Transformers Thread

WM-R
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@Thanotos Omega

Oh, I got the hypebole, don’t worry. I also understand what you mean by letting Beast Wars characters come back.

I’d normally offer my nominal support (because while I love Optimus Prime, I’m getting weary of seeing Bumblebee, Starscream and the rest over and over again), but in this case Optimus Primal is up against two of my favourite Japanese exclusive Transformers, and that’s just not a battle he’s going to win.

Optimus Prime was one of the characters that got me into Transformers (I’m one of those “Optimus Prime was like a second dad to me” kids). Star Saber and Deathsaurus got me back into Transformers years later after the original cartoon was long off the air. The Beast Wars reminded me that Transformerswere still a thing, but most of my goodwill from Beast Wars was squandered by Beast Machines.

Long story short, if it boiled down to Optimus Primal versus Ultra Magnus, I’d probably give Primal a shot. But against Deathsaurus or Star Saber, Primal is a distant second or third.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@WM-R  
I will let the wiki take that.

On May 7, 2010, [Dinobot] was unveiled as one of the first five nominees for the Transformers Hall of Fame, the first Beast Wars character to earn the honor and the only character not to be from 1984 or 1985. A tongue-in-cheek campaign for Dinobot was started by David Willis, with the gag being that he’d never beat the 1984/5 characters. To everyone’s surprise, at BotCon 2010’s Hall of Fame ceremony, Dinobot was unveiled as the winner: he became both the first Beast Wars character and first fan-voted to be inducted, beating out even long time favorites Soundwave and Grimlock! As is the nature of online fan communities, this immediately spawned disbelief and outrage in some sections of the fandom, as well as a conspiracy theory about how Beast Wars fans had somehow “cheated” or “rigged the vote”.

A campaign that was a joke that end with the nominee winning? Guess you could say history repeated itself recently.

@Prof.NightJack  
Either or. Mostly the former.
WM-R
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@Darth Prime

@Prof.NightJack

@Thanotos Omega

I’d have voted for BW Silverbolt in a heartbeat.

And I can only imagine how much I’d laugh if Deathsaurus actually won somehow. Honestly speaking, I think his victory (heehee) is unlikely, but imagine Hasbro and IDW staff scrambling to figure out how to actually use him.

If I’m being honest, I expect Primal or Magnus to win.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide