MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Johnny B. Mediocre
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

psst it's me I'm a horse
Vanessa Hudgens probably recorded this movie in a day and forgot about it.

how do you know that? did she tell you that yourself or are you just assuming the worst because it’s easier that way

also

you:  
Some people can be both.

also you:  
A real voice actress = someone that does voice acting professionally
A fake voice actress = a live action actor hack that decides to do voices poorly and doesn’t have the talent that a voice actor is supposed to

make up your mind m8, are they hacks or not
Johnny B. Mediocre
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

psst it's me I'm a horse
@phoenixacezero  
I mean this is the same company who got loads of celebrities into recurring roles on most of their cartoons (Aaron Paul on BoJack Horseman for example)

@SparkleDash  
so what differentiates Mark Hamill from Kimiko Glenn and Michael McKean who are both live-action actors and voice actors? there’s a clear difference between getting someone like them to do a voice role for a cartoon than like Shark Tale having Robert DeNiro for some reason
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Ebalosus  
Oh yeah, that’s one of the things I was looking for with this new generation. The protagonists aren’t god-chosen universe’s pets, they’re normal people. To go with the “everyone can make a difference” motto. Whether we’re talking about Twilight “born with the galaxy’s biggest silver spoon in the mouth” Sparkle or the other Mane Six, G4’s real lesson was basically that you could only hope to matter remotely in the world if you were Chosen By Fate Itself.

I actually hope the Mane Five don’t end up being embodiments of any virtue, because that basically kicks the whole “anyone can change the world for the better” hope thing down a river.

Sadly for me—and I guess I end up explaining myself in the end anyway, eh—that’s eclipsed by Sunny being, well, what people picture when they think of an activist I guess. Believes her opinion is fact, can’t conceive that she could possibly be wrong, a love for her vision that’s as big as her absolute lack of empathy for the troubles she causes…

Like, seriously, her first (and only) reaction to Hitch telling her she’s making his job hell with her antics is to ask him to use his sheriff status to help her crusade. And some time after that, Zipp and Pipp lose everything they knew, they become reviled overnight, their mother ends up arrested… and she doesn’t give a fuck.

Sunny only starts caring about the consequences of her actions once she doesn’t get her way. And predictably, she crumbles like a house of cards when that happens… before being proven right and getting her way in the end anyway.

Really, remove Sunny from the show, and G5 is the best thing ever for me. Even with her, just one protagonist I despise is leagues ahead of G4.

And because this probably needs to be said… That’s my take on it and I don’t mind others thinking something else. Hopefully I’m not one of those “dinner will have to wait, someone is wrong on the internet” types.

That, and being a ‘boring old earth pony’ definitely helps.

I loved the ending. Pegasi start flying again, unicorns get their magic back… and earth ponies got nothin’. I can’t stop laughing about it.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Johnny B. Mediocre  
It depends on if the voice actors commit to the roles and put effort into them or not.

Also, why do you even care? I just wanna express my opinion, there’s no reason to keep replying to it to tell me you disagree and wasting multiple pages of thread. 🤷‍♂️
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Extremely indecisive!
@Johnny B. Mediocre
It depends on if the voice actors commit to the roles and put effort into them or not.
Also, why do you even care? I just wanna express my opinion, there’s no reason to keep replying to it to tell me you disagree and wasting multiple pages of thread. 🤷‍♂️

Need I like to remind you that you’re the one who’s constantly badmouthing and publicly shaming people who don’t even know nor give a flying fuck for who you are in a PUBLIC THREAD ON DERPIBOORU. And you’re complaining about someone trying to teach you your place as if you’re currently a victim of neglected bullying? Pathetic.
Background Pony #9485
@SparkleDash  
Then all you had to do was say you didn’t like it. You gave everyone pages and pages of how G5 spat on everything G4 was, rants on how only pony Twilight Jesus could save it, and being judgmental towards the movie and everyone who wanted to see it without giving it a chance for months.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
talking about it with a friend, kinda sore that Sprout never really got any sort of punishment or karma for the shit he caused. Dude created a dictatorship literally overnight and made a giant war machine while also filling the town with more racist proganda, not to mention the fact he tried to kill Sunny and her friends and even destroyed her house, and he doesn’t even get a slap on the wrist.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide