Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Every election cycle, Moodys the investing and financing behemoth, puts out speculative reports on the preliminary plans of each candidate in respect to jobs and revenue.

Moodys is, in no way, left leaning. It in fact has been a thorn in the Dems side for decades as a symbol of reckless capitalism.

Well, they just gave Dems a bit of positive support. Their most recent analysis states that Biden’s plans would bring 7 million more jobs than Trump’s current plans. And that it would grow the economy at a slightly faster rate.

Itd also grow the deficit more, but Moodys predicts that the areas of expansion, mostly on infrastructure and healthcare, would not be as big of a drag on the economy as the deficit expansion plans under Trump.

Again, this is not some leftwing spin site or progressive think tank. This is Moodys, the arch-capitalists.
Background Pony #865F
I don’t hate Trump because he’s a Republican.

I hate Trump because he’s an awful person.
Background Pony #865F
Don’t know why people are opposed to better gun control.

The current method of gun control clearly isn’t working.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Trouble at Spotify, progressive employes demand Joe Rogans podcast be censored or they will go on strike. Why is censorship always the end result when progressives get involved I wonder?
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Background Pony #865F

Because better often translates into more. Here’s an idea for better gun control: universal background checks in exchange for not restrictions on suppressors, barrel length, magazine capacity, and machine guns.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Not to mention how few hours I got due to constraints. Working with half (If we’re lucky) a team was hellish and miserable. I made less in a week than I used to a day. I don’t think increasing wages is the solution generally but I also admit I don’t know economics, so I have no solution.
Wow, so you just admit it right out of the gate, don’t you? Simple math; upper management cuts the amount of hours to work to compensate for your higher wage per hour so they can hold on to as much money as they can without actually paying their workers more.

My favorite thing about minimum wage increases is that they’re good for the economy. Like there’s a ton of scaremongering around it, but every time the minimum wage goes up the economy does better, because shocker, poor people actually spend their money. This loops back around and benefits the whole economy as more jobs are created by the fresh demand for products and services.

But it would require rich ghouls to make slightly less of a quarterly profit, so it’s beyond the pale.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Violet Rose in The Rain

Big wigs also seem to think that the only way to increase efficiency is to cost-cut with wages and hours.

They never spare a thought for what having good talent management, employee wellness/happiness, and ample incentives can do for their bottom line.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Cultural marxism is a very real thing.
Cultural Marxism is repackaged Judeo-Bolshevism but it’s clear from your response to Dark Obsidian which basically goes, “Nuh uh, you’re wrong” that you’re not interested in listening in good faith.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
A federal judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit against Fox News after lawyers for the network argued that no “reasonable viewer” takes the primetime host Tucker Carlson seriously, a new court filing said.

But Fox News argued that Carlson “cannot be understood to have been stating facts, but instead that he was delivering an opinion using hyperbole for effect,” the ruling said.

US District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil agreed with Fox’s premise, adding that the network “persuasively argues” that “given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer ‘arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of scepticism’ about the statements he makes.”
“This ‘general tenor’ of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not ‘stating actual facts’ about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in ‘exaggeration’ and ‘non-literal commentary,’” the ruling said.

Of course Fox News, a network that pretends to be a news channel complete with “News” being a part of its name, is trying to have its cake and eat it too by acting like a news network while avoiding the responsibility of such by legally being qualified as just “entertainment”. But right now I’ll take it.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
I dont think you and I will see eye to eye on that. It is a term used by people like Sarkesian in her seminars and yes also a term used on the far right. But imo not wanting progressive politics in my entertainment does not make me a nazi. You probably dont agree on that :P But! If the the term is problematic, lets just go to the core of the matter and call it what it is, communism.

@Angrybrony  
The book was called “Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters” by Abigail Shrier. The podcast was called Joe Rogan Experience #1509 - Abigail Shrier. - but again the podcast itself is not my point. The point was that Spotify employes are on strike to censor it.
Background Pony #83F1
Commune’s been awfully quiet ever since someone brought up proof that Bezmenov’s claims of active measures are legit.

Imagine having all but one of your posts nuked from orbit and still thinking you’re in the right.  
“Exposure to true information does not matter anymore. A person who was demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures; even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him [a] concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it, until he [receives] a kick in his fan-bottom. When a military boot crashes his balls then he will understand. But not before that. That’s the [tragedy] of the situation of demoralization.”
Background Pony #11A9
@silbasa
The hard truth is that The Hill just prove Trump overpaid on his taxes.

Source? Because every article on The Hill is just saying the same as the NYT: that Trump is a fraudster massively in debt and has ripped off american taxpayers by counting in his incomprehensibly massive losses over decades.

The only thing he’s been involved in since his daddy died that had any success was him pretending to be a good businessman on TV; everything else he’s flushed down the toilet and just pretended so hard to be rich that people believed him and gave him more money to burn. The man’s a ponzi scheme personified.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide