Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@SleepySteve
But are they actually pedos, or just traditionalists? Marriage age has historically been a lot lower. Not that anyone condones that sort of stuff nowadays. Also they’re suggesting teen pregnancy leads to abortion, and that that’s the problem. IIRC it’s been suggested that poor quality sex education leads to teen pregnancy.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Not that anyone condones that sort of stuff nowadays
Well, you say that, but …
March 2023 - A West Virginia bill that would have raised the minimum age to secure a marriage license to 18 was blocked by Republicans in the state’s Senate Judiciary Committee According to the sponsor of the bill, “No one admitted why they think children as young as infants should be legally allowed to be married off”
Wyoming Limiting Child Marriage Sparks Republican Outrage. The the Republican-controlled Wyoming House of Representatives argued that the bill interfered with “religious liberty”.
Republicans Make a Case for Child Marriage. Legislators defended allowing minors to marry for a myriad of reasons, including concerns expressed on the House floor that teens who want to get married will seek a remedy out of state and that limits on marriage with a parent’s consent were arbitrary and taking something away. “The only thing it’s going to do is cause harm and trouble in young people’s lives,” Harrison County Delegate Keith Marple, a Republican and the lone person to speak against the state bill to ban child marriage, said on the House floor ahead of the vote last Wednesday. According to the article, “Some who voted against it said that teenage marriages are commonplace where they grew up, while others expressed their belief that some teenagers are mature enough to make their own decisions about marriage”.
Maybe you have a different definition of the word “condone”?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
VA became the first state in the south to offically end child marriage and raised the offical age of marriage to 18.
Several Republicans threw an absolute shitfit about it including one that called Jan 6th rioters “fine people”.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Ereiam
Easier to accuse others of your crimes than to admit to your own and try to improve. The idea or marring someone off like that is concerning. Doing it to a child is straight up pedophilia and should be illegal.
Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Duck - Niggoslav_Kwaczyk
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Drinky_Butt

VIVA LA NOCTE
@igotnopicks Cricket’s heaven😇 is Kristi’s hell, he finally gets to prove he’s a hunter! 😈

@SleepySteve @Wiimeiser @Ciaran
I find Vaush’s take on this (that he hilariously gets clipped so much for) is more on the money, these are ways to show “kids can make adult decisions too” as The first step back to child labour, there’s a reason an equal amount of this originates with libertarians after all.
Basically they want to close off the cheap immigrant Labour pipeline, and start domestic worker production
Latecomer

@SleepySteve
If the parents of a child want to commit to raising it together at that age, they can still get engaged, right? (Since that’s not a legal ceremony.) If they don’t have the patience to wait a year or two for marriage, would they really make good parents?
(Or is he thinking of marrying off pregnant girls to older men who can “properly control” them? With these people I wouldn’t put it past him…)
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Hamas has apparently agreed to the Qartar backed ceasefire agreement negotiated with (but not yet fully accepted by) Israel.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I feel like the age of consent debate needs to be highly contextualized because it truly is NOT a one-size-fits-all thing.
Literally have friends whose village still lives like it ain’t moved past the early 1700s and marry off their children (to other children) as young as 12.
Matter fact I personally know a 40yo Grandma. Tough as nails, working two jobs, Currently married to a second husband younger than her. If she hadn’t told me she got married at 14 and had a child at 15 I wouldn’t have believed her.
Point is: in a culture with a tight knit familial and community structure, where everybody takes care of everybody (and their children), where education and work is essentially all but the same.
In that context, idk why you’d need to impose a somewhat arbitrarily high cutoff for marriage and employment.
Feels to me that the age of consent is a modern industrial phenomena, and since I myself am a product the modern industrial context, I DO adhere and advocate for a relatively high age of consent.
But I seriously cannot bring myself to tell my colleagues y’all village is fucked up for having 7th graders get married and work in the fields / on the coast fishing, because they live in a different setting from me.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Hunter Biden reportedly plans to sue Fox News for their back to back defamation of him.
Fox News swears they weren’t defaming him, as they quietly deletes a 6 part “mock trial” of him they had on their website.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I read a BBC article on how some Tory big-wigs are calling on their party to move further right to try and curtail Labour wins.
Because yes, doubling down on the policies that got you in trouble in the first place is always a sound political strategy.
Background Pony #1D40
@tehwatever
This could be summed up as: age of consent = age of marriage = adulthood. Some cultures define adulthood differently because of circumstances.
What bothers me is that apparently some places in US also see adulthood differently even though it theoretically is a modern country.
Background Pony #1F81
Nick Fuentes, the loud and proud neo-nazi, has recently voiced his support for the pro-Palestine protests going around American colleges
The main voices/most vocal Palestine supporters need to cut him off and disown him as quickly and as bluntly as possible.
Nick is not anti-Israel becuase he wants the people of Palestine to be safe, he’s anti-Israel becuase he REALLY wants to see Jewish people die.
Though sadly im seeing this a lot with a lot of people on the Left recently. They’ve been siding with Anti-Israel Far-Right members (Nick Fuentes, Andrew Tate, Sneako, Adin Ross, Jack Shields, ect) just becuase they voiced opposition to Israel, but people not looking into their ACTUAL beliefs on the matter, which is just going to allow more legitimate anti-Semites to infect the groups.
Being anti-Israel (the Government, not the people itself) is fine, there are a LOT of reasons they deserve the hate. Being anti-Jewish is not ok and should be called out.
Poison Trail
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Standard horseshoe theory bullshit, that there’s some way to reach through to the other side by going all-in on the crazy.
Doesn’t exactly work when that dipshit doesn’t care even a little bit to put up a mask and hide his true intentions.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Couldn’t agree more. That animate sack of anal dandruff needs to be thrown out of any pro-Palestine demonstration on his ear, and there needs to be more condemnation and wariness of my comrades toward Nazis trying to infiltrate our ranks.
Sadly, dipshits exist across the spectrum, and will align with anyone uncritically if they think it will score them a W. The number of hearts on Nick Fuckface’s post here is a case in point.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@lonewolf
Dude made a fucking joke. People berated him for not taking things seriously. And now american conservative talking heads on YT are using it as fuel for “the demonrats are going to put everyone in prison if they don’t accept their Soros funded 15 minute cities!”
sigh
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For further context, it looks like it wasn’t so much a joke as it was an example the current Transport Minister of Germany threw out in an open letter to the ruling coalition that even environmentalists are criticizing as scaremongering. Specifically, the letter was criticizing the coalition’s struggle to come to an agreement in amending Germany’s climate protection law to address the transport sector consistently missing its targets for emission reductions, and said (roughly) that if they can’t come to an agreement, the Ministry might have to take drastic measures such as banning weekend driving over the summer to meet the targets.
I agree though that’s the worst possible way to motivate people.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide