Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Background Pony #CB27  
Okay, just watch Finn parents episode. Those episodes are definitely unfortunate in the grand scheme of things. Also another cartoon I think handle dark element just as well is Over the Garden Wall.

Edit: I don’t have access to YouTube right now but the episodes with them are “Min and Marty”, “Helpers” and “The Light Cloud”.
Background Pony #BC7D
When Sonic Boom came out, they never said that the original Sonic died alone and forgotten, failing at all his goals, it was just a different Sonic. So why is MLP all the characters are dead and failed?! It’s an insult to the characters we grew up with to kill them off with no remorse and to destroy all of their life goals. 😞
Background Pony #121A
@Wiimeiser
I’m hoping the end of the movie will have an extra scene where a purple and green dragon is slowly waking up in his cave.

Many people are hoping so much for different things in the upcoming movie, as it will be the turning point between G4 and G5, where a new era will start with Sunny and her friends, when they have to start again, inspired by the Mane 6.

Many had feared that the children’s book that had been scanned and shared with others would ruin the joy - but instead it has answered many questions without touching on the very essence of the movie; the link between G4 and G5. The fact that Hasbro very quickly recalled the toys of the Mane 6 in G5 pony design, suggests that we can expect very interesting surprises. In addition, the trailer had revealed that the movie is characterized by two different priorities, a break, a “restarting” after G4 - and a resumption of the track after G4 in recent times. There will be a lot of rework for one year ahead. Some of the flaws with the pony design are a bit too gross as with running and spine position. And that’s just the beginning. But the best part is that this will not disturb the joy of the movie and the beginning of G5.

Nothing lasts forever.

We still do not know how or why the ponies in Equestria were exposed to a catastrophe where they lost their magic, it is now clear that the magical world has not lost its magic in contrast to the ponies. Just like with the abyssinians in the IDW comics in S10. And the fate of these magical cats after the last revelation in FiM # 101 may be due to an attack. And it is clear that this happened while Twilight Sparkle ruled, for she left behind a glass window and three important crystals that may have been entrusted to the chosen ones. When Sunny was to resurrect the magic, it was only later that she discovered that it is a spell in Twilight’s typical character. Three crystal - unicorn, pegasi, earth pony - three elements - friendship, forgiveness and - hope. Sunny is the element of Hope according to other information. Only she could activate the spell that will return the magic to the Ponykind.

Twilight Sparkle has a strong presence in the movie, just like with Celestia in the first seasons of G4 around her student, by being a dominant factor in the background. It is possible that Sunny was already chosen when she was born, and her father may have descended in a straight line from one of the three selected “crystal guardians”, where they keep alive the memory of her and her legacy. We do not know who the pony with the balloons in the trailer is, and there will be many who will ponder this, because only a single pony had flown with balloons. Will we discover other mysterious characters in the background during the movie?

The attack may have forced Twilight and perhaps other alicorns to ascend to save the rest of the world, but it may have happened at a very high price, as she may have been aware that the Ponykind will irrevocably lose their magic and come into conflict with each other when they want to blame each other for the disaster. Twilight could not help but wait with her friends, while the world continues its relentless path into the future.

Until her spell is activated as the last gesture by G4.
Background Pony #121A
That’s because it was a reboot, not a sequel.

The Movie have become both. This has left its mark on the work, but fortunately they are on the right track.

What the Mane 6 has left behind is not gone.

Strange to imagine Capper Dapperpaws from S10 and Sunny Starscout from G5 in the same place, as they had suffered the same fate with their kind being robbed of magic. This is the connection between the S10 and the G5 movie.
Background Pony #BC7D
@WyrmSpawN  
It’s a reboot that was lazily stitched into being a sequel series, creating massive problems to the universe of the original.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Guy. What if. Guys. What if, like, the tribes splitting up had nothing to do with Twilight, because, like, it happened after her death, so she wasn’t in control of what was happening at the time?

full

One thing you can criticize G4 for is how stagnant Equestria was as a setting, and how little of an impact the lore had on the average citizen. An ancient princess returns, a chaos spirit returns, changelings invade Canterlot, a lost empire returns, a new princess is crowned etc. But for most of Equestria, these things may as well have not happened. So the merits of the premise are twofold:

1. Whatever happened, it had more of an impact than 90% of the things that happened during G4, which immediately makes it more compelling.

2. The premise, by nature, will filter out the sorts of depressing people who unironically believe that “Either your work lasts forever or everything you did was meaningless. These are the only options.”

full
Background Pony #121A
Guy. What if. Guys. What if, like, the tribes splitting up had nothing to do with Twilight, because, like, it happened after her death, so she wasn’t in control of what was happening at the time?

It may have been contradicted by the children’s book. For a glass window (some of which appeared to have ended up in Sunny`s bed room) from the Royal Palace in Canterlot was preserved in the pegasi castle on Zephyr Heights which gave Sunny the solution on how to return the magic to the Ponykind. The cutie mark of Twilight Sparkle is on the glass window. And the way the magic would return, it was not enough alone to put together three crystals, then it would have happened much earlier. Something extra was needed, and Twilight likes complicated and ambiguous spells.

That means she knows the Ponykind will lose their magic. Whether she foresaw it (the alicorns can dream of future events) or experienced it which will lead to the loss of magic without being able to stop it, remains unsaid. At least we know it’s indirect canon that she outlived her friends, yet there are faint indications that she had not lost touch with the rest of the Mane 6.

If there’s a powerful enemy out there who’s Sunny’s counterpart, by representing despair, he must have been able to outmaneuver Twilight, create strife among the ponies, and launch a curse that could not be lifted by the alicorn alone. But there are many indications that the spell that took the magic from the Ponykind did not have the desired effect; the magic monsters could be stopped with advanced technology, and Equestria may have been quarantined by the rest of the world for fear that the loss of magic might spread to them. Twilight may have realized that she could not do more, and thus made the three crystals for perhaps her most advanced spell in her entire life. Then she will ascend away from the realm of the mortal. All she had was hope.

And Sunny is the hope.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
@Background Pony #121A  
I wonder if Twilight Sparkle could have sacrificed herself in order to try to keep Equestria’s magic from going away and the grief Unicorns, Pegasi and Earth Ponies felt for such a sacrifice could have been what caused them to split and segregate. I dunno, I think what happened in G5 wasn’t Twilight Sparkle’s fault! Perhaps it was something that not even she, an almighty ruler, could have avoided.
Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #121A
I wonder if Twilight Sparkle could have sacrificed herself in order to try to keep Equestria’s magic from going away and the grief Unicorns, Pegasi and Earth Ponies felt for such a sacrifice could have been what caused them to split and segregate. I dunno, I think what happened in G5 wasn’t Twilight Sparkle’s fault! Perhaps it was something that not even she, an almighty ruler, could have avoided.

No one is omnipotent or invincible in the Ponyverse; not even the creator goddesses. A harmless spell can damage the most powerful magical creature of all existence by hitting weak points. Discord is not invulnerable, he can not exist in magic-free realities, can not use magic in the face of anti-magic, nor can he overcome certain blockages on his magic. Is there anything that seems to go around in the G4, is that anyone regardless of strength and reputation can fall under the most unexpected circumstances.

Do not think Twilight was responsible for what led to the loss of magic among the Ponykind, but it is possible that she and the other alicorns such as Celestia and Luna may have sacrificed themselves to save the rest of Equestria and the magical balance of the world. They could do so by ascending to the mysterious dimension from which they can manipulate the magic of the mortal realm. I can not get the sight of the mysterious pony with the balloons of the mind. There’s a lot we do not know about the alicorns or the mysterious dimension called “Elsewhere”, only that the collective magic of the ponies leads from there.

Without Equestria, the worldwide Friendship Empire (more like the UN in our world) would have collapsed. Perhaps the mysterious enemy found the weakness in her empire, and it was the ponies who never managed to break with their instinctive herd tendencies. Twilight could choose to sacrifice the Ponykind’s happiness to save the world - and thus sacrifice himself.
Background Pony #BC7D

That literally makes no sense at all.

1. The premise, by nature, will filter out the sorts of depressing people who unironically believe that “Either your work lasts forever or everything you did was meaningless. These are the only options.”

Someone used the example of the Founding Fathers earlier. Using that example, America is destroyed now, it will in some way signal that they failed to create a long lasting nation. That’s how it works. The state of the Disney Corporation today says something about how Walt Disney started it. I don’t see why it needs to be explained that the past effects the present and future and that things that happened years ago can have long lasting effects.

If Twilight failed to bring long lasting friendship to Equestria and actually indirectly ruined Equestria so much that ponies went back to being just as bigoted as they were Equestria’s founding, she failed. Especially given her goals of total harmony between all the species in Seasons 8 and 9.
Background Pony #BC7D
I can’t edit my previous post, but I meant to say if America is destroyed now. I wasn’t making a political statement, it was a hypothetical about if the country were to fall apart. Please don’t misread that.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

That literally makes no sense at all.

Sometimes, people die. Once they die, they’re no longer in control of things that happen, since dead people can’t take actions. Responsibility falls to the people who are still alive and still able to take actions. Granted, their actions can have a lingering effect, but it’s not the be-all-end-all that you’re making it out to be.

Someone used the example of the Founding Fathers earlier. Using that example, America is destroyed now, it will in some way signal that they failed to create a long lasting nation.

400+ years is long-lasting, though. Also, surely if America is destroyed, that has more to do with the forces that actually destroyed it than it does with people who’ve been dead for hundreds of years. The idea that The Founding Fathers are to blame is an extremely weak technicality.

If Twilight failed to bring long lasting friendship to Equestria and actually indirectly ruined Equestria so much that ponies went back to being just as bigoted as they were Equestria’s founding, she failed.

If Twilight failed, she failed. That’s just using circular reasoning without establishing a concrete fail-state. How long is “long-lasting”? If her Age of Friendship lasted hundreds of years, then surely she succeeded at bringing “long lasting friendship”. Also, by your own logic, surely it was The Founders of Equestria who failed, since it was their union that didn’t stand the test of time, not Twilight’s.

Also also, you didn’t actually address the point. I’ll take that to mean you do unironically believe that “Either your work lasts forever, or everything you did is meaningless. Those are the only options”. Which is just you projecting your own nihilistic worldview onto a horse cartoon for children.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide