Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Violet Rose in The Rain
These kinda deals take months, but hey the panic of the left when he said he was going to buy it long before he could even put a single signature under one of maybe a hundreds subcontracts that belong to this deal, was just delicious to watch XD
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

A few days ago, the Ohio Republicans passed a change to state law that was snuck in at the last minute, under the guise of “protecting” girls sports.
This law allows ANYONE to dispute the sex of an athlete on a school team.
There are no safeguards in place to ensure that this is not used maliciously.
Girls who do not look feminine enough, girls of color, girls who are “too good” are likely to be the biggest targets.
But any girl could be targeted. Maybe someone doesn’t like her parents or maybe someone wants to make sure the opposing team doesn’t have enough eligible players.
So what does a girl have to do to prove she is a girl?
First, the physician has to examine the girl’s external and internal reproductive anatomy.
I have to emphasize that this will impact girls as young as 5th or 6th grade, ~10-11 years old. A year or two older than my daughter.
Step one to proving your correct sex is female:
A doctor will need to spread open your labia and examine the size of your clitoris. A clitoris that is “too large” could be a sign that you are intersex and not female enough for sports.
Step two to proving your correct sex is female:
A doctor will then insert one or two gloved fingers inside your vagina, while pressing against your abdomen with their other hand, so they can feel your uterus and ovaries.
This will likely be quite painful for these young girls, and extremely traumatic.
There is no medical reason to do a pelvic exam on girls this young, absent any signs of a problem.
This is sexual assault and will traumatize these girls. That is by design.
This part of the exam would probably be covered by insurance, depending on how it is billed. But these next two steps would likely not be covered for most people.
Step three to proving your correct sex is female:
Your blood will be drawn and your testosterone levels measured.
How much testosterone is too much? Unclear.
Does having “high T” give girls an advantage? No, not always. But this bill leaves no room for nuance.
Step four to proving your correct sex is female:
Your blood will also be tested to see if you are XX or XY.
Except not everyone is XX or XY and there are XY women who have no advantage in sports because of the nuances of their genetics, but that won’t matter here.
Any athlete who suspects they were “harmed” by an athlete who lied about their sex can sue that school district. If that athlete’s parents are unwilling to have their daughter sexually assaulted, or cannot afford the testing, the district will have to pay $$ to the accuser.
So from an administrative standpoint, you basically have to require that all female athletes do this testing in order to play interscholastic sports.
Otherwise your district is in danger of having to forfeit games and losing litigation if you don’t have this paperwork up front.
Interscholastic sports in Ohio will only be accessible to girls whose parents are willing to subject them to sexual assault and very expensive and unnecessary bloodwork.
Congrats to everyone trying to “save” women’s sports from your trans athlete boogeymen.
Is winning the most important part of high school sports?
Because setting aside the incredible trauma and expense caused by this bill, at the end of the day, the message is that winning is what matters the most.
That’s not the lesson I want my daughter to learn from sports.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The cruelty is the point.
Republicans want to dehumanize and burden women to the point that they won’t want to play sports, join STEM, run for office, have multiple relationships, and hold jobs with any kind of mobility.
And on that record, if I found out a school coach or doctor touched my kid like that, I’d be in jail and they’d be down a coach.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Violet Rose in The Rain
These kinda deals take months, but hey the panic of the left when he said he was going to buy it long before he could even put a single signature under one of maybe a hundreds subcontracts that belong to this deal, was just delicious to watch XD
Know what else is delicious to watch? The panic of the right when people are told to mask up and take COVID vaccines.
Conservatives have no one to blame for the high death tolls in Republican states except for themselves. And Fox News.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Marjorie Taylor Greene— who is accusing Democrats of “child grooming”— has hired far-right Milo Yiannopoulos as an intern. Yiannopoulos has advocated for legalizing sex between 13-year-olds and adults because he says 13-year-olds are not children and are “sexually mature.”
Here is Marjorie Taylor Greene posting a photo with her new intern who advocates for legalizing pedophilia.
She claims they are only being “canceled” because people “fear the truth.”
Violet Rose in The Rain

Conflating queer/trans with pedophilia helped Nazis rally support for their genocidal policies. In 1935, they changed existing German anti-sodomy law to make it illegal to even “act” queer (whatever that’s supposed to mean). It was all in the name of protecting (Aryan) children.
After passing these new laws, Nazis revoked trans peoples’ gender recognition cards. They began arresting sex workers and drag queens. By 1936, they were rounding them up en masse for labor camps. Again, this terror campaign was in the name of stopping supposed “Jugendverderber.”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Historically speaking, over the last…30 years or so the party in power typically suffer net losses in the midterms. The Dems currently hold a razor thin majority in the House and “majority” in the Senate.
Current polling indicate a national average of anywhere between +5-11 favorability to Republican candidates.
Biden is a milquetoast nothing utterly incapable of drawing any excitement.
President Manchin has routinely killed any and practically every bill Biden has attempted to pass, causing apathy to disappointment from the voterbase.
Crazies in the Republican party are not only not being voted out in the ongoing primaries, some are getting overwhelming portion of the vote.
The combination of these things bodes ill for the midterms.
Background Pony #6B50
@CaptainXtra
I wouldn’t listen to anyone trying to speculate on what “this generation” is going to do. As for the upcoming midterms right now it looks like the Republicans will see some success, maybe taking back the Senate. From what I’ve seen the Dems haven’t had much to run on and, at the same time, inflation has been annoying people. I’m fully aware inflation can’t be pinned solely on the Democrats, the Fed carries more responsibility, but people tend to vote how they feel. If they feel unhappy, and you’re in power, it’s more likely they will vote for the other guy.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
I’m very concerned what this midterm means for Ukraine down the line.
As predicted by everyone that’s ever paid attention to every previous crisis in “some other country”, nobody in “the west” cares anymore. Between school shootings, abortion, LGBT rights, gas prices, inflation, and whatever else, “the west”, and particularly the US, don’t have the capacity to care about whatever atrocities are happening in a country most of their populace couldn’t point to on a map.
So it doesn’t really matter if the GOP steamrolls through the midterms, the US and its allies will have already abandoned Ukraine by then.
It sucks, but it’s the terrible truth we all know.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I don’t think the midterms are going to be a proper wave, mostly due to redistricting and a suite of poor quality candidates from the GOP (relitigating the 2020 election is not a popular issue).
That being said, the dems will still likely lose the house, and their best case scenario in the senate revolves around Kelly holding his seat, Warnock losing his, and Fetterman winning in Penn while all else stays the same, resulting in the 50/50 they currently have staying in place.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
So I learned something today and bare with me as i dive into my albeit niche interest in air travel and logistics. Most of the airports in the UK are privately owned. This includes one of the most successful airports in the world, London Heathrow. This is in stark contrast to the United States’s one privately owned commercial airport in Branson Missouri. Considering most American airports are hemorrhaging money is it worth it to operate these airports privately?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide