Crazy Headcanons

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
-the Age Spell is naturally selfish. It’s effects are only long-lasting on the user, bringing actual aging to a crawl. Cast on someone else, the effects only last for a few hours. They eventually revert to their original age.  
-Celestia does not grasp the true nature of hatred.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@YetAnotherBrony
Were they sapient, or were they just well trained animals? Remember, Angel Bunny acts even more intelligent than them, and Fluttershy has a trained choir made of birds. All sapient creatures have been able to talk.
Iron Will being able to talk to his goats is decidedly plausible.

They are as sapient as Angel Bunny, if not more so, but they’re speaking their native language. I don’t know if they know how to speak Equestrian.
Trickquestion

@SeraphimDawn  
I’ve always thought dragons have the potential to be better spellcasters then unicorns (that fire breath has to come from somewhere) but they’ve been living the uncivilized life for so long now they’ve forgotten how to. If Twilight respected Spike enough to try to teach him magic, he’d quickly surpass her.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Trickquestion  
Aren’t dragons resistant to most magic in many folklore? They are heat resistant, perhaps when they get older their hides may develop a strong resistance to magic. That was probably one of the reasons out of the many that they chose to flee than fight.
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

@Trickquestion  
I’ve always gone with d&d rules for the dragons in my headcanon, which means their magic is intrinsic rather than learned.

In fact new headcanon: Unicorns are all descendant of dragon/pony crossbreeds, this is why unicorns have in born magic. (For those who didn’t spend most of their formative years playing d&d the theory about sorcerers, the magic class that doesn’t have to memorize spells to use them, is that they have dragon blood in their veins.)

And good god I was about to reference the dragons challenge rating as a reason the girls ran in Dragon Quest. I should probably get out more.
Sjogre

That is an interesting question, although I doubt that it’ll ever be addressed onscreen.

Gilda and other flying creatures can stand on clouds, but they’ve never been said to or shown to control the weather. Given that weather control has been called the domain of the pegasi, I think that only pegasi can manipulate and control weather without spells. While other beings can stand on them, clouds would just fall apart if they tried to sculpt them, they can’t kick lightning bolts or rain out, and things like rainbows and lifting water are out of the question.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
That is an interesting question, although I doubt that it’ll ever be addressed onscreen.
Gilda and other flying creatures can stand on clouds, but they’ve never been said to or shown to control the weather. Given that weather control has been called the domain of the pegasi, I think that only pegasi can manipulate and control weather without spells. While other beings can stand on them, clouds would just fall apart if they tried to sculpt them, they can’t kick lightning bolts or rain out, and things like rainbows and lifting water are out of the question.

Well, I think the griffins (gryphons?) can control the weather too. And the buffalo as well. They just can’t control the weather as finely as pegasi. Pegasi can literally manipulate weather patterns, shift entire storms. Griffins and buffalo just make do with pulling weather into position and hoping for the best, or attracting weather to certain areas (“rain dance”, anyone?)
SpacePaladin

Watcher of the Watchmen
I like the idea that griffons can’t manipulate weather nearly as well, but they can make it rain by “hunting” clouds. They stalk and claw them until they “bleed” out.
boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

I think I forgot to said it here but since I’ve just said it in another thread I might as well bring it here.

My headcanon for a nice Celestia is that Luna’s banishment was an accident because she though that the elements would have done what they did in episode 1. The explanation why they were in the old castle is that she get rid of them because she couldn’t support the thought of what they did.

I think the element aren’t flawless and can potentially do wrongs in some circumstances, maybe it was cause because they control them together and a conflict between users cause a random outcome along with the conection between NMM and the moon leading them to this result.
FlutterLove

When Celestia used the Elements to stop NMM they couldn’t turn her back into Luna because Luna’s darker emotions like hatred and jealousy had too strong a hold on her. That is why she was sealed on the moon for 1000 years, it was basically a time out, for her to cool off.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Sweetie Belle’s first spell is fire and she she is prone to accidently setting things on fire

Well, that explains why she burned EVERYTHING (even the juice!) when trying to cook breakfast in “Sisterhooves Social”. Her parents didn’t want to hurt her feelings by saying so, so they just pretended to praise her cooking.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
-Sunset isn’t the only student unicorn who wants to screw with Twilight. She’s just the one who made it to her first.  
-Summoning magic is illegal in equestria  
-Celestia became an alicorn by bringing peace to the soul of Oremagodden, the Fire Beast. The control over the sun was granted to her immediately afterwards.  
-Sombra’s favorite food is snails. Especially those native to the Crystal Lands, with their beautiful, glittery shells. He collects snail shells.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@PonyPon  
“Sunset isn’t the only student unicorn who wants to screw with Twilight. She’s just the one who made it to her first.”

Imagine after all this EqG stuff gets over with, Twi finds herself getting more rivals until the day she leaves the world. Jealousy can be quite contagious.

“Summoning magic is illegal in equestria”  
I think Twilight already used one to summon a Parasprite. But, its probably more of a teleportation spell. A spell that might be abused to drag someone out of whatever they are doing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide