attention from the more sneaky, MORE VAST problem of white on white grooming cases.

6000+ cases of Child Sex Exploitation per year were recorded. 30 of them, Grooming Gang. It’s strange that grooming gangs take center stage when it’s about 0.5% of all cases. MY GUESS? It’s because it carries a whole lot of fucking baggage. Baggage not entirely relevant to child sexual exploitation, but rather something else entirely, like maybe, race / religion / culture politics. Just my opinion.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide