Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
On a lighter note: I just bought a Shantae Funko POP! I usually don’t care for those, but it’s Shantae, so I couldn’t resist. I love those games.

It’s funny to think that soon, every Shantae game will be available for Switch, including the original GBC game. (They’re reissuing an actual GBC cartridge version too for collectors.)
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@tehwatever
Ten bucks says that RE9 will give us vampires.
I don’t think…you have to wait for RE9 to give us vampires…

full

You know what screw this. I’m willing to bet RE8’s theme is the usual Vampire high-born vs Werewolves peasants and you have like,

Ethan stuck in the middle being like “First I was in the swamps in Louisiana fighting off hollywood slasher villains and now I’m in god knows where fighting werewolves and vampires. OH AND MY WIFE IS DEAD NOW. AGAIN!”

I love Ethan. He gets zero break.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan  
Everything doesn’t feel like RE until it releases and you play it, tbh.

RE6 was a far cry from RE1 and we all know it’s RE.

RE7 was closer to RE1 with the mansion, emphasis in atmosphere and puzzle solving and wonky shooting mechanic and we know it’s RE.

So I’m gonna hold judgement on RE8 for now. I’m just enjoying the fact that our boy Ethan is back and is thrown into situations he never asked to be in.
Background Pony #A9C2
I hope RE 8 or if not, then 9 takes place in either Egypt, China, the Philippines, or in space.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
To be fair that’s kinda depends on what do you think RE’s atmoshpere is. If your 1st RE experience was RE4 (a lot ppl start with RE4 and then going backwards) then you might think RE is an action-horror game where you play as a badass military men fighting against a bunch of weird scary body-horror monsters a la THE THING (1987). In fact that theme carries on for an entire decade until RE7 shook it up.

But if you start with RE2 and 3 (I did) then I assume RE was like Dawn of the Dead or any modern zombies flick (with body horror thrown in)

which made Vampires vs Werewolves do seem out of place at firs glance.

@igotnopicks  
Ethan better be writing a book about all that.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I don’t know if I said it before, but if you ever pay for one game on the Epic Store for the sake of Exclusivity, make it Atomicrops.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Meanlucario

No.

6 had a man who transformed back and forth between a car sized manticore and train sized t-rex and building sized fly and man sized man.

It did not have a t-rex.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever

I did start with 2, so yeah.

Shoot even though 4, 5 and 6 were working up to it 7 still felt out of place. 7 started to slide back into the RE campiness towards the end when the Molded were “explained”, but even then still felt like a black sheep in the setting.

Just saying, as outrageous as RE got and gets the supernatural still feels out of place.

@Meanlucario

That’s the joke.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
well, RE have always been set squarely in the “science gone wrong” genre so there is no place for supernatural sure, but at this point we all know that anything supernatural, is just super science.

iirc RE7 only went full ghost supernatural blair witch with the DEMO. That demo got ppl thinking “is this even RE wtf.” I don’t blame em coz it did come out around the time where ppl was still salty about P.T and the horror genre was shifting to FNAF and OUTLAST, you know, the supernatural.

But as soon as Ethan’s hands got lobbed off and he fixed it up with goop juice and we see like, black gooey mass coming out of Daddy’s wounds we immediately know “yyeeap this is science.” Even the ghost portions of the game is chalked up as hallucinations more than actual apparitions.

But ye I got what you mean.
Background Pony #AF63
Wow. Bug Fables is actually a lot better than expected once you play it with your own hands. I completed the first chapter just now and I really had a blast with it. A true spiritual successor to Paper Mario.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

IMO, RE will always be science gone wrong. Biohazard is the name of the title after all. But what theme they wanna go for? Depends on what mood they in.

They want Albert Wesker to dress like Neo and doing Matrix slow mo thing? Done.  
They want Michael Bay full on action adventure? Done.  
They want JOHN WICK?! DONE!  
RE 7 went with yer favorite slasher americana hollywood horror tropes like texas chainsaw and…SAW.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@tehwatever  
I mean i can buy allot in that universe the Virus and it’s derivitives, and the Plaugus, some freaky mold or other stuff that makes people vampires and werewolves isn’t that out there tbh,
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

What’s really missing from RE is the space-horror genre. Aliens.

Idea for RE in Space

Space engineer and his team went to answer a distress signal from a spaceship where the engineer’s wife currently works in. Ship is overrun by body-horror monsters and he’s now fighting to save his life and reunites with wife.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide